If you were to write yourself a check today, to cash in five years from now (that's 2021!), how much would it be for?

203°
Shopping Friend
Alpha.Barood

A story of what’s possible – In 1990 Jim Carrey, a broke, unknown 28-year-old comic in LA, decided to write a check to himself: For $10 million.

“I wrote myself a check for $10 million for ‘acting services rendered’, gave myself five years and dated it Thanksgiving 1995. I put it in my wallet and it deteriorated, and deteriorated.”

Jim went from year to year, check in pocket, striving to make the money he had committed to pay himself, without luck.

Then, in year 4 of the five years, at 32 years old, Jim landed his first major role in ‘Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, followed by ‘the Mask’ and ‘Dumb and Dumber’.

Jim remembers, “Just before Thanksgiving 1995 I found out I was going to make $10 million on ‘Dumb and Dumber’”

To understand what an amazing story this is, rewind to Jim’s early years.

When Jim was 12, his dad lost his accounting job and with it, their house: “My father lost his job when he was 51 and that was the real “wow”, the kick in the guts. We lived in a van for a while, and we worked all together as security guards and janitors.”

Jim had to work eight hours a day in a factory after school and went from being a “’straight-A student to not wanting to know anybody’s name, and not wanting to make a friend.’”

The poverty lasted for years, and added to Jim’s long-held fear of losing the one thing he cared most about, his family: “My parents were heavy smokers. I remember locking myself in the bathroom and crying because I thought they were going to die. They banged on the door, telling me to come out.”

“I remember being seven years old and my mother at the dinner table saying things like “My brain is deteriorating at an incredible rate!” or “My angina’s acting up; I could go at any time!” Things like that would just shake me to the core.”

Jim compensated for the dark times with humour. Asked why he wanted to be funny, he said, ”Depression. I had a sick mom. I wanted to make her feel better."

At 15, he got his first gig, at the Toronto’s Yuk Yuk’s club. His dad drove him there, and he wore a yellow suit his mother made. Jim’s debut bombed. But his father kept encouraging him, so Jim dropped out of school at 16, and mofved to Hollywood to seek his big break at 19.

It was a decade later that, still struggling, Jim wrote himself the check. After four years with the check in his pocket, Jim’s dad passed away in 1994. Jim slipped the check in his wallet into his dad’s casket at the funeral, to thank him for believing in Jim’s dream.

It was just a year after that, that Jim achieved his $10 million success. Since then, his movies have gone on to gross over a billion dollars.

Whatever struggles you have had in the past, what commitment do you make to your future?

If you were to write yourself a check today, to cash in five years from now (that’s 2021!), how much would it be for?

What do you commit your life to be like, in quality as much as quantity?

And what impact will you be having in the world?

“Things are only impossible until they are not.” ~ Jean-Luc Picard

Once you’ve got your vision clear, go take action!

Because, as Jim says, “You can’t just visualize and then, you know, go eat a sandwich.”

41 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Deep https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

2 Crore 21 Lakh

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
@plz wrote:

2 Crore 21 Lakh

Ji No! Cheque will expire in 6 months.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@Plato wrote:

@plz wrote:

2 Crore 21 Lakh

Aage ki date ka to likh sakte h na
anyway cheque expire in 3 months afaIk

Link Copied
@Plato wrote:

@plz wrote:

2 Crore 21 Lakh

it will be dated for 2021,
so it wont until n unless rbi changes guidelines for cheque

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
@ashu45 wrote:

@Plato wrote:

@plz wrote:

2 Crore 21 Lakh

when nothing goes right take left?

Link Copied
@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

@ashu45 wrote:

@Plato wrote:

@plz wrote:

2 Crore 21 Lakh

when nothing goes right take left?

means nothing to worry if road is blocked,keep searching other way around until u find one https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
(just my thought)
whats your interpretation sir?

Link Copied

ऐसे जियो के अपने आप को पसंद आ जाओ…

दुनिया वालो की पसंद तो पल भर में बदल जाती है…

@ashu45

Yes, its a little satire
Nothing goes right , every thing falling wrong ?
What to do ?
Rectify or perish !/
Hence, search new ways to be alive , relevant and energetic.

Link Copied

What are thinking and understanding?

