Amazon Prime Sucks, Don't fall Prey

Amazon Prime Sucks, Don't fall Prey

Score: 9 Votes: 15

Vote down Reasons

  • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 3
Score: 9 Votes: 15

Vote down Reasons

  • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 3
Score: 9 Votes: 15

Vote down Reasons

  • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 3
Score: 9 Votes: 15

Vote down Reasons

  • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 3
Score: 9 Votes: 15

Vote down Reasons

  • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 3
Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5

I was subscribed to Amazon’s much advertised Prime this month. But had horrible experience sad .

My main reason for Prime was to get products quickly but after subscribing to Prime I came to know that courier guys really don’t have any idea of this product. I am receiving products like before, Amazon fulfilled orders. There is no such quick delivery. evil

Amazon have not at all trained their courier staff regarding Prime. They are simply selling this product on their site, but on ground there is not much difference in terms of delivery. toungueout

Since its a busy season for them with 3-4 so called “Great Indian Festival” sales, they might have hired bunch of lazy guys to do the job, which resulted in fake tracking updates, delayed delivery, which was not expected from Amazon roll

Even though Amazon US funding truck load of money to Amazon India, I see their service going downwards only. I am not sure whats the reason cool

Also prime free shipping does not apply to all products. eek

After series of bad experiences, contacting their support many times, I end up cancelling their Prime, as I was not getting the Prime benefit. Read their terms, you may not get full refund of Prime, you will get only proportional amount roll

The only benefit you can get is, if you buy lot of penny products regularly lol then free shipping comes useful.

Think twice before subscribing to Prime because delivery time is same as before. Why to waste additional 500 for such fake product.

Please share your experience about Prime, whether Amazon providing you full benefits what they are promising?

65 Comments  |  
29 Dimers
Indian quotes
Budding Star
1
41
4470
66

Ordered product at 3 am today and received it at 3 am. Only 12 hours to ship the product home. Quite a service, must say. And yeah, well, I buy a lot of penny products – mostly groceries.

Such fast shipping isn’t common though. Sometimes the product is standard shipped depending on the seller – in 2-4 days. I rarely complain.

But for Rs. 500, I feel Prime is worth it. Plus, as I use Amazon Pantry, the 20 rupees per box is eliminated for prime users and order is delivered within a day.

Willing to bet Amazon has already burned over Rs. 500 worth of petrol on me. And I just got started. wink

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping

Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5

@sidbhai , you might be from some metro city, thats why you have got that quick. I am pretty sure its not the case for all.

Osho
Critic
21
169
13278
214
@sherlock wrote:

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping


+1

Prime is useful only in case one buys a lot of FMCG online. Can save a lot on shipping charges.

Getready
Deal Captain
23
1,113
10508
107
@Magus wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping


+1

Prime is useful only in case one buys a lot of FMCG online. Can save a lot on shipping charges.


And also for same day shipping when there’s a PE toungueout

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Animated india flag image 0007
Deal Subedar
5
189
1993
13
@sherlock wrote:

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping


not true bro I am from delhi , always delay in delivery and too slow delivery by amazon. Even from mumbai to delhi delivery takes 3-4days

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21710
161
@Magus wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping


+1

Prime is useful only in case one buys a lot of FMCG online. Can save a lot on shipping charges.


After seeing this thread, i was about to tag @amazonfanboy toungueout but you already commented biggrin

Giphy
Deal Cadet
1
94
424
7

For the first time in 2 years, I felt amazon screwed up a lot.
Flipkar has improved their service a lot.
My last order on flipkart was on last year’s BBD.
This time sercvice from flipkart has been bang on.
And amazon screwed up.
Amazon used to deliver products within 3 days always. For the last 2 years.
But in the last month alone, I’ve never received the product before 7 days.

D7rgy8yx
Deal Subedar
0
63
1146
12

@MayankG101 Then buddy in your case… I must say, Exceptions are everywhere sad

Osho
Critic
21
169
13278
214
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping


+1

Prime is useful only in case one buys a lot of FMCG online. Can save a lot on shipping charges.


After seeing this thread, i was about to tag @amazonfanboy toungueout but you already commented biggrin


You should check this, then: http://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/t... toungueout

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21710
161
@mjdominates wrote:

For the first time in 2 years, I felt amazon screwed up a lot.
Flipkar has improved their service a lot.
My last order on flipkart was on last year’s BBD.
This time sercvice from flipkart has been bang on.
And amazon screwed up.
Amazon used to deliver products within 3 days always. For the last 2 years.
But in the last month alone, I’ve never received the product before 7 days.


its simple bro, amazon offering high discounts, so huge orders, less delivery boys… flipkart less discount, less orders, less delivery boys… we have to adjust somewhere, if we need gud price toungueout

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
637
@sidbhai wrote:

Ordered product at 3 am today and received it at 3 am. Only 12 hours to ship the product home. Quite a service, must say. And yeah, well, I buy a lot of penny products – mostly groceries.

Such fast shipping isn’t common though. Sometimes the product is standard shipped depending on the seller – in 2-4 days. I rarely complain.

But for Rs. 500, I feel Prime is worth it. Plus, as I use Amazon Pantry, the 20 rupees per box is eliminated for prime users and order is delivered within a day.

Willing to bet Amazon has already burned over Rs. 500 worth of petrol on me. And I just got started. wink


+1

Giphy
Deal Cadet
1
94
424
7
@FeelMyL0Ve wrote:

@mjdominates wrote:

For the first time in 2 years, I felt amazon screwed up a lot.
Flipkar has improved their service a lot.
My last order on flipkart was on last year’s BBD.
This time sercvice from flipkart has been bang on.
And amazon screwed up.
Amazon used to deliver products within 3 days always. For the last 2 years.
But in the last month alone, I’ve never received the product before 7 days.


its simple bro, amazon offering high discounts, so huge orders, less delivery boys… flipkart less discount, less orders, less delivery boys… we have to adjust somewhere, if we need gud price toungueout


Bro, being generous, lets assume both had same no. of orders.
Amazon with higher funding should have expected this and done better.
Also what I find suspicious is their Prime offering timing and these late normal deliveries.

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21710
161
@sidbhai wrote:

Ordered product at 3 am today and received it at 3 PM. Only 12 hours to ship the product home. Quite a service, must say. And yeah, well, I buy a lot of penny products – mostly groceries.

Such fast shipping isn’t common though. Sometimes the product is standard shipped depending on the seller – in 2-4 days. I rarely complain.

But for Rs. 500, I feel Prime is worth it. Plus, as I use Amazon Pantry, the 20 rupees per box is eliminated for prime users and order is delivered within a day.

Willing to bet Amazon has already burned over Rs. 500 worth of petrol on me. And I just got started. wink


corrected toungueout.. bro you do shopping at 3am ? roll

4791456 1403583 batman avatar
Deal Cadet
0
50
170
7
@MayankG101 wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

I think, most of the dimers here are aware of this. In my view, Prime is beneficial for only Cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hydrabad etc, for cities like Lucknow, Chandigarh etc.. they will get the products as before, for these cities.. only benefit is to get the savings of 40/- Rs as shipping


not true bro I am from delhi , always delay in delivery and too slow delivery by amazon. Even from mumbai to delhi delivery takes 3-4days

True that. I got product in Prime late than normal delivery.

Thumbimgcrop 1477366555711
Deal Cadet
0
66
212
3

Prime does not always mean the product will be delivered in a day or two.. as long d delay is not over and beyond the stated period while placing order, i dnt thnk ppl should complain…. bcoz thy were well informed of timelines before placing the order…. !!!! U cant expect evry product under prime to be shipped in a day…..

Fr example…. TC cards ll have next day delivery if ordered before 10am… after 10am it ll be two day delivery and fr the weekend it is usually 4 days delivery… so same product under prime has different delivery dates bases on d time I m ordering….. so wht amazon has to do in such cases whn the seller himself gves the timelines… we cant say amazon is cheating in such cases…

My point is… jus bcoz i paid 500rs doesnt mean i expect millions of products on amazon to be available fr one day delivery… many other factors comes into play fr delivery…

Atlest frm my personal exp… amazon never disappointed me…

20121105 invisible man
Deal Subedar
0
318
2776
181

they do ship out on same day but .

Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5

@invisible007249 : Exactly same thing happening with me, not only one, but for many packages with fake updates, in transit within same city for 5-6 days

We associate such updates with some low class couriers such as Professional but never expect these stuff from Amazon.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
41
@rockstar wrote:

@invisible007249 : Exactly same thing happening with me, not only one, but for many packages with fake updates, in transit within same city for 5-6 days

We associate such updates with some low class couriers such as Professional but never expect these stuff from Amazon.


There is delay I agree, but which one is a fake update?

Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5

@ranjithsai01 Here is fake update. Hubballi and hubli are same city, like bangalore and bengaluru.

They also fake update as out for delivery. Delivery attempted but customer not available.

It sound familiar with many as we associate such updates with other third class couriers, but not Amazon though.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
41
@rockstar wrote:

@ranjithsai01 Here is fake update. Hubballi and hubli are same city, like bangalore and bengaluru.

They also fake update as out for delivery. Delivery attempted but customer not available.

It sound familiar with many as we associate such updates with other third class couriers, but not Amazon though.

https://i.sli.mg/AwfI...pg


I didn’t get the hubbali/hubli part. At least in what invisible has posted there are no fake updates.

But the out for delivery/delivery attempted is the work of local delivery guys who cannot deliver the same day either because they missed your house or they couldn’t make the delivery.

Edit- That Hubbali thing would be the zonal delivery node. Hubli would be your city delivery office. That’s not fake but warehousing zones

Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5

Whatever may be the node, it does not take complete 4 days for item to reach another destination in same state. We are talking about Prime. In other cases, its fine but paid subscription not so fine.

I rather get my Products from US in 4 days to Bangalore.

Thumbimgcrop 1477366555711
Deal Cadet
0
66
212
3
@rockstar wrote:

@ranjithsai01 Here is fake update. Hubballi and hubli are same city, like bangalore and bengaluru.

They also fake update as out for delivery. Delivery attempted but customer not available.

It sound familiar with many as we associate such updates with other third class couriers, but not Amazon though.

Multiple movements in same city is nt fake…. consider bluedart…. usually d first would be airport hub…thn regional hub…thn a local area distribution centre…. since they clearly identify the names… it desnt seem fake… same with amazon too…. a shipment can not directly go to aiport hub frm the seller… it has to go through multiple hubs before proceeding further…..!!! And amazon desnt identify the same with different names….. Cant tag evrythng as fake …

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
41
@rockstar wrote:

Whatever may be the node, it does not take complete 4 days for item to reach another destination in same state. We are talking about Prime. In other cases, its fine but paid subscription not so fine.

I rather get my Products from US in 4 days to Bangalore.


If it was not delivered within the timelines contact CC. We are entitled for compensation because prime is a promise of assured service and defaults should be penalized. There are always exceptions at the warehouse wherein they would have forgotten a package in such regional offices but never are amazon updates fake.They mention the status as is because the system is bulletproof and doesn’t allow any manipulations.

Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5

For me, its hence proved case for fake updates, not sure about others. It happened multiple times with my packages with Amazon since last month.

Thumbimgcrop 1477366555711
Deal Cadet
0
66
212
3
@rockstar wrote:

Whatever may be the node, it does not take complete 4 days for item to reach another destination in same state. We are talking about Prime. In other cases, its fine but paid subscription not so fine.

I rather get my Products from US in 4 days to Bangalore.

Amazon doesnt say shipping will be faster with prime… it only says if faster delivery options are available fr the said product, it ll be free under prime…

Quote

Enjoy unlimited FREE fast delivery
Get unlimited FREE One-Day and Two-Day Delivery on eligible items to over 100 cities. Prime items that are not eligible for free One-Day or Two-Day Delivery to your location, will always qualify for free Standard Delivery with no minimum purchase value. The fastest, free Prime delivery speed available for an item will be shown on the product page….

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
231
392
12

Yeah prime seems to be slow. But should have bought the subscription today as I Looted some pantry products. Would have got them without charges for the boxes.

Rockstar
Deal Newbie
0
54
20
5
@heisnotdifferent196 wrote:

Amazon doesnt say shipping will be faster with prime… it only says if faster delivery options are available fr the said product, it ll be free under prime…

Quote

Enjoy unlimited FREE fast delivery
Get unlimited FREE One-Day and Two-Day Delivery on eligible items to over 100 cities. Prime items that are not eligible for free One-Day or Two-Day Delivery to your location, will always qualify for free Standard Delivery with no minimum purchase value. The fastest, free Prime delivery speed available for an item will be shown on the product page….


Yes, thats what I said in my OP post, if you buy lot of penny products regularly, then Prime has benefit otherwise normal Amazon fulfilled order is good enough because there is no difference in delivery time.

Thumbimgcrop 1477366555711
Deal Cadet
0
66
212
3
@rockstar wrote:


@heisnotdifferent196 wrote:

Amazon doesnt say shipping will be faster with prime… it only says if faster delivery options are available fr the said product, it ll be free under prime…

Quote
Enjoy unlimited FREE fast delivery
Get unlimited FREE One-Day and Two-Day Delivery on eligible items to over 100 cities. Prime items that are not eligible for free One-Day or Two-Day Delivery to your location, will always qualify for free Standard Delivery with no minimum purchase value. The fastest, free Prime delivery speed available for an item will be shown on the product page….


Yes, thats what I said in my OP post, if you buy lot of penny products regularly, then Prime has benefit otherwise normal Amazon fulfilled order is good enough because there is no difference in delivery time.

So i guess we cant blame amazon fr all this bro…. wink no where they were mis selling prime fr faster delivery…. !!! USP of prime is the free shipping…

I understand that we get frustrated whn delivery is delayed… bt u shouldnt hav actually looked prime as yr solution fr faster delivery….. !!!

Hope u ll have pleasant experience ahead… if u r still wid amazon.. wink

Missing