Do you own a IBall Slide I701 – This may be of ...

Do you own a IBall Slide I701 – This may be of some help to you

Score: 20 Votes: 20
Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar

Do you own a IBall Slide I701 – This may be of some help to you

I own a few tablet, but wouldn’t compare this one with those, because they are of different league, I own a IBall Andi Pulse 4L (windows phone 2700INR), so I knew what to expect out of this

I got this tablet for 2700 INR, so I consider it a decent purchase, my main reason to buy this tablet is, to deploy this in my video production, since I use YETI BLUE microphone and it requires a handshake with a system to produce recording, and it doubles up as a secondary voice recorder if needed.

Without further ado

The build and what’s inside?

As I do with all my gadgets once I got hold of this tablet, the first thing I did was dismantle to have a look at it, once I dismantled it I found the entire components soldered and taped with plastic, which left me a little disappointed, because the plastic will trap the heat and keep the tablet warm/hot, instead they could have used a thermal pad/sheet to keep things in place, and due to my time restriction I left this process, as it is, once I find time will de-solder the battery and look further, so will keep you all updated in this front in the coming days when I find time, as of now i have posted a few pic at this stage for others to get an idea.

About the OS

The OS in this tablet is Windows 8.1 Update (Core Connected Single Language), as this tablet is EFI based, I knew the windows key is embedded into the MSDM table, so I extracted the key as a safety measure, then with Easeus had a look at the partition scheme of the tablet. Looking at the partition clearly indicated they have used WIM BOOT DEPLOYMENT. Hence I thought of backing the entire drive using Acronis (I may explain this latter). then I ran the RUNONCE OFFICE INSTALLER to associate my office to this tablet. Once all this was taken care of, my intention was to get in to BIOS/UEFI/EFI.

How to get in to UEFI (BIOS) / KEY Combinations.

1. Power Button + Volume Up + Volume Down will take you into DnX / FastBoot Mode

2. Power Button + Volume Down Button should take in to the Graphical Boot Loader of Windows 8.1 where you could select the TROUBLESHOOT option and select the ADVANCED OPTION, in this menu choose the UEFI Firmware Settings to enter the UEFI of the Tablet

Apart from this you may have a look at the other options in the Graphical Bootloader which helps you in Reset/Restore Windows
The UEFI is an AMI one, and in my honest opinion has many feature yet can call it Prebaked. I have attached a few picture of the Graphical Bootloader and UEFI for your Reference.

Partition Layout and Deployment Method Used by IBALL

As mentioned earlier IBALL has Used WIMBOOT Deployment in this tablet, hence the partition should look like below

WIMBOOT is method by which you could save Gb of space by keeping the OS as a WIM file (compressed) and using DISM to give pointers to the file to look for. Those who are interested in knowing the deployment procedure of WIMBOOT may refer to this TECHNET article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn6...

Which is better: Clean Install or Upgrade?

Those who wish to keep all the functionality as it is, should strictly stick to UPGRADE only, may be you could choose to keep nothing in the upgrade process but please do not install windows by booting the tablet with a windows 10 installation media (USB/CD) plugged in and deleting all the partition and installing windows from scratch.

What’s wrong with Clean Install?

If you do a clean install using the Boot from USB installation Media Method, you will delete all the partition, hence the Power key + Volume Down Key will no longer bring the graphical bootloader, to achieve the same functionality, you must assign the function using a proper method of deployment, i.e. the correct way to do a clean install is to use WIMBOOT Deployment Process.

This tab as Media/TV box?

This works well for this purpose, in fact plays 4K 60FPS video without a lag. But you need a good source, as this does not upscale normal 480P to 1080P, so when my source isn’t that great I use freeagent theatre+ which does an excellent job in upscaling and when the source is good I use HIMedia Q5iv.

Notes

1. I wasn’t able to boot this tab from a WindowsToGo drive
2. Acronis dose not detect the eMMC as a drive (Documentation)
3. You could use Volume +/- key to navigate UEFI, but a keyboard, mouse (dongle), is better as Bluetooth does not work in UEFI or Graphical Bootloader.

Resources

Those who are interested in downloading the latest (TechBench / 1511 / RTM) Windows 10 Single language ISO may use this link: TECHBENCH ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... )

Those who want to back up their key from bios may use : RWEverything ( http://rweverything.com/dow...d/ ) or use my friends simple application, just unzip the file and run the batch file, you should get a text document with the key in the same directory as that of the batch file/application ( Application : http://rghost.net/6ST...Cf )

9 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

this is really informative…much thanks smile

Images
@kavirajd wrote:

this is really informative…much thanks smile

Actually So much.!
And most of them is New wink

404 img
Deal Captain

You deserve karma for hardwork smile

Missing
Deal Cadet

Vanakkam… Romba nallayirikku…

Hi… Very Nice…

Very informative and apt and timely. Kudos and Karma.

Missing
Deal Cadet

Can you please list out the steps for activating the device on receipt? Thanks.

ad bot
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Avathar
Deal Cadet

I got " need 8 gb " to upgrade windows 10. I tried update & recovery>"just remove my files", but not possible to upgrade to windows 10. currently tab has only 5.96 gb free of 11gb. any help/comment would be appreciated

Missing
Deal Newbie

I know this is too old to be posting but still i do please if you are still holding into that tablet please take a backup of its bios and upload to any site. Need it very urgently please do see this reply.

Missing
Deal Newbie

Use a separate sd card for downloading the windows os, if you still see this reply please upload a copy/backup of bios of your tablet to any site for me to download, need it urgent to repair.

Missing