Suppose after great thought you have understood completely something. Now, what have you actually done when you were thinking? What actually happened within you when you felt that you have understood? Personally when I think that I am thinking about a problem, what I do is just mention the problem within myself, even analyse it and then wait from inside my brain for the solution to strike. Different solutions may strike but ultimately I select one. Does the final selection happen at the conscious level or at the sub-conscious level?
When you can see everything, then you cannot see your head. You find atoms, particles, energies entering and leaving that head and the head will be really undefinable and without any clear shape. When you can see everything, you see the micro processes of the invisible spectrum and you cannot see yourself, including your head as you see it now. Is that thinking happening in the head or in the activity of particles, energy waves, atoms etc surrounding, entering and leaving your head? Same question relating to understanding also. Is it nature or your head that is doing the thinking and understanding? All the borders separating your head from the rest of nature are only the Maya or trick of the visible spectrum only. If you can see everything you cannot find your head or yourself. You are part of the gigantic met morphing Universe.
Still how does actually the understanding happen? If someone begins telling you about life on the Moon, you cannot understand at all because you just do not have any connectable experience or concept base. You need some concept to connect to, to understand. When you see the gigantic Micro-cosm in operation, there must be some idea generation also happening, in which you are participating. There must be a place for consciousness and thoughts in that gigantic living Universe, concept formations.
The problem is how to locate you, when you can see everything,—- the Microcosm and the Macrocosm as the ever met morphing processes? You, yourself, get subsumed as a process, may be, as a Holon, in the gigantic Holon—the Universe, the dynamic and ever changing universe. Without thoughts, thinking, understanding, observing…we are dead. But we need things to observe and think about them, the ‘them’, being separated from the gigantic Holarchy the met morphing Universe. The met morphosis is all pervading including the subject matter and also you the observer. Observation itself is participation in the met morphing Universe. The observer-observed, inseparability is the central puzzle in Quantum Physics. What is more striking in Quantum Physics is,that everything is actually in a wave or super positional state and that it is conscious notice, that converts the particles in the wave state into particles, or micro matter. Materiality is the result of conscious notice according to Quantum Physics. You cannot measure your thoughts in terms of length, breadth and height. But your own thoughts are creating the particles leading to the three dimensional attributes. THINKING AND OBSERVING APPEAR TO CREATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF BRINGING INTO EXISTENCE THREE DIMENSIONAL MATTER.
YM

Link Copied

Procrastination and Fear

You postpone the simplest and most casual work repeatedly. Keep it pending though you can do it instantly. You just do not do it, though you remember it. Gradually that simple task will create fear in you. Then it becomes automatic terror. You shiver to take up that work. You get disabled from doing that work as it becomes the fear trigger. The only method of freeing oneself from that terror is to do that work and if possible repeatedly. Fear and procrastination are very closely related. Pending work gradually creates terror and it disables one from doing that work. Then the fear pervades to every task.Cowardice takes over.

On the other hand take up the most impossible work. You may not succeed but you still attempt it. Then you develop the habit of daring. You develop the basic mentality of courage, straightforward talk, of leadership. Most important of all, you do not yearn or beg for recognition from others. You become self sufficient, you depend on your own certificate. You develop the habit of self respect. Procrastination on the other hand creates the opposite of self respect—-the self contempt.

When there is lot of pending and piled up work, the most important thing to do is to first list out all the things that are kept pending. Then following a strategy start completing each task.Strangely, the pending work dwindles rapidly. Because you get new ideas that help you complete the tasks quickly and easily. There is some sort of butterfly effect there. The fact is when you complete a task the related pending tasks get automatically solved. But you need to believe that the work is needed and useful. Thieves also work, take risks but fear stalks every second of their lives. Dishonesty and cowardice go together.

Now suppose you take up a task in which you believe in. One of the strangest facts of life is, there are always obstacles mainly in the shape of people that try to hinder you. The methods adopted by these people, mainly cowards, mainly consist of changing the topic into some other topic and then attack you, or scandalize you or just attack you on personal grounds, say that your educational qualification is fake, though it just does not really matter. People who take missions automatically have to fight the devious people, who often employ every trick to make you fail.

