[Review] Free 5-Star Resort Stay- Valid Across 180 Resorts in India by Snapdeal.com

227°
Deal Subedar
amitinmumbai

Recently i booked a deal in snapdeal.com considering it was a steal as I could book any resort all over India within 12 months time at a jaw dropping price of 499 at snapdeal and 699 at the time of booking. I purchased two vouchers and was happy over it. My happiness turned into horror when i received a call from jaguar technologies today who told me I have to pay registration fees immediately. I tried arguing that it was not mentioned on the website and i have to pay only when i plan to book or 15 days in advance. I was told that isn’t the case and I will have to book a slot as soon as possible otherwise later I may not be able to book it at all.
I was disappointed at this cause this was not at all mentioned. Gifting someone a voucher like this means the receiver will have to face many hidden term and conditions. It would leave personal relations strained. So after realizing this I called up snapdeal customer care and told them the case. The apologized for the mistake but refused to cancel the deal sighting another term n condition that the deal is non refundable. I tried arguing that I am dissatisfied with the deal and want to cancel it. They simply refused it completely.
I am now left with no option but to file a case in consumer court against snapdeal.com for duping customers.
Will update here as well after filing the case.
One thing is for sure majority of online sites are not to be trusted and snapdeal is definitely one that cannot be trusted.

I hope others will save their money by avoiding snapdeal.com in future.

Posted this on mouthshut as well.

20 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

OMG !!
This is really bad on Snapdeal’s part.
This is simply not acceptable.

I was planning to buy this deal, but ur review saved me

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

please spread the message as well. that will save many customers like you & me.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

No doubt the deal was fraud. had warned earlier.. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

It is just next to impossible to stay in a 5 star resort at that price. That to 180 resorts..

Have heard lot of bad reviews about country club , panaromic holidays , club mahindra..

Please write to snapdeal to top officials and tell them your case. and also there may be few more who may have fallen to this. combine and fight

Link Copied

Its a request to dimers to post their experience regarding the deals and any social media which they can get hands on. Snapdeal should apologise and refund everyone who purchased this fraud deal.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@everybody

I am planning to complain to zeenews network to expose the fraud game of snapdeal. Earlier zeenews expose TIMTARA and aired it how these ponzy sites looting the customer. At that show they provide the mail id if you are cheated by any website than register your compalin here. They will expose that site.

I am going to write a complain there and requesting everybody please write to zeenews. If we stood strong then surely we can expose snapdeal and save people money.

mail id: inews@zeenetwo…om

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have also the mail id of Karan Bhal CEO of snapdeal and people should directly write to him. I will share it soon, right now in office so no access of gmail.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Mail id of Kunal Bahl CEO of Jasper India aka Snapdeal

kunal.bahl@jasperind…om

Please write your complain here..

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@amitinmumbai : I agree with you.I also got call from Snap deal to pay remaining 699 Rs now.As they have not mentioned it.
Guys, we all can do one thing.we all need to file the case or ask Snapdeal for refund.

Link Copied
just4u wrote:

Mail id of Kunal Bahl CEO of Jasper India aka Snapdeal

kunal.bahl@jasperind…om

Please write your complain here..

Thanks Karma For you bro!
will be dropping a mail today

Link Copied
imravi wrote:

@amitinmumbai : I agree with you.I also got call from Snap deal to pay remaining 699 Rs now.As they have not mentioned it.
Guys, we all can do one thing.we all need to file the case or ask Snapdeal for refund.

I think we should spread the word as much as possible so as to prevent people from falling into such ponzi schemes.

Link Copied

Updates:
Received a call yesterday evening from snapdeal by their representative named Asim.
I was told I will be getting the corporate a/c no instead of personal one to deposit the money and was also assured that there will be no more hidden terms and conditions.
To an extent I am disappointed as the process is painful and this makes for a really bad gift. One should gift it to enemies rather than friends.
Highly disappointed by snapdeal.

Link Copied

I browsed snapdeal site for a while and found there are several Such ponzi schemes floating around in their travel deals. Seems Snapdeal itself is hand in glove with such operators.

