REVIEW : CS968 Android Smart TV box

158°
Analyst
dharmanath481

Got free after a lot of busy schedule till I forgot my DD login credentials. So finally traced it and logged in.

Saw the latest Apple TV about a month back at my younger bro’s house and liked it. But fellow is a apple devotee so anything Apple he bounces around with his apple AIR connectivity.

Within minutes found a lot of issues navigating so decided to look for an alternative and better than that.

Searched google and found a lot of listing on ebay.com which were cheaper than Indian sellers by atleast 2500 bucks. So after reading reviews of different models decided to go for the CS968 the top most model.

Its a full entertainment system
latest CS968 with quad core CPU, Multi core GPU
Android Kitkat
2GB RAM, 8GB Nano internal drive, Micro SD card slot expandable to 32GB
Wifi, Wifi hub, bluetooth, internal camera and mic, multiport USB with OTG, HDMI, RCA connectivity

simply fully loaded PC of the size of 2 cigarette packets.

now the review.

• Bluetooth keyboard and mouse was easy to connect even regular USB keyboard mouse require no additional drivers.
  • Works on 720p need to root it to enable 1080p
  • Comes preloaded with office suite and XBMC media player apps
  • Graphics are fantastic because watching on a 42" TV nothing can hide.
  • Google calender is not working need to find why. Set the date correctly, set the google sync correctly but calander doesn’t show up in sync.
  • motion games like subway surfer are not working either for that I have no ordered a multi axis remote which claims to work like the nintendo motion controller. The seller has taken over a week but not shipped it from Delhi.
  • attached an external hdd to view all family photos the way we see on phone and better than the interface inbuilt in TV and the phillips HT system.
  • Camera is 2mpx will try to download another app to have crisper pictures and the suction cup stand helps to position it well for video.

A fully functional browser and integrated office suite makes it an ideal PC killer cum an entertainment system.

The unit comes with a special cable to connect it to a regular TV via 3RCA.

This sunday (tomorrow) an Andriod geek friend is coming over for lunch works on VLSI. Will open the box to find if there is a dead button cell since date resets back to 2011 on start and will try rooting it to unlock 1080p.

Have to seach my godown for my PS2 dual shocks to USB convertor to play games.

If you have been planning to buy such unit and have unanswered questions throw in this thread.

8 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

opened the box doesn’t have a cmos battery while it relies on wifi connection to update time.

was able to configure rk remote control used my Android mobile as a touch pad and a a remote control for videos and other apps. But its an Android 2.3.2 mobile which crashed the app on chosing gamepad option all of it happens over Wifi due to the DLAN miracast compatibility.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can we watch free to air channels on this

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

You should check with a DTH operator because Zee or Sun has a policy if you don’t renew you continue to Free 2 air channels at no cost.

My office TataSky STB has a special offer Rs. 1400/yr for supreme sports pack which includes all free 2 air channels plus some special sports channels.

This box is actually to view premium contents for free using internet using online live streams.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

how much did u pay for it and where did u buy it from?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

paid $66 and no customs duty for this.

all games cannot be played even with 2gb ram because most android games require an additional motion sensor and pre mapped keys which cannot be achieved through a standard keyboard so needs an additional game controller.

the Enter USB gamepad is not recognized and forums say a Playstation2 dualshockers with a usb convertor works but not able to find it in my godown yet since was bought about 6 years back from USA.

There are 3D motion controllers like the Nintendo Wii hand held device which will work with this unit but an Indian seller Retaibunny.com kept me waiting for a month and didn’t ship so hand to file for a charge back and ebay seller who has one has not responded yet.

Hope to get it soon.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Can you tell me from which site you brought this item for $66. How can we buy…. Is that site reliable….. Any other further procedures?

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
jijovi7 wrote:

Can you tell me from which site you brought this item for $66. How can we buy…. Is that site reliable….. Any other further procedures?

+1

interesrted to buy

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

planning to buy this..
any deal??
where you got for 66$?

replyuser
Click here to reply