Which is the Best Laptop cooling system

Which is the Best Laptop cooling system

Score: 1 Votes: 1
Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279

Guys need one for high performance laptop. Which is the best one n which ones ur using. pls share. tia.

the issue with most cooling pads is that they are basically blowers n most of the hot air from vicinity id again blowed back + more chances of dust accumulation

  • In
30 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Avatar29868 1
Deal Cadet
0
51
188
13

I am also looking for same. @rajrocks let me know if you find any good one

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
BaMbU wrote:

I am also looking for same. @rajrocks let me know if you find any good one

still searching bro in the meanwhile im https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/243/medium/best-laptop-cooler-570x330.jpg?1479888634

Guys, pls suggest. tia.

@getready @Stupendous Man @cybertechie @Dr Anshuman @FeelMyL0Ve
@saymyname
@MovieSeeker
@hese
@xuseronline
@vijkap201
@myliferockkss
@G33kBoyRavi
@PaytmKaPoojari

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
336
4362
52
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

still searching bro in the meanwhile im https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/257055/medium/3707257best-laptop-cooler-570x330.jpg?1480958010

Guys, pls suggest. tia.

@getready @Stupendous Man @cybertechie @Dr Anshuman @FeelMyL0Ve
@saymyname
@MovieSeeker
@hese
@xuseronline
@vijkap201
@myliferockkss
@G33kBoyRavi
@PaytmKaPoojari

Bro. I hv limited experience with these which had cooling effect on lappys as next to none. Had to eventually open up to apply heatsink paste… https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Bro. I hv limited experience with these which had cooling effect on lappys as next to none. Had to eventually open up to apply heatsink paste… https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

thats y get one https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Blackberry logo2
Deal Subedar
0
75
1266
37

Normal cooling pads arent that effective just reduce3-5c,Get the one with coolermaster brand which can reduce 10-15 celcius,
All those powered by Laptop’S USB are useless.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
572
6
runjesh wrote:

Normal cooling pads arent that effective just reduce3-5c,Get the one with coolermaster brand which can reduce 10-15 celcius,
All those powered by Laptop’S USB are useless.

True. I had purchased an unbranded cooling pad. It reduced temps by ~5C. But it was the elevation that did the trick. I used to run it unplugged as the fans did zilch other than creating noise. I borrowed an expensive Belkin product from my friend. It reduced temps by a further 5-7C but nowhere near enough. So in the end I just directed a Table fan towards the laptop whenever I had to run any intensive workload. And it worked like a charm and I even removed the cooling pad entirely. Ofc it helped a lot that the ambient temps are quite moderate. Am sure the running temps will be even lower once the exhaust vents, fan etc are cleaned which they have not in years. By now the thermal paste also must have been worn out.

Thumbimgcrop 1453457162537
Deal Captain
33
1,047
14047
156
@rajrocks wrote:

thats y get one https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Any new feature added? Nobody tagging still getting tagged https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
BatraJi wrote:

Any new feature added? Nobody tagging still getting tagged https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

no idea bro

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
runjesh wrote:

Normal cooling pads arent that effective just reduce3-5c,Get the one with coolermaster brand which can reduce 10-15 celcius,
All those powered by Laptop’S USB are useless.

exactly bro. any suggestions bro?

Thumbimgcrop 1453457162537
Deal Captain
33
1,047
14047
156
@rajrocks wrote:

no idea bro

You not tagged me still receiving notification https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Expand
abcwevr762 wrote:

True. I had purchased an unbranded cooling pad. It reduced temps by ~5C. But it was the elevation that did the trick. I used to run it unplugged as the fans did zilch other than creating noise. I borrowed an expensive Belkin product from my friend. It reduced temps by a further 5-7C but nowhere near enough. So in the end I just directed a Table fan towards the laptop whenever I had to run any intensive workload. And it worked like a charm and I even removed the cooling pad entirely. Ofc it helped a lot that the ambient temps are quite moderate. Am sure the running temps will be even lower once the exhaust vents, fan etc are cleaned which they have not in years. By now the thermal paste also must have been worn out.

true that bro. but ur solution is not feasible for everyone https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
572
6
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

true that bro. but ur solution is not feasible for everyone https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Could you post the laptop specs in detail? Like whether its 15.6"/12", CPU and GPU model. It might be possible to undervolt it(without any impact on perf).

