A Beginner's Guide to Freelancing : Earning Onl...

A Beginner's Guide to Freelancing : Earning Online - Work From Home

Score: 22 Votes: 22
Score: 22 Votes: 22
Score: 22 Votes: 22
Score: 22 Votes: 22
Score: 22 Votes: 22
D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

I will try to make this post as simple as possible.

First of all, You need to have some basic knowledge of English Communication and knowledge of Technical Domain will be a Bonus.

Steps :
1. Find Your Niche : Find a work which interests you. It may be Data Entry, Article Writing, Article Re-Writing, Web Development, User-Interface, Projects on Java, C++ and .Net etc.

2: Start Building, Anything & Everything : So you’ve found your niche. Now it’s time to get building. The best place to start is your portfolio website. Your portfolio is a way of displaying your skills and having an easy reference for potential clients. Add some of your projects with screenshots and URLs in your portfolio.

Any potential client will want to see samples of your work. Have them ready, buy a domain name where you can point your clients to look at your work (you can even host it for free on https://pages.gith...om

3: Sign up and Start Connecting : Now you have a portfolio to show case your skills to the world, lets connect to people and get some work that relates to you. (I will be explaining few Websites in this post later to get started…. )

4: Points to remember :
Start with small ones that you can completely easily so you can start building your reputation on freelancing platforms.
keep yourself Organized, Deliver on Time or before, Be Always in communication with the client and
Never forget to get a Written Feedback of your services from the client (Testimonials !)

As more people start to see your work, and as long as you are doing good work, more people will be willing to hire you.

Few Suggestions (Where you can try Yourself)

1: Article Writing / Re-Writing : Earn $3-$10 for each 200-500 Words of Unique Article Writing

2: Data Entry : Earn Minimum $5 : Based on Current Market rates. Work might be Survey forms, Writing online reviews, Sending bulk emails etc.

3: Logo/Banner Design : If you are good at Photoshop (+You are creative) – Then this job is for you. Earn $10-$400 for each Logo/Banner u design.

4: Website/Blog Design : Starting from $10/hr to $1500 for a project. Yeah, U can earn a lot with this. Currently Market rate is $30 for a basic website and $1800 for An E-Commerce Website.

There are a lot other categories are available in related websites. U can go through all of them to explore your Interest.

A list of best freelance sites out there:-

UpWork : http://www.upwo...om
Fiverr : http://www.five...om
PeoplePerHour : http://www.peopleperho...om
Guru : http://www.gu...om
99Designs : https://www.99desig...om (Best for Graphic Deisgners)
Freelancer: http://www.Freelanc...om (Not recommemded for Beginners)

P.S. : For Students and Kids : Have a look what @DealSeeker has to tell you.
http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...

P.P.S. : Got Questions OR Doubts? Instead of Messaging me, Comment here and I will definitely help you. Your Questions and Answers will be helpful for other dimers as well.

Happy Earning !!

  • In
35 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

Reserved space for Further UPDATES

Missing
Deal Subedar
1
87
1210
12

No, that’s no true for everyone. I am a freelancer and have started with freelancing twice. First time it was a miserable fail as I was never exposed to IT industry/clients.

second time it was a huge success but I had worked with very big mnc’s and have done all sorts of fire fighting.

I will say better is to start with someone so that you know how to write winning proposals and achieve whatever you have promised

Rates are much much much higher than said by OP but the thing is you need to know your stuff with perfection to charge huge. And not everyone is gonna hire you some people like shit.

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@anilenggworks77964 wrote:

Rates are much much much higher than said by OP but the thing is you need to know your stuff with perfection to charge huge. And not everyone is gonna hire you some people like shit.


Agree on the rates, Obviously my post is all about a beginner. I am working with Odesk and Fiverr since my last 6+ Years and earned a nice experience cool

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
6
2598
25

Nice to know

Fiance Finance ka batao How to earn if someone very good at Finance toungueout

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@blue wine wrote:

Nice to know

Finance ka batao How to earn if someone very good at Finance toungueout


Sure Buddy… Will update the thread. Thanks for the suggestion !:-}

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
638
@sherlock wrote:

@anilenggworks77964 wrote:

Rates are much much much higher than said by OP but the thing is you need to know your stuff with perfection to charge huge. And not everyone is gonna hire you some people like shit.


Agree on the rates, Obviously my post is all about a beginner. I am working with Odesk and Fiverr since my last 6+ Years and earned a nice experience cool

And earning even that much is still a lot better than wasting time on maintaining multiple accounts and looting 5-10 rupee deals like many college kids do on DD.