When you take up a mission tenaciously, automatically all sorts of labeling you with dissuading words, that you are parroting, that it is your pet topic, or just divert it into some contest in the scholarship of an unrelated subject….,the object often is ulterior.
There is only one method of achieving a mission—carry on, do whatever is possible, never seek certificates or praise, in fact fame and shame are closely related cousins.

Link Copied

If your cup is full, you can’t pour water in it. That’s one of the governing principles of all time.

It’s impossible to turn the tide of your life and to rewrite your history if you act depending on unsorted issues from your past.

Your life puzzle will continue to form same picture if you continue to use the same elements. It doesn’t matter how many times you try to mix them differently.

Use a reset to start a mindful formation of yourself and your new path.

Don’t achieve this by searching for new goals, declaring how you see yourself in five years, or by analyzing your mission and purpose. This whole process will be stuck in your old beliefs, which are the ones that take away a whole lot of your energy.

You should start by decluttering your life, both physically and mentally.

Uncontrolled hoarding leads to two things:

Endless repetition of your past. Your life starts to be filled with déjà vu.
Deceleration of life speed. It’s when you look at those who are able to do three times as much as you do and can’t wrap your mind around the fact how they manage that. Success in life and self-actualization in all spears of life is only possible at full speed.
It makes sense to tidy up your life in three dimensions: past, present, and (don’t be surprised) future. Pardon my French, but yes, there is already a pile of shit dumped on your future, and that’s something you need to clean as well.

Start with the present. It’s the most objective. It’s here and now. A full-scale purge of the current moment will vitalize and energize you. Believe me, those are the sensations you will undoubtedly need again.

2do2go

The main thing is to get rid of all the hanging questions from your to do list.

I’d like to mention that I don’t suggest you polish your present all at once like some Cinderella (well, sure it would be useful!) — At first, you need to sort out the mess and bring «unsolved cases» to a close, even if you have to reset them. You have to take out the tasks from a waiting-list and bring them into operation if they have been there for more than a couple of weeks. This will truly invigorate you.

Here are the things to do this weekend to get a good start at re-vamping your life:

1.Throw away trash

Get rid of all the trash. Discard it, give it away, or take it to a foster house. Never use the «I’ll put it in this box and maybe someday take it to a church». Actually take it away. Don’t leave anything on a waiting-list.

So, what is junk?

It’s everything you don’t use. Here’s the deal: everything you haven’t used throughout the year (that’s pretty lawful) you have to give away, sell or discard, including:

— Clothes you don’t wear.
— Most of the souvenirs apart from those that actually make your house a home (in fact, it’s usually a minority of what you own).
— Inutile or outmoded dishes and consumer electronics.

The more you get hold of, the better it is for you. You should understand that literally every small thing is a fraction of your energy. Take a practical view of the situation and bring only delightful things that you can make use of into your new life. When you approach your belongings, ask yourself: «Do I want to keep this energy, or should I let new energy take its place?»

If your cup is full, you can’t pour water in it.

You are the one emptying your cup. You can pour in as much as you pour out. If you are greedy, don’t be surprised when there’s no room for big change.

All in all, a full-scale cleaning is a game called «To what extent am I ready to let new experience into my life?»

The more you throw away, the more ready you are. By the way, this case applies to all the spaces you own, including your office, your summer house, your car, and even your private jet (if you have one). Surprise your colleagues — tidy your desk for real, start a genuine cleaning process!

2. Delete files

​Taking out the trash is just the thick end of the stick. That’s time to delete files! How much time do you spend online in front of your computer? This is your space as well, even if it’s virtual. It’s also a share of your energy.

We are used to storing everything on our computers. Why delete any of it? The hard drive will fit everything.

The same principle applies here: cleaning is a way to let energy loose. Leave only the files you like and value. Why would you keep a film that you didn’t enjoy? Why do you save those old useless files? It’s a part of you. Do you want to take it with you, even though it’s obvious that the more weight you are caring, the slower you go? Or, do you want to make place for something new?

Your work computer needs the after action review as much as your personal PC. Don’t forget to do the same with your social media accounts, blogs, and websites.

3. Organize your things

I never was a fan of immaculacy, so I even took time to build creative chaos, sheltering myself behind my propensity for art.
Here is what I’ve got to say now: balanced order (not frantic, but organized) guarantees that your affairs will go smoothly, especially if it’s time to speed things up. You won’t be able to switch your speed if chaos prevails on your working desk and in your apartment.

4. Filter incoming information

A flow of incoming information also needs order and tidying-up. It’s food for thought and something your brain functioning depends on. That’s the only way to put it. Have you heard of information intoxication? That’s a common condition many people suffer from nowadays. They read whatever they find on the net and constantly share quotes of great men, by which a true whisper of their souls is silenced.

Information tends to accumulate; it doesn’t go anywhere from the subconscious, that’s why we should meticulously filter information. We should let in only what’s valuable and start implementing it at once, which will allow it to educate us. Otherwise it’ll clutter our channels and create powerful infoglut. This’ll cause you to make mistakes on your way, because you won’t be able to hear the true whisper of your soul.

That’s why I recommend you to do these things today:

Give your friend list a clean.
Delete all friends whose updates are not sympathetic and inspiring.
Clean your news feed
Delete or hide those people whose updates get on your nerves, and especially those who post adverse information on world events.
Nail down a list of blogs and websites you are planning to read
My main principle for determining significance of an information source is a feeling of it striking a deep chord in my heart. That’s when you read something and you can sense inner feedback, a recognizable feeling of awareness, and an appetite for action.

In no way should you use «I received an email, so I’ll subscribe and read it» principle. No. This should be a selection of those resources that fulfill you and make you happy. It should be purged and filled with new resources regularly.

5. Finish all pending business and reset it to zero

It’s essential to carry through with all business from your waiting-list. You should change its status to «in process,» start doing it, and get it done; or, reset it to zero. It’s better to decide for yourself that at this point you stop doing something than carry the burden with you. You should sense that everything is done, current affairs are in order, and there are no hanging questions. That’s the «first speed» to get to a «What do I want from this life» question and move towards intended changes.

In conclusion, I should say that the deep cleaning process for your present includes two key pillars: decluttering on all levels, and harmonization of your affairs.

Tune your channels in such a way that you only receive practical quality information in reasonable quantities, and you’ll see how your world transforms.

You can recreate yourself only if you remember not to be held back by your late experiences.

Let the clean-up begin!

​Author: Olesya Novikova
Source: interesno.co

@JonSnow @vishusgh
@Tejaa

Link Copied

6 Ways to Become a Wiser Person

Intelligence is something, say some, we are born with.

On the other hand, wisdom, far more useful, is definitely something one can accumulate over a lifetime. Many search for ways to become wise,
but few feel they have really achieved it. The Berlin Wisdom Project of the late 80s defined wisdom as:

- Spiritual knowledge
- Factual knowledge
- Excellent judgment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to learn from past experience
- Humility, emotional strength or ability to recover from defeat
- Openness and maturity – allowing another to see you as you really are
- A deeper understanding of human nature, including empathy for others and other cultures

However, if you don’t think you embody all these qualities, there are SIX other ways to become wiser in the human experience:

1. Being Social

Research has shown that people who keep more contact with other people display higher levels of wisdom than those who remain more secluded. Some think this may be due to new people constantly giving us new ideas to think about, new information, new experiences, and this enriches the mind and gives us more wisdom. So make an effort, if not for others than for yourself. Stay in touch with old friends, go take a course, and stay in contact with those around you, it’s the wise thing to do.

2. Open mindedness

Wisdom is the ability to understand all aspects of a problem, without surrendering to personal feelings. The meaning of an open mind is to find true empathy and to understand that everyone has a life story that affects them in some way, and it is not our place to judge. A good habit is to write down, every day, what ails you. At the end of the day, take a look at that list and try to get a new perspective on each problem, you’ll be surprised what things will come to mind.

3. “I could be mistaken”

A smart person understands that it is impossible to know everything, and that life always throws you a curve when you least expect it. Acknowledging our mistakes may, and often does, lead to greater wisdom. Remember, your ability to be wrong shouldn’t damage your reputation as a wise man, but should increase it, because wise people know how to take responsibility for their mistakes. Nietzsche is quoted to have said: “Wisdom sets limits on knowledge, too.”. Acknowledge the limits of your knowledge and admit when you are wrong.

