1. big sized redmi 1s with similar red buttons at the bottom. packing too is similar – see the box comparison to see the size diff
2. glossy back, no major finger prints though – see comparison to my lumia 625 (white)
3. No accessories. Just a booklet, battery, usb plug + cable with the phone
4. Same MIUI as RedMi 1s. Nothing specific to mention. Guess it is rooted by default (was prompting for permissions)
5. New firmware v38 available for download (530MB) (currently on 29)
6. Does not feel soo heavy to me – coming from a Lenovo P780
7. Needs a screen guard & a cover to avoid scratches (at least for the back) as I am notorious in maintaining them.
8. No lags, screen is OK (nothing great), not very bright. pretty smooth with the operation.
9. does not really feel very big. it is comfortable to hold in one hand
10. ISSUE – the glossy sides makes the phone slide in one-hand if you dont hold it firmly. Be careful to avoid dropping it due to sliding off due to carelessness. Ordered this cheap backcover (38rs) from aliexpress to address this issue
Update 5th Dec *1 day usage exp update *
12. Display is good even in sunlight (i.e., is adequately visible with brightness at 75%). Watched a movie clip (limitless) for 15 mins. Display is awesome. But the audio is not adequate.
13. Music play – this fone is louder compared to my cousin’s MI3. Tested with the same song copied from his phone. Quality of the speaker is not good (pathetic – similar to MI3 I would say). I had a SE K750i once upon a time. It had some awesome speakers – miss that quality.
14. Battery seem to be good. 12 hrs (with just a couple of calls but adequate screen time) drained down to 72% (28% usage). Should last 1.5 to 2 days as per my estimate depending on usage
15. Everyone is awed by the phone size, its display is impressive & when they hear the price, they open their mouth!
I hope battery is as good as it is claimed. I hated the redmi1s battery hardly lasted for 10 hours for me – needed to be charged by 9pm if I had taken it off the charging at 9am. Battery availability is important because I come from P780.
Edit: embedded the images now