Product Purchased: Dell XPS 15
Price: Rs. 54000/-(including taxes)
Did I search for alternate options: Yes( see below)
Reason for purchase:
1. Dell’s excellent after sales service (earlier had Dell XPS 1530. It was really a very good experience).
2. Dell’s Complete Coverage Plan.
3. For photo-editing & video-editing on the go along with occasional gaming.
1. OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64- bit)
2. Intel Core i5,2nd generation,2410M Processor ( 2.3Ghz, Turbo boost upto 2.93GHz, 4Threads, 3M cache)
3. Hard disk: 750GB
4. Ram: 4GB DDR3
5. 1 GB NVidia Geforce GT 525M Graphics Card
6. 15.6” (screen Full HD i.e. 1920x 1080 p)
7. JBL 2.1 Designed Speakers
8. 2MP HD Cam
9. Backlit Keyboard
1. One Mouse
2. One Targus laptop backpack
3. 15 months subscription from Mcafee Security Centre
4. Free 4-week subscription to Seventymm.com
5. Free 6-month subscription to PHR HealthConnect
If looks could kill. Beauty with brains. Silver back cover with black body inside. Heaven!!
With the configuration provided, it had to do well. The system worked flawlessly. With few tweaks here & there, the system was perfectly optimized. In regards to gaming, I am not much of a gamer. I have these games: Dragon Origins, The Witcher, Devil May Cry 4, Bioshock. I was able to play these games at the highest possible setting without any glitch
Window Index Rating:
Processor : 7.2
RAM : 5.9
Graphics : 4.9(desktop)
Graphics : 6.7(gaming)
HDD : 5.9
1. Speaker: Very good clarity even at high volume
2. Screen: Superb Clarity
3. Keyboard: Gives you a very good feeling when you type & a backlit keyboard is an icing
4. USb 3.0 ports
5. Dell’s Complete Cover & after sales service.
1. Bulky( at first you won’t feel it but after carrying it for 2-3 hrs on your shoulder you start to feel its weight)
2. No dedicated multimedia & Wi-Fi buttons. You have to activate using combo buttons. Simply hate this.(personal opinion)
3. No finger-print scanner had it in my earlier laptop but they have provided facial recognition(Personal opinion)
Did I search for alternate options?
1. Lenovo IdeaPad Z570
Lenovo Service Centre was very far away from my residential address.(might seem a stupid reason but when you need a service on that you have to travel a distance just get the answer Sir, aap kal aao aaj ready nahin hai or we have not received the parts. It really makes you go on the edge.)
2. HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX ( heard its earlier model had Severe heating problem. So had to drop this one)
3. Sony VAIO F Series VPCF135FGB
Really wanted to buy this product but one of my friend had sony laptop it had some internal problem. On going to the service centre, the person in charge told us that this part does not comes under warranty & the one which was under warranty,you have to pay extra. This is what made drop the idea. On the pretext: If my laptop has some problem & if I am under the 1 year plan, I should get the service.
4. Acer Aspire 5830T
Heard that Battery life is not good. This was an important factor
What made me buy Dell XPS 15
I had Dell XPS 1530 earlier so I knew the kind of service they had provided me. Their service guys come to your house to repair it.
I haven’t experienced the service of other laptops companies so I can’t comment on that.
Hope this review helps.