Here is my review of Philips Grooming Trimmer QT4019 which i purchased from Pepperfry around 4 weeks ago.
After using one of the coupons (that peperfry sends every other day), I purchased this trimmer for Rs. 748 and it was delivered to me on the 8th working day.
Packing was not too good, the box was wrapped in bubble-wrap but unlike the Philips Shaver 912 that i had ordered some months earlier, this trimmer was not packed in a sturdy cardboard box.
Inside the Box:
- Philips Shaver QT4019
- Power Cord/Adapter
- Cleaning Brush
- Warranty Card
Good trimmer for first time users. The build quality of this trimmer is excellent. The trimmer gives a look similar to what you’ll have after 2-3 days of a clean shave. The trimmer is supposed to operate for 35 minutes after being fully charged (which takes 10 hours) and as per my experience the battery really lasts for 30-35 minutes.
The trimmer is user friendly and extremely easy to use. It features a ‘rotating dial’ in addition to the on-off switch.
The dial (i.e. the red ring on the trimmer) can be rotated to set as per the length of beard/hair that you want. There are 9 such settings, ranging from 1mm to 18mm.
The stainless steel blades with a span of 32 mm make sure that it gives excellent results even if you have a long beard. BUT in case you’re looking for a close shave then buy a shaver instead! Remember, this will NOT give you a close shave. It will give you a 3-day stubble.
After usage, the trimmer can be quickly cleaned within a few minutes using the ‘cleaning brush’ that is provided in the box.
- Value for money
- Cordless function, inbuilt rechargeable battery (No external battery rqd)
- Can be used while charging also
- Option to select the size of beard you want..from 1mm to 18mm
- 2 year philips warranty (and you get additional one year warranty if you register the product on Philips Website!)
- No indicator that battery has been charged fully. For charging this trimmer you just have to plug it in for 10 hours continuously
- 10 hours is a long time for recharging battery for the sake of 30-35 mins trimming
The trimmer is excellent value for money. First time users and those looking for a trimmer within a budget of 1000/- Rs. should go for it! I am extremely happy with my purchase.