1080p TV and 4k TV Query

85°
Deal Lieutenant
rohan8397

I am looking to buy a new TV of 43" and have a few doubts regarding 1080p TV and 4k TV

1. Can we play 4k content on 1080p TV? And if yes, wouldn’t 4k content look better in 1080p TV than 4K TV?
2. In which TV does SD content of the DTH channels look/play better? 1080p or 4K TV
3. I was comparing the MI 4A pro(Full HD) with MI 4x(4K) and the difference in price is Rs.3000. So, isn’t the 4K one better?

11 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

1 . Yes you can play , you won’t notice any difference .
2. SD contents will look better on 1080p TV
3. Go for Full HD ones .

4K contents are rare in Indian media , even Hollywood channels , you can get couple of 4K contents from net / torrents but that will cost you 10’s of GB .

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Thank you… Kg+
I will buy full HD tv during the next sale. Brands I am considering: MI, Realme and VU.

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Mi is not good…
Go for sansui,sanyo (Panasonic), Vu..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

OP you can consider TCL tv too. I have bought 1 TCL tv in last year diwali sale and satisfied with it. Picture quality is great but sound quality is average. Tv has inbuilt Google assistant and works great with YouTube and other inbuilt settings/features but it’s third party app support is limited.
Note: I went for 43 inch full HD tv because right now 4k is not useful. We don’t have much 4k content.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Which one did you buy?

View 2 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply