I know many of you are waiting eagerly for redmi, many of you must have got and started using it and many praying that you get lucky in next sale!!
I got my redmi yesterday afternoon and have been digging it in and out!! I just thought to share my views so that many of you who wanna buy or confused whether to buy or not can get some help from this topic.
Ok, I wont emphasis much on display, specs, camera, battery n all coz all this is present clearly on google in many forums!! I am writing about the practical usage of the phone.
- First thing which one does is open the back panel to put sim. Now this disappointed me a bit coz power button is attached to back panel and if you forget to switch off the phone then you have to put it back again and press the power button. Also one has to remove the battery to insert the sim.
- As soon as you switch it on it boots up in 15 seconds and you get menu to setup your device. Very impressed with its booting speed
- Touch and display are top notch. Can be compared to any 15k phone. Crystal clear display is very impressive.
- When you open the keyboard there is bit of lag, may be fraction of second but it noticeable and can irritate a bit if you are used to some high end phones.
- Personally I prefer the iOS system of displaying the icons on home page and it is same in redmi.
- In 8Gb memory only 6.14 is available for usage and it comes pre loaded with many google apps so initially you get only 5.2Gb. Media lovers might have to mount an extra memory card.
- Back panel is of good quality plastic and in no way can be said cheap as mentioned in other forums.
- In call voice is crystal clear
- Picture quality can be compared to iphone and really you can capture minute details which cant be seen in some 15k phone cameras. Camera response is really fast and in LED flash is sufficient to luminate things within 1.5-2m.
- There is a small indicator light just below the home button which blinks whenever there is a miss call, message or any notification. User can set the colour of the light as per choice.
- Touch pad button are not backlit which is bit of turn-off but once you get used to fone then your finger move without even looking at button. So not a very big issue
- In normal mode rest things are as good as any other android phone
- Lite Mode: This one is my favorite!! I am thinking to it give it my dad and seriously if you want it for some one elder than this is THE PHONE for you. Icons are big which are easily visible for even weak eye sighted people. Icons are like windows OS with big tiles. All the menus are very easy and direct and easily readable. Even the calling menu and digits are quite big. A reader read the digits that you dial so it is helpful when dialing in low light. Reader voice is very loud and clear when phone rings. Only thing is voice seems to be of some Chinese lady which might become bit embarrassing if you are in a crowd.
[Edit]: Screen rotation is bit slow.
All in all I would say that Xioami have clubbed the best features of iOS, Android and windows in one package and for price of 5999/- this phone is here to rule the market!!
This much for now!! As i will explore more and more features i will keep updating this topic. Till then dear dimers are welcomed to provide your valued comments on redmi!!
Also if anyone has any personal doubts can PM me. I will be more than happy to help you