Hot Deal

Paytm account hacked. Rs.2000 transaction unauthorized

747°
Shopping Friend
WhatsYourDeal

Hi,

I had received 2 sms from Paytm claiming that my orders in Foodpanda for an amount totalling to Rs.2000 were successful. I was shocked for i didn’t place those orders.

I tried to contact Paytm customer care immediately but their phone customer care is a joke – it’s simply an FAQ page in IVR. Even when i choose ‘security related issues’, it simply said ‘write to [email protected]’ and hung up. So wrote an email to them.

Meanwhile tried dealing with Foodpanda to see of they could help – the person was initially helpful as he identified that one of the orders were confirmed while the other was a Pre-order and it was in Gwalior City Centre area. However he wouldn’t give further identifiable information nor cancel those orders (not even the Pre-ordered one) since I couldnt identify the person who placed the order with FoodPanda. Understandable, but not helpful anymore.

For now I’ve changed my password of the PayTM wallet.

1. Has anyone faced similar issues with PayTm? Do they really investigate and refund such amount like in the case of a credit card?
2. I’m sure I didn’t receive any OTP for either of those 2 transactions. Is it possible someone can transact over my PayTm account with only be email/phone and password but no OTP? How can I enforce that from now?
3. Any tips from dimers here on if and how i could recover this money?

Thanks.

35 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Ever tried using paytm on foodpanda? You don’t need otp to login to pay, not only foodpanda, nowhere does paytm provide additional security during payments, which sucks so much… so yeah these frauds are getting very common these days…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@rohanmalik90 wrote:

Ever tried using paytm on foodpanda? You don’t need otp to login to pay, not only foodpanda, nowhere does paytm provide additional security during payments, which sucks so much… so yeah these frauds are getting very common these days…

honestly this is the only reason I like using paytm for payments
easy hassle free and fast payments

who likes entering ids , transaction and login passwords , otps etc for payments of rs100-200 ?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Ask the address of delivery from food panda guy and send police there..Gharpe Gus ke pakadwa usse..

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
@Chotta Bheem wrote:

Ask the address of delivery from food panda guy and send police there..Gharpe Gus ke pakadwa usse..

Aap se achha kaun handle kar sakta h ye issue @Chotta Bheem . https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Link Copied
@@rockycool480686@@ wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

Aap se achha kaun handle kar sakta h ye issue @Chotta Bheem . https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Link Copied
@@rockycool480686@@ wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

Aap mujhe waha uda ke le chalo .. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Is it possible someone can transact over my PayTm account with only be email/phone and password but no OTP
Yes !!!

Generous Generous
Link Copied
@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

who likes entering ids , transaction and login passwords , otps etc for payments of rs100-200 ?

Same here…good for multiple accounts

But can be insecure in some cases

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

This totally sucks. At least for the very first attempt to pay using PayTm from a FoodPanda account, it should ask for an OTP VERIFICATION isn’t it?
I just made a Rs.8000 purchase a few days back, for which I received the cashback of 2K+. In just two days this was hacked and gone. Looks like ppl were in fact monitoring my balance.

Link Copied

dont trust on any wallet except oxygen https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
oxygen mei return to ho jata hai,
paytm mei to forgery ke bina kuch hai bhi nhi, developer also support these activities
even they used these developer by making daily different dif ids for making fake positive reviews, so that the bad reviews cant seen at time, if you want to see

Moderator Moderator
Link Copied

Try to remember the last time where you logged in with your paytm account and forgot to logout !!

Link Copied
@Chotta Bheem wrote:

I tried contacting FoodPanda immediately, but they refused to cancel the order (one of which was a pre-order citing that i couldn’t identify the person who placed the order.

One day later, PayTM provided those details though, but I don’t know what i could do with it – possibly fake.

Customer’s name:- sonu fuckeera

E-mail id:-  [email protected]
Contact number:- 75099*****
Delivery add. :- 61 anupam nagar,millinium plaza govindpuri,Gwalior
Restaurant add. :- 41, Manik Vilas Colony, Gwalior 474002.

Link Copied
@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

I tried contacting FoodPanda immediately, but they refused to cancel the order (one of which was a pre-order citing that i couldn’t identify the person who placed the order.

One day later, PayTM provided those details though, but I don’t know what i could do with it – possibly fake.

Try calling the number pretending as SHO https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Link Copied
@no fpd wrote:

Try to remember the last time where you logged in with your paytm account and forgot to logout !!

I did once login with my PayTM account on my friend’s mobile to book tickets in BookMyShow – but i had to do an OTP verification the first time. A week later when he was using BookMyShow, payment was deducted from my account – realising this, I had never logged in anywhere else.

My question is, how could they have placed this order without an OTP unless they had access to my mobile / PC?
Or does this span access to my mobile SMS by SIM spoofing? Then its a bigger problem.

Link Copied
@avgn wrote:

Is it possible someone can transact over my PayTm account with only be email/phone and password but no OTP
Yes !!!

Is there a way i could get PayTm to refund my money? The full excerpt of their reply is:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

We have received reply from the merchant , amount has been consumed by the user as the services has been delivered , refund cannot be done , we are sharing with you the transaction details .as received from the merchant .     

Contact number:- 75099***** (Masked on purpose)
Restaurant add.:- Inderganj chauraha lashkar,474001

To avoid such inconvenience in future, please follow the steps below to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

1. Always keep your password, OTP confidential and never share with anyone.
2. Beware of websites and social media pages that are propagating fake offers.
3. Do not share your login details, transaction IDs or order IDs over unsolicited calls/ emails/ websit..

