Which Sennheiser headphone do you prefer for music mixing, the HD 560 S or the HD 650?
15 days left

Sennheiser HD 560 vs. HD 650: We Want Your Opinions and Experiences!

106°
Deal Cadet
Jefrey

Hey everyone! I'm looking to get a new set of headphones primarily for music mixing. I've been checking out the Sennheiser HD 560 and HD 650, but I'm finding it difficult to decide between them. Although I've done some research online, I really wanted to hear from all of you.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback from those of you who have used one (or both!) of these headphones for mixing. Which is your favourite, and why? Do you find that one of them captures the subtle details better and maintains a neutral sound, while the other brings out a more natural feel? It would be fantastic if you could provide any personal experiences or guidance. Many thanks!

Sennheiser HD 650
https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-HD-650-Over-Ea...

Sennheiser HD 560S

https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-HD-560S-560s/d...

Sennheiser HD 600
https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-Wired-Headphon...

12 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@Total_Fun

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

I completely see your point that IEMs are convenient for on-the-go use and comfortable for extended periods of time. It's also wonderful to know that many DJs are using them instead of CDs for live performances. Without a doubt, I'll investigate several with well-balanced sounds.

Indeed, the flat sound of the HD 560S is what's drawing me in, but the HD 650 also sounds interesting, especially if it reveals additional information. It's intriguing that despite its higher price, studios prefer the HD 650.

I'll follow your recommendation and look at Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica as well. Also, Headphonezone.in seems like a worthwhile website to check out. Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge and experience!

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

Hd800s

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Whoa, that's a big price difference between the HD 800S and the HD 650! For a home studio, that could be a hefty investment.

Have you used the HD 800S before? I'm curious to know how it stacks up against the HD 650, especially for home studio use.

Thanks for sharing your opinion....
View 2 more replies
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
studios have been using hd650 for a long time because it can produce better details than hd560s. The price of hd650 is also almost twice as expensive as the 560s 
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
@Jefrey I would seriously suggest you look into the IEM ( In ear monitor ) available at greater value for money than Headphones. 

In Long wearing session where you have to move or dance IEM have no comparison in terms of comfort. If the IEM fits you right.  And if you check most of EDM or DJ performing live they're rapidly switching to IEMs .  Look for ones which are tuned  for balanced  ( or flat ) sound signature.

But if you are  specifically looking for over the ear or on the ear headphones, Sennheiser hd560s is great choice with flat sound signature. Or go for HD650 (balanced sound signature). Audio-Tecnica and Beyerdynamics are two brands you should look into. Check Headphonezone.in
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Since sound mixing is a different skill in itself, different from live DJ, are you still sure of it (IEM) being able to deliver the kind of fuller highs and lows and finer details?

Any specific model recommendations then?

Thanks.
View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

beware of costly cable changes

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

i got hd 598sr for like 7k, its pretty great brought it in 2018 and its still working 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thank you for sharing!

The HD 598SR sounds like a great deal. I'm considering the HD 560S and HD 650 for music mixing. Since you've had a positive experience with Sennheiser, do you have any thoughts on how the HD 560 or HD 650 compare, especially in terms of sound quality?
replyuser
Click here to reply