I have written about this earlier. See: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@DealSeeker wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

@anilenggworks77964 wrote:

Rates are much much much higher than said by OP but the thing is you need to know your stuff with perfection to charge huge. And not everyone is gonna hire you some people like shit.


Agree on the rates, Obviously my post is all about a beginner. I am working with Odesk and Fiverr since my last 6+ Years and earned a nice experience cool

And earning even that much is still a lot better than wasting time on maintaining multiple accounts and looting 5-10 rupee deals like many college kids do on DD.

I have written about this earlier. See: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...


Exactly Thats what made me to write this Post. Lets see who will get the benefits of all these things.

As I said.. I am always available here to answer all queries related to Freelancing and work From Home.

Disney incredibles dash
Deal Subedar
3
1,173
2222
128
@sherlock wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

@anilenggworks77964 wrote:

Rates are much much much higher than said by OP but the thing is you need to know your stuff with perfection to charge huge. And not everyone is gonna hire you some people like shit.


Agree on the rates, Obviously my post is all about a beginner. I am working with Odesk and Fiverr since my last 6+ Years and earned a nice experience cool

And earning even that much is still a lot better than wasting time on maintaining multiple accounts and looting 5-10 rupee deals like many college kids do on DD.

I have written about this earlier. See: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...


Exactly Thats what made me to write this Post. Lets see who will get the benefits of all these things.

As I said.. I am always available here to answer all queries related to Freelancing and work From Home.


i tried lot of times but didnt start in determination so far..i just want to know how to get the clients or to get atleast some small works.. either in datawarehousing(didnt see much proposals) or html5…

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
52
134
0

Which is better and easier field other than data entry to learn and work as freelancer? Please mention low cost methods to learn it.

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

@dealmate Buddy… for HTML5, enhance your skills a bit more by doing few online projects on your own. Dont forget BootStrap as well. If you need anything in your learning journey, I am here. I will provide a Temporary Domain, Server, web-hosting and whatever u need. meanwhile check http://www.five...om to get some knowledge about how u can start there.

@giri273 Start with low budget tasks. Like Article writing/re-writing. Try Fiverr.com. Soon, U will understand how to sell more and get more clients. Feel free to contact whenever u feel stuck.

Boom
Deal Subedar
1
107
1598
124

nice post
any reason why freelancer isn’t recommended for beginners? @sherlock

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@ḾᾍJἘşṬίḉ wrote:

nice post
any reason why freelancer isn’t recommended for beginners? @sherlock


Chances are very low for a beginner in freelancer.com.

As a beginner, yes u can start with a free account but most of the clients prefer to give their job to a established and experienced people. Most of the companies in Delhi-NCR have their profile in Freelancer.com. Obviously they have paid account and projects to show the client that they are skilled.

Another reason is their policies, U have to wait for upto 3 weeks to get funds for the job u have done. They will do some verification and all to release you the money, and sometime u have to prove that you have spent exact hours on the project for which u r getting paid. So as a beginner, I dont find it so worth.

Disney incredibles dash
Deal Subedar
3
1,173
2222
128
@sherlock wrote:

@dealmate Buddy… for HTML5, enhance your skills a bit more by doing few online projects on your own. Dont forget BootStrap as well. If you need anything in your learning journey, I am here. I will provide a Temporary Domain, Server, web-hosting and whatever u need. meanwhile check http://www.five...om to get some knowledge about how u can start there.

@giri273 Start with low budget tasks. Like Article writing/re-writing. Try Fiverr.com. Soon, U will understand how to sell more and get more clients. Feel free to contact whenever u feel stuck.


thanks sherlock..can you pls suggest some sites to do online projects/learning? what is your technology by the way:-} if you give your experience will be better.

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@dealmate wrote:

thanks sherlock..can you pls suggest some sites to do online projects/learning? what is your technology by the way:-} if you give your experience will be better.


6 years ago…I started with Article Writing, back then I was still a student. My First Payment that I got in PayPal was 344.46 Rs.
I kept improving my skills and…
Now….I am experienced in HTML5, JavaScript, CSS3, BootStrap, jQuery, PHP, WordPress and Magento.
I dont want to reveal my earnings here though but U can guess I havent taken a single penny from Home since last 4 years.

These online projects helped me to get job in a MNC here in Bangalore.

Avatar 8165
Deal Lieutenant
4
224
4894
74
@sherlock wrote:


@dealmate wrote:

thanks sherlock..can you pls suggest some sites to do online projects/learning? what is your technology by the way:-} if you give your experience will be better.


