Hot Deal

Advice Needed ~ Misbehave by Bank Manager ~ Regarding Changing 4500Rs in Cash at PNB Branch

1218°
Deal Cadet
hps21
Hi, I need an Advice. Today I encountered with an very Disturbing Behaviour by PNB Bank Manager. Today I went to an PNB Branch near my home for changing 4500Rs in cash, with the Required Form downloaded from RBI Site and filled, Voter Card as ID proof in Original as well as Self Attested Photocopy, as per RBI Rules/Reqirements. It was first time, I went to change Currency at any Bank. I never went to any Bank for changing currency in cash, before today. I was in need of new/valid currency for meeting my own expenses. I am suffering from Medical condition from past more than 1 month (Having Acidic Reflux Disease along with Fatty Lever Disease and also had Viral fever about 10 days back). From few days I am feeling some problem in my Throat inside and planned to do endoscopy of same as per Doctor advise and for such things and for some day to day expenses, I needed some new/valid currency. I reached Bank at 10:15 AM approximately and joined the Line of peoples outside shutter (Entry Gate) of Bank. It took about 1 Hour for me to able to reach inside Bank after attending the Line, as many peoples were forcely entering the Bank without attending the Line and Guard is/was unable to handle them. On entering Bank, I get to know that on counter that they are changing Currency of 4500Rs to only those peoples who have account in their Bank Branch and their staff directed me to Bank Manager. On contacting Bank Manager, he deny to change my notes and said that he will allow to change notes of his Branch customers only and also advised me to open Bank account in his Bank. When I said him about RBI Rules that anybody can change Notes from Bank upto 4500Rs in cash, he deny to agree and said He made his rule and will not change it. I said him that he is not RBI Governer who can make rules. On that he started Misbehaving and said like -Tum RBI Governer Ho Kya. He asked me to go to Bank where I have Bank Account. I explained him that the Bank (HDFC Bank) where I have my Bank Account is some far distance from my Home (about 5-7KM) and also have Vehicle Parking Problems there. I also asked him that If he have made any rule that non-customers cannot change cash at their Bank branch, than why not they posted such Notice on outside Bank, so such peoples dont waste their time in standing in the line. But, It seem that, He was not interested in talking to me and said like such things wont help. I was not alone and there many peoples like me, who wasted time. I seen there that few peoples were started filling Account opening Form there. I think maybe Manger was trying to complete some kind of target of new customers. Than, I call Police 100 Number for seeking help. On Call I given explained the complete situation, the person from Police control room also talked with Bank Manger on my my phone and was taking my details, but the call got disconnected in between. I call again and give them full details again and again they talked to Bank Manager on my phone. Bank Manager said to them that He have Limited Currency and will give them to his Branch customers only. Later, The person of Police control Board than told me that they cant help me and asked me to go to Bank where I have my account. However, I told her about RBI rules and I also said her that I attended line for 1 hour and if I go to HDFC Bank now, will again have to attend line there , but she deny to help me and asked me to contact at local police station and said Police ko bahut kaam hote hai. But when I reach parking, Police came to Bank, I think they came basis on my first call, Bank Manager also came at parking (infront of Bank) and started misbehaving and speaking loudly, He said like - Tum Pradhan Mantri Ho kya and also call me Jhoota infront of Police peoples and said that there is good parking on HDFC Bank in which I have account and I am Jhoota and speaking Jhoot. He was looking very unprofessional, sepaking loudly and misbehaving a lot and one of Police Person, after listening what I said, denied to help me and asked me to leave the Bank. One Police person tried to help me, but that other Person of Police asked me to leave the Bank. It seems that person and the manager have some connection. Bank is just walking distance from nearby Police station. I need advice of Dimers, whether I just forget all this crap or take some legal Action against such Strange treatment from Bank. I do have Phone Conversations Recording with me in which, Bank Manager talk with Police Department Dial 100 Control Room Person and He explained all his own formed rules to him and denied to change my notes and advice me to go to Bank in which I have my Account. I am thinking to do Complaint of Bank Manager at Local Head Office (LHO) and also thinking to report to Newspaper Agency. However my Family members are not suporting me and saying, to forget these things and dont get in to unnecessary troubles.
80 Comments  |  
41 Dimers
  • Sort By
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
@mitu-ag wrote:

My experience. .

