Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Hot Deal
[ Cheapest Ever ] HUL 14 Ltr Pureit Classic Gravity Water Purifier Rs.927 at Pepperfry

[ Cheapest Ever ] HUL 14 Ltr Pureit Classic Gravity Water Purifier Rs.927 at Pepperfry

860°
42% OFF 1690.0
Deal Hunter
cosmos

*Apply Coupon : WKD25AY (May be A/C Specific) Or Coupon : (PEPDIMEP150) https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online...

On payment select wallet Paytm & Get PayTM 20% Cashback(Max Rs 300)

http://www.pepperfry.com/pure-it-compact-water-...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/277629/medium/3361994pureit-classic-14l-water-purifier-pureit-classic-14l-water-purifier-zifkip.jpg?1480969330

6 Months Warranty
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), USA certified
Storage purifier recommended for small families
No gas/electricity required
Clear, odourless, safe, great tasting water
No AMC Required
24*7 Service Availability

COMPARE
Rs. 1600 @ www.amazon.in/HUL-Pureit-Classic-14-Litre-Purif...
Rs. 1600 @ www.askmebazaar.com/buy/pureit-classic-14-l-mul...

Expired

Deal Wiki

51 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I once sold these for RS 5-750 a piece
Had around 2-3 dozens
Cc @Spock

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@wakhraa swag wrote:

Had around 2-3 dozens
Cc @Spock

Are you seller ? or re-seller for online items ? Does your product also had 2 extra filters for each unit ?

EDIT: Seems like you are suspended.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
@hogbus wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

Got it from a local store.

I see. What is the price you paid if you dont mind ? Did he say that two filters are their offer or it comes with every unit default ?

Thanks

I had purchased it for 1200rs at local store. He just gave us 2 filters along with it. Don’t know whether it was part of the unit or extra filter was an offer. We never asked him.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

There are no extra filters. Installed this in my home town.

It has a carbon trap used in the top container, a germkill kit in the middle (outside part) plus another gravity based carbon trap in the bottom container. The middle container is where the water comes out after filtering through the bottom container’s carbon trap.

Pros:
1) Cheap
2) completely dismantle-able and washable.
3) carbon trap can be cleaned through a pipe (procedure given)
4) ideal for clean potable water areas requiring only sediment filtration and some bacteria which are taken care by germkill kit.
5) Good quality plastic used.

Cons:
1) Actual water capacity is around 5-7 liters (the middle compartment is the only usable area). After the middle compartment gets filled, if the top compartment has water in it, the middle part overflows and water starts leaking from all sides. No auto cut off of water after filtration.
2) Frequency of filter change is more. Only 1200 liters of life of filters. (not sure)
3) Filter kit cost around 450-500 Rs. (i feel its fair/ just listing because of frequent need to change)

I’d still suggest this as a cheap yet sturdy purifer but only useful in areas (small towns) where water hasn’t contaminated that high as to require an RO filter.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Altruist wrote:

It has a carbon trap used in the top container, a germkill kit in the middle (outside part) plus another gravity based carbon trap in the bottom container. The middle container is where the water comes out after filtering through the bottom container’s carbon trap.

Pros:
1) Cheap
4) ideal for clean potable water areas requiring only sediment filtration and some bacteria which are taken care by germkill kit.

Cons:
1) Actual water capacity is around 5-7 liters (the middle compartment is the only usable area). After the middle compartment gets filled, if the top compartment has water in it, the middle part overflows and water starts leaking from all sides. No auto cut off of water after filtration.
2) Frequency of filter change is more. Only 1200 liters of life of filters. (not sure)
3) Filter kit cost around 450-500 Rs. (i feel its fair/ just listing because of frequent need to change)

I’d still suggest this as a cheap yet sturdy purifer but only useful in areas (small towns) where water hasn’t contaminated that high as to require an RO filter.

Thanks for the review. Did you buy it from pepperfry ? If not, where did you buy if you dont mind ? I’m looking to use this in my home town and its a small village. Do you think it be ok to purify ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@gambitrite wrote:

@hogbus wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

I see. What is the price you paid if you dont mind ? Did he say that two filters are their offer or it comes with every unit default ?

Thanks

I had purchased it for 1200rs at local store. He just gave us 2 filters along with it. Don’t know whether it was part of the unit or extra filter was an offer. We never asked him.

Thats a nice deal as each filter alone costs around 500. Thanks for providing info.

Link Copied
@hogbus wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

@hogbus wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

Thanks

Thats a nice deal as each filter alone costs around 500. Thanks for providing info.