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Expand
abcwevr762 wrote:

Could you post the laptop specs in detail? Like whether its 15.6"/12", CPU and GPU model. It might be possible to undervolt it(without any impact on perf).

thx bro
15.6"
i7
intel hd graphics 4000
8gb
1tb

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
572
6
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

thx bro
15.6"
i7
intel hd graphics 4000
8gb
1tb

What? No dedicated GPU and you still have problems with temps! Seems like a poorly designed laptop to me or in need of spring cleaning/application of thermal paste. BTW which Generation of Intel Core processor is it? And the detailed model name please. Like Core i7 4700HQ. Only some can be undervolted.

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Expand
abcwevr762 wrote:

What? No dedicated GPU and you still have problems with temps! Seems like a poorly designed laptop to me or in need of spring cleaning/application of thermal paste. BTW which Generation of Intel Core processor is it? And the detailed model name please. Like Core i7 4700HQ. Only some can be undervolted.

Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
572
6
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

I was hoping for a more recent vintage. IIRC only the 4th gen. parts and onwards could be undervolted. It should still be possible to underclock. Throttlestop and Intel Xtreme Tuning utility can do the needful. Not just the CPU but also the iGPU. Or manipulate the TDP… Also Notebookreview forums is an excellent resource. Post a screenshot of Throttlestop. Also does your system gets unduly hot even while running mundane tasks or only in the extreme workloads.
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Expand
abcwevr762 wrote:

I was hoping for a more recent vintage. IIRC only the 4th gen. parts and onwards could be undervolted. It should still be possible to underclock. Throttlestop and Intel Xtreme Tuning utility can do the needful. Not just the CPU but also the iGPU. Or manipulate the TDP… Also Notebookreview forums is an excellent resource. Post a screenshot of Throttlestop. Also does your system gets unduly hot even while running mundane tasks or only in the extreme workloads.
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/

yes bro, if work load is extreme then its hot but normal workloads its cool only. by the way its dell got it from usa. the processor was newly launched in 2012 3rd quarter when i got in the same.

Blackberry logo2
Deal Subedar
0
75
1266
37
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

yes bro, if work load is extreme then its hot but normal workloads its cool only. by the way its dell got it from usa. the processor was newly launched in 2012 3rd quarter when i got in the same.

The above mentioned one will do the job as its just processor not with heavy gpu,also try to keep the room temperature low,Shouldnt be a problem in winters as it will do the job of heater for you.

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
305
1690
18
@rajrocks wrote:

thx bro
15.6"
i7
intel hd graphics 4000
8gb
1tb

https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
305
1690
18
@rajrocks wrote:

thx bro
15.6"
i7
intel hd graphics 4000
8gb
1tb

Cost??

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
305
1690
18

Use Hitachi AC to cool ur laptop it’s best in cooling segment https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Lala wrote:

Cost??

36k https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
305
1690
18
@rajrocks wrote:

36k https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif ….

I m getting heart attack…..

Thumbimgcrop 1456928246281
Deal Lieutenant
5
568
6240
34
@Lala wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

36k https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif ….

I m getting heart attack…..

Jaise Shahrukh bolta hai…Bda Socho Bda karo

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Lala wrote:
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif ….

I m getting heart attack…..
https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
305
1690
18
@Amit Goyal wrote:

@Lala wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

36k https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif ….

I m getting heart attack…..

Jaise Shahrukh bolta hai…Bda Socho Bda karo
Bhai 36k mai kaun SE company ka laptop i7 deta h…..🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔🤔🤔

Kabali
Deal Colonel
445
23,480
33806
279
Lala wrote:

Bhai 36k mai kaun SE company ka laptop i7 deta h…..🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤔🤔🤔🤔

dell

Missing