I have account in kotak but that rude manger told lie to everyone that network is down come later but i stand there and told … i am going to wait…

That man took his known customers inside. .. when i start to fight with him regarding this… he let me get inside ….
Bank manger from private bank also is not cooperating

Ha ha correct. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

My private bank also declaring they have no currency but I called my relationship manager that I want it for my birthday party and they came to my place to collect cheque in the morning and delivered money at 4 pm. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
Everything happens, in India.

@OP – You should complaint to Nodal complaint centre of PNB and not let them go.
They have to dispose off complaints.
[I once complained to SBI and the branch manager literally had to plead to me to let the case go] https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif
Do note here that you can add some extra complaints while reporting, like he pushed you or spitted on you so as to have more gravity in the matter

No one’s having time to check CCTV recording for trivial issues. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@mitu-ag wrote:

My experience. .

I have account in kotak but that rude manger told lie to everyone that network is down come later but i stand there and told … i am going to wait…

That man took his known customers inside. .. when i start to fight with him regarding this… he let me get inside ….
Bank manger from private bank also is not cooperating

Ha ha correct. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

My private bank also declaring they have no currency but I called my relationship manager that I want it for my birthday party and they came to my place to collect cheque in the morning and delivered money at 4 pm. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
Everything happens, in India.

@OP – You should complaint to Nodal complaint centre of PNB and not let them go.
They have to dispose off complaints.
[I once complained to SBI and the branch manager literally had to plead to me to let the case go] https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif
Do note here that you can add some extra complaints while reporting, like he pushed you or spitted on you so as to have more gravity in the matter

No one’s having time to check CCTV recording for trivial issues. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Let’s punish him for what he did, not for what he did not do.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Seems views if experienced staffer.

Anyway, if a small thing in the case proved wrong, it raises the doubt on other issues too.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Kuch mt karo….just pnb ki facilities ka pta lagao aur unka fayda utha’te raho

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

@hps21 bro !
Right away write a mail to pnb grievance cell and add that banks official email address as cc in that.
Write some strict words and complain
I bet that person will call u back for sure .
Btw tell me the branch name n city

a [email protected]
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Bro first take care of your health. Post the PNB branch name here. We will all complain at PNB and RBI site. Let’s show xxx Manager the power of Desidime.
Don’t do any unlawful things, many Bank employees are working overtime to make things smoother we should respect those.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Think of a plan and implementafter ur hhealthimproves.
One of the guy had a panga with influential guy, he waited for some days till that guy forgot and then started giving him missed calls and SMS on Number in 1000’s. Dos attack.
Wont go in much detail.

Link Copied

@hps21

Sorry to hear about situation.

I would suggest you to drop this matter and move on for 2 reasons:

1. Most bank officials including the top brass of bank and also RBI is very busy these days with demonetization mess. There are far more serious issues they need to tackle these days and your complaint may fall on deaf ears.

2. Even if you escalate the issue, Bank manager would simply say that he was running out of currency and he prioritized his own customers. Won’t you like to be treated preferably at your bank? Although RBI has asked banks to facilitate exchange requests from everybody, but at the end of the day, Banks also needs to take care of their their own customers on priority.

Just call your HDFC bank branch and check with them if they have any options to prioritize your request. I have received an SMS from my bank( Citi) that i can get a slot booked and get my cash exchanged/withdrawn during the slot to avoid the rush/que. I’m sure HDFC may have similar arrangements.