4. Experiencing new things

While we each have our own personal tastes in books, music, art or just what is good cinema, it is important to note that getting familiar with styles unknown will broaden your horizons and introduce new world views, new ideas and new outlooks on life. So put down the novel you’re reading and try a science fiction story, a history book or just a great romance. Whatever it is you almost never read, now is the time to add some real experience in things you haven’t really touched on. So try something new, or learn a new skill – it won’t just make you wiser, it’ll also keep you young!

5. Self awareness

Many will say they have rich life experience, but when was the last time you really stopped to think of all you’ve learned throughout life?

Try this exercise: Write down your three biggest failures and your three biggest successes. Next to each of them write some of the events that lead to it and the lessons you learned. Look for patterns, without pride or regret, simple patterns to teach you about how you used each experience to drive you forward. After all, knowing yourself is the biggest challenge of all.

6. Know what goes on around you

Yes, the news is often dramatic, misrepresented or just depressing. But it’s hard to make balanced decisions for yourself and others if you don’t learn from the mistakes that happen to others and to on larger scales, to your city, country and world. Keep updated, read a newspaper, watch the news or just read a news site online from time to time. Read the articles, not just headlines, and understand how you fit into this bigger world, and where you stand. This is crucial for true wisdom.

@Tejaa @A2Zdeals
@cuteangel @prinkle
@Smarty @sukhichd710

Link Copied

An Excerpt from The Road to Happiness
by Mac Anderson and BJ Gallagher

When I travel on business, I like to talk to the taxi drivers who take me from the airport to my hotel, or to a convention center, or to a restaurant. Taxi drivers are often immigrants with interesting personal histories and unusual cultural backgrounds. I ask them how long they’ve been in America, how they chose which city to live in, and what they like best about where they live. Of course, I also ask them for advice on good local restaurants and any special attractions they’d recommend to a visitor. I’ve had some great experiences on my travels, thanks to the advice of taxi drivers!

On one trip about ten years ago, I was making conversation with the taxi driver, asking him my usual questions about how he came to live where he lived. Then I asked him a hypothetical question: “If you could live anywhere in the world-and if money was no object-where would you live?”

Without hesitating even for a second, he replied, “I live in my heart. So it really doesn’t matter where my body lives. If I am happy inside, then I live in paradise, no matter where my residence is.”

I felt humbled and a little foolish for my question. Of course he was right-happiness is an inside job. He had reminded me of something I already knew, but had forgotten. If you can’t find happiness inside yourself, you’ll never find it in the outside world, no matter where you move. Wherever you go, there you are. You take yourself with you.

I am grateful for the wisdom of that taxi driver. And I’m grateful for all the wisdom others have shared with me about how to be happy.

Be The One Who Has An Understanding Heart

Link Copied

https://i.imgur.com/B9zOUEx.jpg

@xuseronline @iamspl.xxx

Link Copied

https://i.imgur.com/CkPh53A.jpg

Link Copied

https://i.imgur.com/OeYzYYC.jpg

Link Copied

When we don’t accept an undesired event, it becomes Anger;
when we accept it, it becomes Tolerance.

When we don’t accept uncertainty, it becomes Fear;
when we accept it, it becomes Adventure.

When we don’t accept other’s bad behaviour towards us, it becomes*Hatred;*
when we accept it, it becomes Forgiveness.

When we don’t accept other’s Success, it becomes Jealousy; when we accept it, it becomes Inspiration.
Acceptance is the key to handling life well.
-——————

@forgotten who is @peekay ?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

New dimmer… I Just buy stuff, always looking for loots, nearbuy and little offer

Link Copied

Download App for free on Play Store
English

Your Story
IN DEPTH

How to deal with an unreasonable manager
Wouldn’t it be amazing if all managers were easy to deal with? If there were no issues altogether? But, that doesn’t happen too often. Some managers/supervisors/bosses can be very demanding and can put excessive pressure on the employees.

A difficult and unreasonable manager might ask you to work beyond the schedule or the time the work demands. Some telltale signs of a bad manager include setting unreasonable deadlines, not prioritising work well, not recognising your work or the effort put in by you and not recommending your name for any incentives despite your best efforts. Worst still, he/she is unapproachable, so you are left with no choice but to complete the task within the deadline set by your manager. If your manager fits all of these descriptions, dealing with him/her can prove to be your worst nightmare!