Link Copied
@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

You can do following if helpful for u

1. Check the No. With True caller and match the location and name with customer detail and email id..If it matches then , it can surely be raided.
2.On matching walk in police station, explain all things and ask what to do..Suggest Him if they can raid there and catch him off guard..
3 If no. Doesn’t match with trueCaller then too go to police and tell them the details and tell it was given via Paytm.. if it’s wrong, then Paytm will be asked to give correct details or else they will be liable and accountable
4.Ask Police to make a letter or on the basis of fir ask Paytm to freeze the specific account and deduct any balance it has and give u for ur loss.

Then do regular follow up and see something turns out..

Try contacting the guy first as Food panda official offering him discount to rebook same order.. If he does u can catch him..

Ask Foodpanda also to freeze the account and give u info of customer on basis of fir
Do practically which is pos

Link Copied
@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

1. Check the No. With True caller and match the location and name with customer detail and email id..If it matches then , it can surely be raided.
2.On matching walk in police station, explain all things and ask what to do..Suggest Him if they can raid there and catch him off guard..
3 If no. Doesn’t match with trueCaller then too go to police and tell them the details and tell it was given via Paytm.. if it’s wrong, then Paytm will be asked to give correct details or else they will be liable and accountable
4.Ask Police to make a letter or on the basis of fir ask Paytm to freeze the specific account and deduct any balance it has and give u for ur loss.

Try contacting the guy first as Food panda official offering him discount to rebook same order.. If he does u can catch him..

Ask Foodpanda also to freeze the account and give u info of customer on basis of fir

PayTm and Police doesn’t mix well Bheem. Any experience dealing with police? I think the answer will be no. Don’t let high hopes of Police intervening such online cases.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

mine also hacked 3 days ago. 900/- rs transection.paytm even not replying my mails.
it’s not safe PayTM .

Link Copied
“@CrazyTroll ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...34 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

PayTm and Police doesn’t mix well Bheem. Any experience dealing with police? I think the answer will be no. Don’t let high hopes of Police intervening such online cases.

Hmm ok. i have no experience but no other way for op..

Otherwise he can call gangster to do the work https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Link Copied
@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

Otherwise he can call gangster to do the work https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Expendables,x men , avengers this guys is enough https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Link Copied
@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Chotta Bheem wrote:

call Paytm about this issue you force Paytm cc to do action he will help you…with this matter.

Moderator Moderator
Link Copied

@siva.webmaster91 send u something in pm check

Edit: I can tell u a way to get access of his foodpanda account. Therefore at least you can cancel the second order of Rs. 690 and get the refund.

Link Copied
@no fpd wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 send u something in pm check

Edit: I can tell u a way to get access of his foodpanda account. Therefore at least you can cancel the second order of Rs. 690 and get the refund.

Thanks bro, even that second order is delivered I believe – it was like he ordered both for delivery at different times in a day.

Link Copied
@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

This totally sucks. At least for the very first attempt to pay using PayTm from a FoodPanda account, it should ask for an OTP VERIFICATION isn’t it?
I just made a Rs.8000 purchase a few days back, for which I received the cashback of 2K+. In just two days this was hacked and gone. Looks like ppl were in fact monitoring my balance.

Happened with my friend once, try connecting you would get a paytm executive to talk to. Sorry on a phone cannot check the exact theread, but search for it there was a similar thread and he was able to resolve it. Will check for it in the evening.
And even I am aware of this monitoring issues. don’t know how but this happens.

Link Copied
@saymyname wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

Happened with my friend once, try connecting you would get a paytm executive to talk to. Sorry on a phone cannot check the exact theread, but search for it there was a similar thread and he was able to resolve it. Will check for it in the evening.
Does PayTM even have a voice customer care?
1. When I call their customer care number, it’s full of pre-recorded IVR content with no option eventually leading to a real person.
2. Despite repeated reminders on this issue over email (no reply at all, as cold as that), FB (they either say they’ll reply in 48hrs, or say we’ve already provided a resolution citing their first reply) but till now none has ever called me back.

I know PayTM does use to have voice customer care, I’ve used it like a year back, but now?

Link Copied
@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

1. When I call their customer care number, it’s full of pre-recorded IVR content with no option eventually leading to a real person.
2. Despite repeated reminders on this issue over email (no reply at all, as cold as that), FB (they either say they’ll reply in 48hrs, or say we’ve already provided a resolution citing their first reply) but till now none has ever called me back.

I know PayTM does use to have voice customer care, I’ve used it like a year back, but now?

I guess now for every customer care you have contact with the agent by pressing 9 or 0, they do not mention it in the IVR you have to press it. This has ben the case with aMost of them

Link Copied
@saymyname wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

I guess now for every customer care you have contact with the agent by pressing 9 or 0, they do not mention it in the IVR you have to press it. This has ben the case with aMost of them
Thanks bro, i did try that but didn’t seem to work here.

They have been very indifferent with this issue. Even after repeated emails asking ‘how did you authorise these payments’ they didn’t respond at all – i quoted the ticket ID to the FB customer care, who keep saying it is resolved already but don’t say anything further.

And their escalation channel is a joke – there’s no way to escalate online, they’ve only given a physical mail address – cunning ways to enforce for a predominantly e-payment company.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@siva.webmaster91 wrote:

@Kill Bill Pandey wrote:

@rohanmalik90 wrote:

Thanks bro, i did try that but didn’t seem to work here.

They have been very indifferent with this issue. Even after repeated emails asking ‘how did you authorise these payments’ they didn’t respond at all – i quoted the ticket ID to the FB customer care, who keep saying it is resolved already but don’t say anything further.

And their escalation channel is a joke – there’s no way to escalate online, they’ve only given a physical mail address – cunning ways to enforce for a predominantly e-payment company.

Thats y i always maintain atleast 2 paytm acc. Always transfer the cashback from one account to another.

replyuser
Click here to reply