On a lighter note, have been staying in the U.S.A? Calling cops for every argument seems to be a trademark associated with Americans. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

@Magus

Link Copied

Msg from Avinash Kanitkar –
Please find attached image. Today Morning I was struggling to fill CNG for my car in Pune. I thought MNGL Pump at Shivajinagar will accept credit /debit card. When I reached there and enquired they told me, MNGL never accept cards, they accept only CASH. I felt this needs fix. Once I reach office I filed Grievance to PMO (Narendra Modi’s system) and requested a fix.
To My surprise, I received at 5:30 from MNGL officer for asking all details about incident and also expressed regret about inconvenience. The MNGL officer called me again after 30 mins and told me MNGL have already installed AXIS bank swipe machines and many staff members are not aware. He said MNGL again ensure all it’s staff will proactively offer credit/debit card facility to all customers. He will also ask & remind MNGL dealers in Pune to provide card facility for CNG.
He also given me his number & call him incase I see any issue.

Finally he again expressed regret for inconvenience & told me he & MNGL is committed for ultimate customer satisfaction.
When I asked how come so fast he got this complaint, he said “Sir once you file in PMO system, it comes to appropriate officer in few minutes by software” They are supposed to close all such actions immediately & after "citizen’s OK’ they will close ticket in PMO system.
I am really shocked to see such prompt action by PMO.
It’s really “MODIFIED INDIA

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Am I dreaming? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the info. Please add the link because there are many grievance portals.

Link Copied

Sorry to hear this honestly the bank manager sold apologize to you but given your medical condition i would advice to take care of it first .A*holes are everywhere it’s no exception here. What police did was so disappointing they could have atleast asked the manager to give money rather than asking you to leave..

Link Copied

We should have running account at least 2-3 local banks, the reason could be anything.

- regular inflow of salary/business etc
- share trading/ fixed deposit or some niche benefit like home loan /education loan/debit card offers
- nearest to home or nearest to parents (easiest )
- using debit card withdrawal from other bank ATM in emergency.
- best online/wallet experience
- salary account for spouse.
- rental income or overseas payments

• to let forgo one of the options, in such incidence
    (To vent your frustations)*

@A2Zdeals
@Navneet
@Tejaa
@Achilles
@asoka

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I am a banker and I request everyone to bear with us in present situation. Try to understand our situation, given the work load.
- Few days back, similar rush was there for jio sim. I went to a nearby store after 5-6 days of release of offer at around 2 PM. The store manager told me that they are distributing coupons every morning at 10AM to those in queue and only coupon holder can get a sim. This is done to avoid gathering. Although they were free at that time but they denied to give sim. Compare the situation with a bank employee. Although a private company can deny service as per local conditions but a banker cant do so because he is bound to rules. Government just instructed banks to implement its policy without any arrangements (forget incentives) and we are trying our best to do so.
Coming to this thread, I think that the branch was running out of cash and hence it is not wrong to serve only its customers. They should have made some banners stating the same but as OP said that he was in queue before branch opened so I assume that they made banners later.
Coming to the OP, If you still want to complain, you can complain either to RBI or PNB nodal officers. Contact no of both can be found in branch itself. It is mandatory to make display boards with numbers of complaining authority. The BM will certainly face problems after your complain.

PS – I am an ex-banker and a to-be-banker. I left clerical job to compete and join again as officer.

Link Copied

कुछ याद इन्हें भी कर लो, जो लौट के घर न आये।
8 बैंक कर्मियों को विनम्र श्रधांजलि।

एक सहकर्मी से प्राप्त दु:खद संदेश :
========

कैसा यह दौर है-लगता है जैसे मानवीय सम्वेदनाओं का भी राजनीतिकरण और वर्गीकरण हो गया है – देश की सीमा की सुरक्षा करते हुए सैनिक मरे तो पूरे देश की सम्वेदना, दंगे में लोग मरें तो राजनैतिक दलों की, यहाँ तक की आत्म हत्या करने वाले और encounter में मारे गए लोगों के प्रति भी किसी न किसी की सम्वेदना और इन सबके आश्रितों के लिए आर्थिक मुआवज़ा देने की होड़ ।