Link Copied

I received a call from snapdeal they have changed the deal now. All of the people who booked the deal should be receiving a mail regarding this change.
as per the conversation following changes are done
1. Payment will not have to be done at merchant end it will be done at snapdeal
2.After paying at snapdeal and calling up customer care for registration (at snapdeal) you will get booking confirmation immediately. (booking date should be after 15 days)
3. The people who are not comfortable with this change can seek a refund.
4. Its not compulsory to register immediately.( Though it is desirable to get best slots)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Dear Friends,
Just now i got a call about same issue and he is saying u have to pay now.. no other choice to book slot. At the time of booking i made a call 10 time to snap deal Customer care to conform whether the remaining money has to pay now or later? they told strongly that u can pay rs 699 before 15 days of hotel booking slot or u can pay also at the hotel. now they just turn coin saying completely opposite. and guys never buy such type of deals in any websites or SNAP DEAL.:twisted: https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_redface.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Link Copied
hemasundar wrote:

Dear Friends,
Just now i got a call about same issue and he is saying u have to pay now.. no other choice to book slot. At the time of booking i made a call 10 time to snap deal Customer care to conform whether the remaining money has to pay now or later? they told strongly that u can pay rs 699 before 15 days of hotel booking slot or u can pay also at the hotel. now they just turn coin saying completely opposite. and guys never buy such type of deals in any websites or SNAP DEAL.:twisted: https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_redface.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Check your Pm I am forwarding you a number . contact him and tell him about review on mouthshut . Ask him to refund the money as you are not satisfied with the deal.

Link Copied

@hemasundar
Please do post here or in mouthshut.com if your issue is resolved or not. and what talk did you have with Mr krishna Singh(whose number I Pm’ed you)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Is there anyway to take the refund from Jaguar ? They be fooled us all . They are charging utility of around 2000 rs per day …

Link Copied
desidimer21 wrote:

Is there anyway to take the refund from Jaguar ? They be fooled us all . They are charging utility of around 2000 rs per day …

I think not. Try contacting snapdeal in this regard.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Snapdeal Fraud – Free 5-Star Resort Stay

I want to tell the case to everyone which happened to me when I bought a deal from Snapdeal.
On 27th of August, there was a very lucrative deal on snapdeal ‘Free 5-Star Resort Stay’ for Rs 499. In the fine print, terms and conditions were clearly mentioned. It was mentioned that guest will have to pay a mandatory registration fee of Rs 699.

It was also mentioned in terms and conditions that the guest will have to pay the applicable ‘Utility Charges’ on every holiday requested.
Before purchasing the deal, I called snapdeal to enquire about those utility charges and I was told that if I use any Utility like ‘Laundry’ I will have to pay those charges. This was absolutely ok with me and I purchased the voucher.

Voucher is shared at following location:-

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ATiwMYlGINWmN…

I placed my booking request with snapdeal customer care on 27th of August (from 26th dec to 29th dec for three destinations:- Goa, Mount Abu and Jaipur) which they happily accepted and told me that my booking will be confirmed in 24 to 48 hours.

After waiting for 3 days, I was told by snapdeal on 30st of August that merchant for this deal is Jaguar Technologies Hyderabad and first I will have to deposit Rs 699 in the account of Ms. Linda Magledine who is CEO of Jaguar Technologies and have to place the booking request again.

I deposited the money on 31st August and again placed request. Money deposit receipt is shared at:-
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ATiwMYlGINUTB…

On 1st of August , I was told by snapdeal that the actual service provider for this voucher is Four Seasons Holidays, Hyderabad as Jaguar Technologies is having contract with that company.
(Snapdeal sold the deal of Jaguar Technologies and Jaguar Technologies further sold the deal of Four Seasons Holidays but this deal has snapdeal guarantee seal).
So Mr. Amit Srivastava from travel team of Snapdeal arranged a conference call which was attended by myself, Mr. Amit of Snapdeal, Ms. Linda CEO of Jaguar Technologies and Mr. Firasat Hussain M.D. of Four Seasons holidays.

In the conference call Four Seasons Holiday M.D. promised me that I will get my booking request confirmation for GOA for the dates mentioned by me. I asked him to send a mail to me regarding same so that I can keep it as a record. Based on the commitment I did my travel bookings and committed to my family.
After that, for many days I sent various requests to Snapdeal, Jaguar Technologies and Four Seasons Holidays to send me the mail stating whatever was promised in the conference call.

Just attaching snippet of mail from Mr. Amit of snapdeal to Jaguar Technologies and Four Seasons Holidays to send me the mail for whatever was already confirmed verbally in con call:-

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM, Amit Srivastava <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Linda,
Please take it on priority and get the confirmation done. We have already had a word on Concall and Mr Hussain confirmed it over the phone.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kumar Srivastava
Customer Service Team
Phone : 011 45371100 / +91 92126 92126
Email : help@snapde…om

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Amit Srivastava <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Mr. Hussain,
As discussed please confirm it asap so that he can book his flight.
Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kumar Srivastava
Customer Service Team

But I was always told that it will be done shortly.

On 7th of September I got a mail from snapdeal that the deal between Snapdeal and Jaguar Technologies is cancelled, my booking will not be confirmed and I will get refund of my money.
I sent a mail to snapdeal CEO Mr. Kunal Behl that I purchased deal from snapdeal , the deal has snapdeal guarantee seal, snapdeal itself arranged con call in which I was provided assurance that my booking for Goa will be confirmed based on which I booked my travel tickets and committed to my family and now Snapdeal is saying that my booking will not be confirmed as deal has been cancelled.

