how to connect my xbox 360 wired controller on pc?

124°
Deal Newbie
mereberikebe...

title says it all
got the wired xbox 360 controller from somewhere ; want to connect it to my pc
downloaded the drivers from microsoft site ; the controller is now visible on device manager as well under the name “xbox 360 controller as well” and is recognized by pes 2015 controller setting as well

but it is only recognized ; no input is being taken
koi button kaam nhe kar raha
please help

sirf batti jal rahi green color ki

@DealSeeker @cybertechie @mahidada

11 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Tested if it works on a xbox?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

ek aur aad aadmi, khaas aadmi bann gaya https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

sirf itne sei kaam nahi chalega.
tell your OS at-least.

is it THE MS thing or
sabretooth etcetera ?

if installing new device, one generic thing to do is to let the OS detect the device on its own.
often IRQ conflicts can cause issues too. not 100% related to it, but sometimes it is better to (if not connecting to live web) disable anti virus software and things like that.

and then restart the machine while the thing is connected and hope for the OS to detect it right and ask for drivers.
[obviously i speak of a clean install scenario. if already it was detected or driver loaded then remove all that and restart (after disabling AV, firewall). do so only for the time it takes to install new hardware. not reccomended to connect to live web without active monitoring of the security software.]

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

Will check it tomorrow
BTW I am getting an Xbox 360 500gb from somewhere and pc is dying a slow death(c2d and 2gm Ram only along with the previous generation hd6670 gpu)
I guess I should continue gaming on the Xbox 360 now onwards

The original titles are costly as hell; do you have an idea how xboxs are modded to play pirated games on them

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Tau that controller is originally made to be used with an Xbox and not on Windows
Thodi bahut jugaad karna padegi to make it work
Automatic driver detection doesn’t works

@Spock wrote:

ek aur aad aadmi, khaas aadmi bann gaya https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

sirf itne sei kaam nahi chalega.
tell your OS at-least.

is it THE MS thing or
sabretooth etcetera ?

if installing new device, one generic thing to do is to let the OS detect the device on its own.
often IRQ conflicts can cause issues too. not 100% related to it, but sometimes it is better to (if not connecting to live web) disable anti virus software and things like that.

and then restart the machine while the thing is connected and hope for the OS to detect it right and ask for drivers.
[obviously i speak of a clean install scenario. if already it was detected or driver loaded then remove all that and restart (after disabling AV, firewall). do so only for the time it takes to install new hardware. not reccomended to connect to live web without active monitoring of the security software.]

Generous Generous
Link Copied
@mereberikebermattodo wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

Will check it tomorrow
BTW I am getting an Xbox 360 500gb from somewhere and pc is dying a slow death(c2d and 2gm Ram only along with the previous generation hd6670 gpu)
I guess I should continue gaming on the Xbox 360 now onwards

The original titles are costly as hell; do you have an idea how xboxs are modded to play pirated games on them

You need to get itmodded from people who do it for a fee.. Modding is not easy as android ROM mods because it involves hardware tweaks as well.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Sry double post

Link Copied

@Ranjith +1
need to rule out issue with the controller itself,

@mereberi, i understand all that. hain bhui, humne kabhi Nintendo (wo bhi kiraye par) ke aagey nahi socha okay https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

i repeat the two queries, viz.
1] OS ?
2] these are MS ones or from other names like Saberglow, Aftertooth etcetera

i fail to grasp it when you say, OS is not auto-detecting new connected hardware on booting up → http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/a...

anything else ever installed on that port ? like mobile micro-usb cable or printer or anything?

1] tried changing port. uninstall – restart – reinstall routine , yeah ?

2] if you are on v1.2 for 64 bit, are you going through to microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming

edit: now it is http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
[like for Win7, it is download.microsoft.com/download/6/9/4/69446ACF-E625-4CCF-8F56-58B589934CD3/Xbox360_64Eng.exe 64 bit only]

i am not too good at anything beyond WinXP in so far as MS operating systems go, but still i am almost certain that;
if you start afresh (like; deleted every driver ever added for it, changing to a fresh port, keeping auto scan Windows site feature ON)
you ought to be able to get the OS (if it is MS Windows) to look it up internally and then over Windows Update on-line and get this thing to work. (if it is not broken that is, as @Ranjith suggested to check)

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@mereberikebermattodo

1. Windows key + E

2. Double click and open Local drive (for example C:)

3. Double click and open Program Files

4. Find “Pro Evolution Soccer 2016” folder and open it

5. Find “Settings.exe” C:\Program Files\Pro Evolution Soccer 2016\Settings.exe

6. Go to the controller tab , you’ll see two options: DirectInput(USB) and XInput(Xbox controller)

7. Check under which tab your controller is shown (Your controller is probably DirectInput, so select that)

8. Assign buttons if needed

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I am using Xbox one controller on Windows 10 without any software. My personal suggestion build a budget gaming PC instead of anything else . That’s what I did last year builded i5 4690 and kept my old Hd7750 GPU so that I can upgrade GPU later to keep the cost lower.

Link Copied
@goss8877 wrote: @Please intimate new id as and when and if you make one

seems to be based on some PM or private ping exchanges you had.

did the OP tell you of this particular game.

did he at all finally tell the OS he was using :-/ ( because if my understanding of what @MovieSeeker wrote is correct, then it means that at-least some versions of Windows ought to figure out the drivers on their own).

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@Spock wrote:

@goss8877 wrote: @Please intimate new id as and when and if you make one

seems to be based on some PM or private ping exchanges you had.

did the OP tell you of this particular game.

did he at all finally tell the OS he was using :-/ ( because if my understanding of what @MovieSeeker wrote is correct, then it means that at-least some versions of Windows ought to figure out the drivers on their own).

yep windows 10 has drivers inbuilt

replyuser
Click here to reply