Usually I check in hotels recommended by friends or already stayed at and don’t experiment.
had to crash for a night at Mumbai Central so searched on Goibebo app since they were running a 50% of promo. my customer’s have good hotels in Colaba but way to far for my requirements.
So booked at a place called Plaza guesthouse at Mumbai central because it seems bang opposite the railway station.
but was a nightmare staying there. sadly others like me go through the same ordeal since there is daily 1 booking for the place just because of higher rating in the ibibo system.
request to mods to modify the tags so it’s more SEO friendly.
you get this room after ibibo discount coupon for 560 to 760 bucks.
but when you reach the room is actually window less 8×10 out of which it has a 2 1/2 feet of bathroom inside it.
you will immediately say show me an upgrade. these upgrades cost 1800 per might over and above what you paid to ibibo. so the so called deal goes of in thin air.
plus points (but not their own)
- bang close to Mumbai central station.
- 3 good restaurants downstairs.
- rooms don’t have windows and too small in a very old building.
- every one is drunk standing at reception after 9pm
- strong stinch of cheap liquor in entire guest house from 6pm onwards.
- not suitable for family ever.
- all rooms are filled to cigarette smoke stinch.
- walls are of bakelite sheets in an event of a fire it’s a tomb.
- a lot of people in the premises seemed of questionable characters.
- very low pressure in tap water.
- one has to order hot water bucket.
- no night lamp. had to keep the bathroom door open all night.
this place Plaza guesthouse at Mumbai central was unbearable. at the crack of dawn at 6am dashed out of the place even though had time till 10am