I got a reply from Snapdeal that if I want my booking to be confirmed I will have to pay a mandatory Utility charge (Minimum 300 per day and Maximum 2500 per day).
I objected to it and quoted that it was not mentioned while selling deal.

After that I got a call from Snapdeal on 10th Sept that I won’t have to pay Utility charges. When I asked for an mail stating that, Mr. Amit from snapdeal told me that he will mail me that the next day.

I got an email from Mr. Amit from snapdeal on 11th Sep and he told me that Ms. Linda of Jaguar Technologies is sending me the confirmation mail that I won’t have to pay utility charges as promised earlier.

But I got a mail from Ms. Linda that I will have to pay utility charges. When I mailed this to snapdeal, Mr. Amit from Snapdeal told me to directly talk to Ms. Linda of Jaguar Technologies. Mail Chain as:-

Forwarded message -———-

Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: Jaguar Technologies
To: er.sumit.goyal@gma…om

Please talk to Linda and she will do it.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kumar Srivastava
Customer Service Team

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Sumit Goyal <[email protected]> wrote:
But nothing such is mentioned in the mail of Linda!!

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Amit Srivastava <[email protected]> wrote:
Yes I told you this

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kumar Srivastava
Customer Service Team

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Sumit Goyal <[email protected]> wrote:

Amit, you told me that Linda will mail me regarding No utility charges from me.
But no such thing is mentioned in mail which I just got from Linda.
-———- Forwarded message -———-
Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Subject: Jaguar Technologies
To: Linda magdaline <[email protected]>
Cc: Rafi ur Rehman <[email protected]>, “Mr. Firasat” <[email protected]>

Greetings !
We Jaguar Technologies want to inform you that we have cancel the deal with Snapdeal because some kind of misunderstanding by the clients.
We are ready to provide the service to our customers, who is interested to proceed with our Jaguar Technologies. We are providing the service because of the commitment what we given to our snapdeal Management and Snapdeal customer . The terms and conditions will be as follows
Terms and Conditions:-

1.Voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issuing.
2.The guest will have to pay the applicable utility charges on every holiday requested. Utility charges will be minimum from Rs.300 to Rs.2500.
(Depends on the resorts )
3. The holiday against holiday voucher will be purely based on EP Plan (Economic plant that is only accommodation) we are providing the free accommodations only. Service tax or utility charge will be charged.
4.All payments(Utility) except the taxes if applicable will have to be paid in our Hyderabad office before the holiday.
For Exp: Any resorts will charge minimum Rs.6000 per day as accommodations charges.. excluding service tax which is the utility charges.
We will be charging the utility charges minimum from Rs.300 to Rs.2500 .
5.Any service charges (exp. New service charge or X-mas Charges if the resort demands or a security deposit if any will be the members responsibility.
6.Holiday based on availability. Guest should reach us before 15 to 20 days to book the resorts with minimum 3 tour destinations (not
resorts) with 3 dates before their journey date..( we won’t be doing any bookings before 15 to 20 days of the journey date )
7.An extra bed will have to be paid as per the resort Tariffs.
8 . Holiday voucher has to be submitted with the applicable utility when requesting a Holiday.
If you looking for the service or refunds Kindly mails us at Arshiya.hr@jaguartechnologies…in
We will take 20working days ….from the day we receive the mail on this mail id only….
Im sending this after seeing the comments about my company by the customers which is not correct.
Kindly cooperate with us…
Regards,
Linda Magdaline,CEO,
Jaguar Technologies

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Amit Srivastava <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Sumit,
I had a word with Linda and she is sending the mail.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Kumar Srivastava
Customer Service Team

Whole mail chain is shared at link:-

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_ATiwMYlGINLW1…

Now I am feeling like in a trap.

I purchased the deal from snapdeal because it is a reputed company and I trusted it. But so far Snapdeal has given me a lot of mental harassment:-
• Placed booking request on 27th Aug and was told that booking will be confirmed in 24 to 48 hours but so far booking has not been confirmed.

• Provided assurance on con call that my booking in Goa will be 100% confirmed based on which I made other commitments but still not provided written confirmation of that.

• Provided verbal assurance that I won’t have to pay any mandatory ‘UTILITY CHARGE’ but still not confirmed that over mail.

It gives a message to every consumer that the LUCRATIVE deals of Snapdeal may not be fair and customers may have to bear a lot of mental harassment.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

The issue has been resolved by snapdeal.

Thanks.

Will do shopping with snapdeal in future.

replyuser
Click here to reply