Philips E122 mobile review

Philips E122 mobile review

Stop animated gif movies
Deal Cadet

Hi guys, i know lot of you bought the Philips E122 handset from Snapdeal using 250 off on 999 coupon. I got my product delivered today. Below is a brief review,un-boxing pics and a little write up on the product along with suggestions to improve the battery life and network reception.

Pros: Excellent build quality (considering the price).
Good camera (considering the price).
Good Music output (through a decent earphone/headphone)
Music output is loud (again through a decent earphone/headphone)
Decent design (compact and handy)
Good voice transmission/reception quality (earpiece is loud,could have been a little louder though, mic is decent)
Internet through GPRS is surprisingly fast even without EDGE.
SNS integration which is actually usable (Facebook, Twitter, MSN, Yahoo IM.
UI is fast and responsive.
Bundled charger looks branded and attractive
Micro-USB data port (which also serves as the charger port)
Data cable which doubles up as the charger wire included in the package.
Almost all the earphones with 3.5 mm jack work (i am not talking about handsfree kit)

Cons:Bad display (color rendering and resolution is on the lower side)
Bad quality bundled hands-free kit.
No audio equalizers
Small and closely packed keypad makes it difficult to type.
Keypad feels strong but the keys may loose their markings within 1 year of normal usage
Proprietary chinese OS and yes it’s a made in china, re-branded phone.
MediaTek (MTK) chip, beware before buying those Domo Enthral earphones, they won’t work with this phone.
No option to create playlists (plays music from the default my music folder, other folders cannot be added)
Bad quality bundled handsfree kit.

If you are good with a single sim, the phone’s usability increases, battery life increases and the network reception too becomes better when the phone is operated with only a single sim.

Good phone with a decent camera that can actually record decent videos, good balanced music output, compact and easy on hands. THIS PHONE ALSO HAS A VIBRATOR WHICH MOST OF THE PHONES AT THIS PRICE POINT LACK.
If you need a good secondary phone, this should be the one.
I did not receive the invoice, neither was the warranty card stamped, i guess same is the case with others who purchased this product, don’t know how i am going to be covered under warranty.