कल रात हमारी घाटमपुर, कानपूर के 8 कर्मचारी जिसमे शाखा प्रबंधक, अधिकारी व् कर्मचारी थे देर रात बैंक से लौटते समय कार दुर्घटना में जान गँवा बैठे । ये अभाग़े बैंक कर्मी क्या देश सेवा करके नहीं लौट रहे थे ? कितने अभाग़े होते हैं बैंक कर्मी कि आज उनके साथी बैंक कर्मी १००० और ५०० के नोटों से उत्पन्न विषम परिस्थितियों में देर रात तक अपने देश सेवा के कर्तव्य को अंजाम देते रहे और इन आभागों के अंतिम संस्कार में भाग नहीं ले पाए, रोते बिलखते उनके आश्रितों को सांत्वना देने वालों का अभाव रहा क्यों कि सब देश सेवा के अपने अपने फ़र्ज़ को निभा रहे थे बड़े अधिकारी से लेकर छोटे कर्मचारी तक । किसी नेता, अभिनेता या जनता के नुमाइंदे ने भी इन आभागों के परिवार की कोई सुधि नहीं ली, कहीं से किसी मुआवज़े की कोई घोषणा नहीं । बैंक में मृतक आश्रित को नौकरी देने की जो व्यवस्था है वह महज़ नौटंकी के सिवा कुछ नहीं, फ़ैमिली पेन्शन बस कहने को पेन्शन है ।

काले धन और नक़ली नोटों की जंग में शिरकत करके बैंक कर्मी ख़ुद अपनी पीठ चाहे कितनी भी थपथपा लें, देश की अर्थव्यवस्था में अपने योगदान की ख़ुद कितनी ही तारीफ़ कर लें-सच्चाई यही है कि बैंक कर्मियों और उनके योगदान को न तो सरकार मानती है, न जनता और न जनता के नुमाइंदे । बेबसी के आलम में कल रात दुर्घटना में मरे अपने साथियों के दुःखी और पीड़ित परिजनों के लिए ईश्वर से दुआ करने के अलावा हम कर ही क्या सकते हैं ?

बैंक कर्मियों की देश भक्ति सीमा की रखवाली कर रहे सैनिक से कम नहीं है, अगर सीमा की रक्षा करने वाला सैनिक एक आदेश पर सब कुछ करने को तत्पर हो जाता है तो बैंक कर्मी भी यही कर रहा है, जन धन के नाम पर करोड़ों खाते खोल डाले और अब काले धन और नक़ली नोटों की जंग में ख़ुशी ख़ुशी आदेश का पालन करने में लग गए-कल रात १२ घंटे से भी अधिक सेवा करके कई तो जेब से रुपए गँवा कर लौटे हैं । यह देश भक्ति नहीं तो और क्या है कि यह जानते हुए कि सरकारी कर्मचारी के मुक़ाबले वेतन पेन्शन आदि में वे कहीं नहीं ठहरते-उन्होंने ख़ुशी ख़ुशी अपने फ़र्ज़ को अंजाम दिया है । नोटों का बदलना कोई बड़ा काम नहीं है-ऐसा काम भी नहीं है जिसमें किसी विशेष दक्षता की ज़रूरत है-क्यों नहीं यह काम सरकारी कर्मचारियों से करवा लेते ? अभी पता चल जाएगा कि ईमानदारी और जोखिम उठाना क्या होता है ।

बहुत उदास और दुःखी हूँ – उदासी और दुःख इस कारण है कि इतनी जिल्लत झेलने के बाद भी कहीं कोई विप्लव के स्वर नहीं, कहीं कोई कड़ा प्रतिवाद या विरोध नहीं । सब अपने अपने में खोए हुए, ख़ुद ज़लालत, चुनौती और दुःख भोगते हुए बिलकुल असहाय और निराश लोगों की फ़ौज हैं बैंक कर्मी ।

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

file a complaint at pgportal.gov.in against the bank (Financial services(Banking)>PNB)
All complaints attended 100%

you should have filed an FIR with the police for misbehaviour and harrassment

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

On the lighter side @bip100 I don’t get what ur . Initially u said ur a banker , then u became an ex-banker and lastly u said ur a to be banker .

