1000 Shares Become 16000 shares in less than 2 Years

284°
Finance Mentor
svilvam
I bought EASEMYTRIP shares for rs 200, around 2 years back. The company given 1:1 bonus 6 months back, my 1000 shares become 2000, then before 20 days the company made their face value to 2 to 1 so my 2000 shares become 4000, today they given 3 shares bonus to every single share holding, so 12000 bonus shares I received in my demat today, now total holding 16000 shares now.

Understand the power of compound and long-term investing. Find good fundamental small mid cap companies and wait for correction and invest.

Don't do intra trade and make loss, don't argue that you are making profit in trading.
Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
18 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Lol, share count doesn't matter, what's the profit % you made in that 2 years matter? I agree to all other points.

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied
I given my bought price, you can calculate yourself. 
View 6 more replies
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Any opportunity if someone wishes to make fresh entry into this?

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

soon they will give you 100% equity.jk paji congrats to you

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

That's True. Holding good shares is lot better than trading. Even Zerodha founder say 99% can't beat FD returns. If one find good companies and hold on to them despite setbacks in economy ( where share will definitely fall ), compounding does wonders. 

Dear, I do not know your experience ( even my experience is very less ), but it's very much difficult to find good companies over long periods, because if history holds any good, 50X, 100X shares journeys are not all smooth. There are periods when even excellent excellent company shares have shed 60-80% of their share value before bouncing back!!! Imagine holding these shares. Only who has studied in and out and only who has immense sector knowledge can take proper decision, and even for them there are lot of unknown unknowns. And imagine your share has run 20X, do you book profit or wait for 100X? See the best of fund managers say that their biggest mistake is always 'selling too early'. 

All I want to say is it is a probabilistic game, where no one says which company is going to win in the long term. That is why it is hard to best index in the long term. There are several strategies where you can pick shares and hold on to them to mimic index or get decent returns( which beat 99% of investors ). If one doesn't have skill, one can simply index and enjoy compounding and their life. And also a peaceful sleep!! 

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
All I want to say is it is a probabilistic game, where no one says which company is going to win in the long term.

And

Don't do intra trade and make loss, don't argue that you are making profit in trading.

Both are very subjective comments. Individual experiences vary. 

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Congratulations for your profit.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Guys this is shooting in air with blind folds. If you don't have exp don't even try finding shares by your self and put your hard earned money. 

Go to small case, and invest according to your risk appetite. You can do lump sum or sip. Trust my I started investing last year when market was all time high. This year thru it's ups and downs I've still managed to earn 8% returns which is not bad considering when I started investing. Alternatively you can also invest in mf. They have also given me 8% returns in last 12 months. This 2 lakh ka 8 lakh is one in thousands case. 

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Somewhat trade i did with patanjali(Ruchi Soya earlier) bought when it was hitting upper circuit and bought 10@1500 when opened then went all way down to 650 levels still held and then fpo was announce and applied in all family members names for 1 lakh each and got full allotments at 650 and rest is history

replyuser
Click here to reply