Got free after a lot of busy schedule till I forgot my DD login credentials. So finally traced it and logged in.
Saw the latest Apple TV about a month back at my younger bro’s house and liked it. But fellow is a apple devotee so anything Apple he bounces around with his apple AIR connectivity.
Within minutes found a lot of issues navigating so decided to look for an alternative and better than that.
Searched google and found a lot of listing on ebay.com which were cheaper than Indian sellers by atleast 2500 bucks. So after reading reviews of different models decided to go for the CS968 the top most model.
Its a full entertainment system
latest CS968 with quad core CPU, Multi core GPU
2GB RAM, 8GB Nano internal drive, Micro SD card slot expandable to 32GB
Wifi, Wifi hub, bluetooth, internal camera and mic, multiport USB with OTG, HDMI, RCA connectivity
simply fully loaded PC of the size of 2 cigarette packets.
now the review.
- Bluetooth keyboard and mouse was easy to connect even regular USB keyboard mouse require no additional drivers.
- Works on 720p need to root it to enable 1080p
- Comes preloaded with office suite and XBMC media player apps
- Graphics are fantastic because watching on a 42" TV nothing can hide.
- Google calender is not working need to find why. Set the date correctly, set the google sync correctly but calander doesn’t show up in sync.
- motion games like subway surfer are not working either for that I have no ordered a multi axis remote which claims to work like the nintendo motion controller. The seller has taken over a week but not shipped it from Delhi.
- attached an external hdd to view all family photos the way we see on phone and better than the interface inbuilt in TV and the phillips HT system.
- Camera is 2mpx will try to download another app to have crisper pictures and the suction cup stand helps to position it well for video.
A fully functional browser and integrated office suite makes it an ideal PC killer cum an entertainment system.
The unit comes with a special cable to connect it to a regular TV via 3RCA.
This sunday (tomorrow) an Andriod geek friend is coming over for lunch works on VLSI. Will open the box to find if there is a dead button cell since date resets back to 2011 on start and will try rooting it to unlock 1080p.
Have to seach my godown for my PS2 dual shocks to USB convertor to play games.
If you have been planning to buy such unit and have unanswered questions throw in this thread.