Seems like the demonetization rules ur job designation is also changing every day https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Was in a clerical post→left job→prepared for bank PO→ got selected→ will join as a probationary officer. Lets congratulate him https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

@bip100 Congrats https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

022 22602944

022 22602201

TRY THESE HELPLINE NUMBERS GIVEN BY RBI ON THE VERY FIRST DAY OF DECISION…..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

1) Give a written letter to that same branch manager and ask him to reply in written. 90% chance he would have exchanged your cash then and there.

2) follow that bank’s grievance redressal process with written / email complaints.

3) if above steps don’t provide satisfactory result, file an online complaint with banking ombudsman.

4) file an online complaint with GOI public grievance cell.

Verbal argument has no significance in any banking or financial matter.
I know above are hard to follow and specially in the heat of the moment keeping cool is difficult.

Another, wise step could have been to agree to open an account. It would have acted as sort of proof for further escalation.

Final suggestion: Avoid PSU banks specially SBI. All private banks give very good service and respect customers and serve them well. They are much more efficient and tech savvy as well.

Try new banks like bandhan, rbl, idfc – they will pamper you like anything https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Link Copied
View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Why didn’t you shooted this whole incident on your camera, by looking at this only the manager would have easily allowed you to exchange your currency.

You made a big mistake, you should have shooted this misbehaving act on your camera and would have uploaded on YouTube and would have tweeted on Twitter mentioning PM Modi, Bank etc etc.

You lost the best thing, next day the manager would have become bhegi billi in front of you, and who knows he might also have got suspended from his job.

Link Copied

Bank need people like u. @cody to work.
-——

@Magus

Generous Generous
Link Copied

@cody

Definitely won’t deny that. Not some, most PSU bank employees (I simply hate even talking to them) think they are above the system and think no one can do anything. In fact there are lots of vids on youtube where they openly say do what you want even after knowing that they are being recorded. But now is not the time I believe, in fact you can see few more comments and one comment by an ex-banker.

I am not discouraging him and it was only my opinion. He is free to chose what he wants to do.

Link Copied

Bro such people should be punished and its an offence, they are troubling people. Suppose if one poor person who doesnt have any bank account goes to exchange note, what will happen with him? Our Govt. says everything but they are not looking into this matter.

Bloody dumb bankers, they are only interested in money. Thats all.

India will never develop becoz of Govt, Govt Employees and these bankers.

View 2 more replies
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

An eye for an eye !!! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
Go watch GangaaJal https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
Give him Negative Karma https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Do try this website. But choose polite words. I am not sure of outcome but you can try.

Pgportal.gov.in

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
@Tejaa wrote:

@Magus wrote:
……..
If you want to take revenge, just go there again and curse his whole family in public, to your heart’s satisfaction. You cannot do anything more than that. https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

pluzzz uhan(+1)
or ask the watchman that where does that manager park his car, break the car window and run away

You can also google “How to destroy a car window in less than a second”

Bhai just two days back,, got a same feeling ..

Link Copied

Leave it & move on.I encountered same issue on 1st day itself.Bank people work based on the emails received from RBI/head offices not on the statements told by PM or anyone on TV/newspapers https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Link Copied

Update

Finally OP has avenged the ‘Disturbing Behaviour’ meted out to him by the bank manager.
For details read here: http://www.amarujala.com/india-news/note-the-ch...

Dimer of The Year 2020 Dimer of The Year 2020
Link Copied
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

hats off to OP https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

REMOVED

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@ranjithsai I agree with your opinion on all this.
FYI, even in USA, there are enough bad cops. Even if you have video evidence of cop behaving in a bad manner with you, whole department including judges will support them. Worst case they will even file false cases.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

REMOVED

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

REMOVED

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Bro feeling very bad for u. But dont worry aaj usne tumhari insult ki hai.. Kal koi aur uski insult karega..

replyuser
Click here to reply