Check here for the Germkill kit prices for different filters in the official site,

https://www.pureitwater.com/IN/ord...kk

Link Copied
@Altruist wrote:

Pros:
1) Cheap

Cons:

nicely reviewed Sir.
further to desidime.com/users/6605/reputation_log:
does it have 6 month contractual support from the brand or 1 year ? [ some portals mention one year http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00I...PS ]

so basically all these are the same old candle filters that we are seeing from pre-historic times, with the additional razzmatazz being the ionised silver particles that are supposed to inhibit the bacteria from multiplying every-time it comes in contact.

The points like:
1] the actual holding compartment being lesser that the misleading model name designed to rig the understanding
is clearly mentioned on some portals like Amazon
2] so also the point that these candle based filters which work due to gravity do not usually have a way to ‘regulate’ the flow and that manual intervention and checks are needed to ensure that the clean water holding area is NOT full.

so what you say IS true and a helpful feedback (for those considering it)

@Altruist is this the same stupidity product/kind of product for which this brand did the ridiculous/ stupid campaign of ‘hamara so and so ek karod virus bacteria maar deta hai’ or something like that? and they had the fakish 10 Million INR ‘prize’ for anyone to prove any other product in the category with all such certifications ?
am i mistaking HUL to Tata Swach https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

@hogbus wrote:
@wakhraa swag wrote:
Had around 2-3 dozens http://archive.is...Pc
Cc @Spock
Are you seller ? or re-seller for online items ?
same query !
@wakhraa swag knowing that you do not usually do an unfavourable deal and actually ensure that it goes into good profits for you

be kind and teach us the metrics of the ‘how to’ and ‘where to’ of still being happy by selling them at a lower level than the average competition !!
assuming that by “RS 5-750” you meant that you sold them in 5xx to 750INR range. it still is less even if this price point existed 12-18 months back.
are the prices of the product revised by the brand ?

if not, then what is your new id please and how keep smiling with coins jingling in the wallet after selling this cheap ?

Thank you for your time

partly relevant:
was considering ordering http://www.amazon.in/dp/B008...CK for someone today as it showed up in time barred offer at 2500. but then the restrictions as mentioned by @Altruist and others and the fact that in around two years it did not even have even a statistically noteworthy number of reviews made me drop the idea. not even 60-70 reviews.

Product is basically relying on membrane or candle filtration, which would either need cleaning or frequent replacement. and in this era of quick growth/numbers; only customised designs ,company provided spares will have to be bought and low hope of after-market (local) spares.

i thought this http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/14... silver nano fad got suppressed or died a few years back, when everything from washing machine drums to refrigerators or vacuum cleaners or air cons.started tom-tomming about silver nano ‘technology’ !
Link Copied

www.google.com/search?q=ISBN+9789241509947
www.google.com/search?q=9789241509947
W.H.O. Guidelines for drinking-water quality, 4th edition

@hogbus wrote: I’m looking to use this in my home town and its a small village. Do you think it be ok to purify ?
you seem to subconsciously associate small village versus big village (metros) with quality of potable water.

since you are consciously researching for and in the market to buy a purification system for self use, we hope that you know or have studied how each one works ??

do understand that whether it is a city (where sometimes even sewage discharge finds its way into municipal water lines that burst or are broken into)
or it be a ‘small village’ ..the water can have various dissolved elements in them or even effluents.

these candle/ simple membrane based systems can not safely remove any dissolved impurities or effluents,
and neither do they usually claim that they do.

If your input/supply water is sub-soil water then its quality will determine if some basic processes (like boiling for N minutes or filtration) can make it potable or not.
So do check the salinity of the source water. checking for magnesium, calcium, ammonia, silica, iron or nitrates or heavy metals is not easy for lay person to do, so for the moment let it be.

If sub-soil water is heavily contaminated with chemicals (say farm fertilizer residue or pesticides residue) or has some other effluents,
then forget about these simple devices, even the UV plus ionised carbon plus candle type systems will be of little help.

If the sub-soil water tests relatively free of artificial contaminants and salinity, then you may cautiously risk with non electricity powered basic filtration systems. [if there is brackish water, use alum to remove particles and then boil or purify it through these products as per need.]

I’d still stress upon checking how deep the Groundwater Table is. [W.H.O. recommends drawing water from at-least a couple of hundred feet below the ground, but all of us start watching the depth of our pockets and the depth till where the drill bits have gone of the guy who charges for it and usually call it a day at 30-40 feet]

Hope some of these links and information help you in your objective.

have a look at some of the more relevant and important information of the revised study/guidelines, if you wish to.
Caution: over 5MB file unicef.org/cholera/Chapter_4_prevention/01_WHO_Guidelines_for_drinking_water_quality.pdf
Caution: over 5MB file who.int/water_sanitation_health/resourcesquality/watqualassess.pdf

Salinity a brief explanation http://www.salinitymanagement.org/Salinity%20Ma...
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
"@hogbus":http://www.desidime.com/users/7082 wrote:

Thanks for the review. Did you buy it from pepperfry ? If not, where did you buy if you dont mind ? I’m looking to use this in my home town and its a small village. Do you think it be ok to purify ?