Here are a few things you can do to deal with it.

Be proactive, not reactive
Don’t constantly wait for your manager to give you instructions, it won’t work to your advantage. Grab the reins for a change and actively manage the situation. Approach the matter gently. Set a reasonable schedule to execute your work. Keep the discussions with your boss sharp and efficient.

Set priorities and expectations right
When your boss gives you an assignment, see where it sits on the priority list. Decide an estimated time to complete it. If you fear it may not be completed within the deadline set by your boss, reason it out with him/her before you agree to it.

Be professional, not emotional
This is a crucial factor to keep in mind. Always maintain a professional demeanour while talking to your controlling boss. Do not let your emotions take over your work. Don’t get into a fight with anybody. Be straight-forward and deal with everything professionally.

Keep calm and be confident
The best way to deal with an unreasonable person is to remain composed. Do not take a decision while you are angry or upset with someone. Take a deep breath when you feel the urge to react.

Find solutions
To avoid the escalation of a problem, one has to be prepared for every setback. Remember, finding an appropriate solution is always better than being angry and expressing it.

Be a leader, not a follower
Be a keen listener. Especially, when ideas and directions get tossed around during important meetings. Don’t be a mute follower of directions. Ask questions, clarify your doubts and take the lead without hesitation.

Try to use positive reinforcement
Remember, everyone likes to be appreciated. Praise your boss when it calls for – be it for the completion of an excellent project or any other achievement.

Maintain a rapport with your manager
If you have a good rapport with your manager, a lot of problems can be solved. An effective communicator is always adept at separating the person from the issue. Learn the art of being soft to the person, but firm on the issue.

Be persistent
Being persistent will help you take control of many situations. Discuss the matter with your co-workers (if they are trustworthy) and take charge of tough situations. If your boss’ bad behaviour becomes unbearable, plan an action against it by following the right track. Don’t let your boss get away with bad behaviour.
If it is required, file a complaint
If your boss becomes abusive or the situation becomes too difficult to handle, it calls for some stern action. You could file a formal complaint with the HR or your company’s grievance committee. But be prepared for any outcome as complaining to the HR involves taking the issue to other board members.

(Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of YourStory.)

Link Copied

Don’t worry if

people don’t like

you. Most people

are struggling to

like themselves.

Link Copied

https://i.imgur.com/5N9sRQd.png

Link Copied

https://i.imgur.com/gizegac.png

Link Copied

Beautiful letter written by a father to his son and daughter👌

Following is a letter to his daughter from a renowned Hong Kong TV Broadcaster and Child Psychologist.

The words are actually applicable to all of us, young or old, children or parents.!

All parents can use this in their teachings to their children.

I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons…_

1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows how long he lives._

2. I am your father, and if I don’t tell you these, no one else will._

3. Whatever written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches._

Remember the following as you go through life._

1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I.

To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really will be good to you. You have to be careful, don’t hastily regard him as a real friend._

2. No one is indispensable, nothing is in the world that you must possess.

_Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don’t want you anymore, or when you lose what you wanted the most.

3. Life is short._
_When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.

4. Love is nothing but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one’s mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness.

Don’t over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don’t over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.

5. A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life.

One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags !

6. I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.

7. You honour your words, but don’t expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don’t expect people to be good to you. If you don’t understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.

8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years , but could never strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch !

9. No matter how much time I have with you, let’s treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in our next life.

Your Parents X Y Z
Link Copied

Road trip

While on a road trip, an elderly couple stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch.

After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant, and resumed their trip.

When leaving, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn’t miss them until they had been driving for about forty minutes.

By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turn around, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.

All the way back, the elderly husband became the classic grouchy old man.

He fussed and complained, and scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive.

The more he chided her, the more agitated he became.

He just wouldn’t let up for a single minute.

To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant.

As the woman got out of the car, and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her…

‘While you’re in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card too!’

Link Copied

True wisdom comes to each of us
when we realise how little we understand about life,
ourselves, and the world around us.

replyuser
Click here to reply