6 years ago…I started with Article Writing, back then I was still a student. My First Payment that I got from PayPal was 344.46 Rs.
I kept improving my skills and…
Now….I am experienced in HTML5, JavaScript, CSS3, BootStrap, jQuery, PHP, WordPress and Magento.
I dont want to reveal my earnings here though but U can guess I havent taken a single penny from Home since last 4 years.

These online projects helped me to get job in a MNC here in Bangalore.

Can u suggest me some good courses, niche for youtibe videos, some video making unique and free softwares too

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

@[email protected] Ðî×ïT™

I will suggest you to got for Educational Videos. You can record lectures, interviews, article/book reviews, demonstrate anything, etc. Then, it is possible to upload these videos on Youtube and and you will start earning

Firstly, Target your User Base. People still dont want to pay for Online Courses (CourseEra, Udemy etc) That is why they visit YouTube to gain knowledge. Make sure your videos shouldn’t be long and try to categories them on Topic Based instead of whole course in 1 video.

Here are few Links for you :

https://theblogpress.com/blog/make-money-online...

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/youtube-easiest-way-...

https://valoso.com/blog/video-in-education-supp...

P.S. I will give names of Software as well in my upcoming post.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
52
140
1

Bookmarking the thread.

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@ymind13 wrote:

Bookmarking the thread.


Try to utilize the discussion here as well

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
146
1
@sherlock wrote:

@[email protected] Ðî×ïT™

I will suggest you to got for Educational Videos. You can record lectures, interviews, article/book reviews, demonstrate anything, etc. Then, it is possible to upload these videos on Youtube and and you will start earning

Firstly, Target your User Base. People still dont want to pay for Online Courses (CourseEra, Udemy etc) That is why they visit YouTube to gain knowledge. Make sure your videos shouldn’t be long and try to categories them on Topic Based instead of whole course in 1 video.

Here are few Links for you :

https://theblogpress.com/blog/make-money-online...

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/youtube-easiest-way-...

https://valoso.com/blog/video-in-education-supp...

P.S. I will give names of Software as well in my upcoming post.

Which Freelancing work have you worked on? Can we see your website for example?

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

@as005 there are a lot of gigs listed in fiverr related to web programming. Choose level 1 ones to get started.

Avatar 8165
Deal Lieutenant
4
224
4894
74
@sherlock wrote:

@as005 there are a lot of gigs listed in fiverr related to web programming. Choose level 1 ones to get started.

Thanks for the suggestion but my English is bit weak and i won’t be able to make video in english i have good knowledge on mobiles, networks etc.. Can u suggest me some thing related to this

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12
@[email protected] Ðî×ïT™ wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

@as005 there are a lot of gigs listed in fiverr related to web programming. Choose level 1 ones to get started.

Thanks for the suggestion but my English is bit weak and i won’t be able to make video in english i have good knowledge on mobiles, networks etc.. Can u suggest me some thing related to this


@[email protected] Ðî×ïT™ Give it a try bro, Thats a better way to improve your english. Other than that, U will get Traffic from English speaking countries as well.

Try making videos using free software available on Internet, later u can pay for them as u start earning in youtube. Use images, text. banner everything to make it look appealing.

U can publish videos related to Tech gadget Reviews, Comparison between gadgets etc,

Disney incredibles dash
Deal Subedar
3
1,173
2222
128
@sherlock wrote:

@[email protected] Ðî×ïT™ wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

@as005 there are a lot of gigs listed in fiverr related to web programming. Choose level 1 ones to get started.

Thanks for the suggestion but my English is bit weak and i won’t be able to make video in english i have good knowledge on mobiles, networks etc.. Can u suggest me some thing related to this


@[email protected] Ðî×ïT™ Give it a try bro, Thats a better way to improve your english. Other than that, U will get Traffic from English speaking countries as well.

Try making videos using free software available on Internet, later u can pay for them as u start earning in youtube. Use images, text. banner everything to make it look appealing.

U can publish videos related to Tech gadget Reviews, Comparison between gadgets etc,


earning through youtube are you referring to adsense? my adsense associated with my blogs are cancelled..how can i start a valid and new adsense account?

Disney incredibles dash
Deal Subedar
3
1,173
2222
128

anyone??

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

@dealmate The most known reason for the cancellation of Adsense account is Invalid Clicks. (Click Fraud) Make sure you get authentic and valid clicks for your ads.

There is a well known forums u can get all the ways and tricks to get started a new one and avoid any future ban, its BlackHatWorld https://www.blackhatwor...om

This URL might be helpful for you: https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-get-Google-AdSe...

In above page, have a look at the user queries at the right panel.

P.S. Sorry for delay in my response bro.

Missing