I bought it long ago from snapdeal at 1299/-. So, this deal is very good.

If you think your town is far away from industries etc and gets good potable water then go for it. It gives you crystal clear water. It may even reduce the TDS of water but don’t know to what extent. It is quite popular in tier 2/3 cities.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@Spock wrote:

www.google.com/search?q=ISBN+9789241509947
www.google.com/search?q=9789241509947
W.H.O. Guidelines for drinking-water quality, 4th edition

@hogbus wrote: I’m looking to use this in my home town and its a small village. Do you think it be ok to purify ?
you seem to subconsciously associate small village versus big village (metros) with quality of potable water.

since you are consciously researching for and in the market to buy a purification system for self use, we hope that you know or have studied how each one works ??

do understand that whether it is a city (where sometimes even sewage discharge finds its way into municipal water lines that burst or are broken into)
or it be a ‘small village’ ..the water can have various dissolved elements in them or even effluents.

these candle/ simple membrane based systems can not safely remove any dissolved impurities or effluents,
and neither do they usually claim that they do.

If your input/supply water is sub-soil water then its quality will determine if some basic processes (like boiling for N minutes or filtration) can make it potable or not.
So do check the salinity of the source water. checking for magnesium, calcium, ammonia, silica, iron or nitrates or heavy metals is not easy for lay person to do, so for the moment let it be.

If sub-soil water is heavily contaminated with chemicals (say farm fertilizer residue or pesticides residue) or has some other effluents,
then forget about these simple devices, even the UV plus ionised carbon plus candle type systems will be of little help.

If the sub-soil water tests relatively free of artificial contaminants and salinity, then you may cautiously risk with non electricity powered basic filtration systems. [if there is brackish water, use alum to remove particles and then boil or purify it through these products as per need.]

I’d still stress upon checking how deep the Groundwater Table is. [W.H.O. recommends drawing water from at-least a couple of hundred feet below the ground, but all of us start watching the depth of our pockets and the depth till where the drill bits have gone of the guy who charges for it and usually call it a day at 30-40 feet]

Hope some of these links and information help you in your objective.

have a look at some of the more relevant and important information of the revised study/guidelines, if you wish to.
Caution: over 5MB file unicef.org/cholera/Chapter_4_prevention/01_WHO_Guidelines_for_drinking_water_quality.pdf
Caution: over 5MB file who.int/water_sanitation_health/resourcesquality/watqualassess.pdf

Salinity a brief explanation http://www.salinitymanagement.org/Salinity%20Ma...

Thanks for the explanation. Do you have any idea about purifying bore water ? what kind of purifier we need for good results ?

Thanks

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
"@Altruist":http://www.desidime.com/users/6605 wrote:

I bought it long ago from snapdeal at 1299/-. So, this deal is very good.

If you think your town is far away from industries etc and gets good potable water then go for it. It gives you crystal clear water. It may even reduce the TDS of water but don’t know to what extent. It is quite popular in tier 2/3 cities.

@spock, it was Pureit challenge campaign… 1 crore bacteria https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

removed.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…
There are so much negative reviews on amazon for this product. should i buy it or not?

And is there auto filling of water or we have to fill water everytime??

@Navneet bro….your suggestion will also help.

Did you buy? looking for one asap.

Link Copied
@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…
There are so much negative reviews on amazon for this product. should i buy it or not?

No bro…
I was looking for one which has auto filling option…. so i didn’t bought that.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

i hd another problem
after some months water leaked from body, i called hul cc , they came but not got any solution
so it is at the one corner of my home and i m using RO now
filers hs two capacity one with 1500 litre and aother with 3000 litre after passed capacity water filter stopped working

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…

No bro…

actually need it for a friend in mumbai… might buy today from snapdeal.
i’m fine with manual filling … might buy hul pureit for 1450.

Link Copied
@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…

No bro…

it was costing me around 850 after applying first user coupon for pepperfry https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Not so useful as like ro , i think so
???

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…

No bro…

it was costing me around 850 after applying first user coupon for pepperfry https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Is that offer still there… Let me know https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Link Copied
@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…

No bro…

Is that offer still there… Let me know https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
don’t know….i am caught in damm 3G connection of Idea…it is not working like G network https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

so you have to try with a new id on pepperfry….sry bro

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@hese wrote:

@Amit Goyal wrote:

@gambitrite wrote:

VU. & S….

Needs some advice…

No bro…

don’t know….i am caught in damm 3G connection of Idea…it is not working like G network https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

so you have to try with a new id on pepperfry….sry bro

Cool, will try it. Will have to Buy Water Purifier …. now need 2 filters..lol https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

replyuser
Click here to reply