1499 prime subscription fee debit using standing instruction

241°
Deal Cadet
Ananthth
Rs 1499 was debited from my amazon icici credit card for amazon prime subscription (standing instruction). But I don't have clue on the account subscribed using my card. Maybe my old friend or colleague subscribed using my card an year back. How to get my money back? icici customer care said subscription account is my number but it's still non prime account. Contact amazon customer service too they also don't have any clue
Expiring In 18 days
46 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
No way to get the money without figuring out the purchase location (Amazon account) and CS will only issue refund if no prime benefits availed by the account holder
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
getready wrote:
No way to get the money without figuring out the purchase location (Amazon account) and CS will only issue refund if no prime benefits availed by the account holder
Only icici can help me in finding out the account. Charge back is not applicable in this case?
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
Only icici can help me in finding out the account. Charge back is not applicable in this case?
There's no merchant fault in this, so chargeback won't work. ICICI sends a text message about mandate creation immediately after successful transaction, you should've deleted it back then itself via mandate hub
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
There's no merchant fault in this, so chargeback won't work. ICICI sends a text message about mandate creation immediately after successful transaction, you should've deleted it back then itself via mandate hub
I don't even remember when this mandate was created 🤐. Hope they reveal the prime account number so that I can contact the user of the account.
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
I don't even remember when this mandate was created 🤐. Hope they reveal the prime account number so that I can contact the user of the account.
Check card statement for this month last year, you will get to know the exact date. And may be refer social messaging apps with related keywords like "ICICI" "Apay" / for the same period to figure out your friend's name?
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

go to your credit card auto pay page and cancel autopay for prime or else you will be charged again next year.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
Only icici can help me in finding out the account. Charge back is not applicable in this case?

The more senior or at-least non newbie agents within the Amazon Pay India team or account specialists in 'login and security'

..... "might" be able to give clues on the 'related accounts' or (in rare case) the specific account which has prime activated on so and so date.

.

ICICI or any card issuer being able to locate the specific internal account/customer details of the merchant seems unlikely.

.

Ummm ... as in, the standing instructions (as per I-bank) were given by you.

It is unlikely for Amazon to share the details of account holder or account RMN or Registered E-mail Address with I-bank.

.

It is like... you have a 🐶loyalty points🐕 card/ membership of Shopper's Stop or Reliance stores.

In the store, instead of cash... you use my card.

It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that Shopper's Stop, Reliance would (under normal circumstances) give MY card issuer.. your customer ID, phone number etcetera.. as per their database.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Find your friend . Ask them . Else no way
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
I don't even remember when this mandate was created 🤐. Hope they reveal the prime account number so that I can contact the user of the account.

Not to rub salt into wounds.. but that first sentence.. because it shows 'lack of financial discipline' or casual/trusting nature.. would not get you as much soft corner.

.

Your alternate help can come from any reasonably well acquainted Amazon associate (well acquainted with their tool/ USB Universal Search Bar) 

... who has some time and willingness or access to dig into your 'related accounts'

.

There are few 'basic' CSAs here on DesiDime too.

I might know a name or two from Transaction Risk Management Systems TRMS, but nothing can be assured as of now.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
getready wrote:
CS will only issue refund if no prime benefits availed by the account holder

I am not talking of this case in particular.

But if the account was not complimentary, then a request for pro-rate refund (on cancellation) .. can be initiated by a primary CSA or a IN-SNR CSA (INdia Search aNd Rescue is a fancy way of saying escalation).

.

If account is complimentary from Airtel, BSNL, Voda or other entity who paid for the account...

... then the option to add 'concession' (in so far as I know) is disabled on the Amazon CSA's side.. w.r.t. Prime.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
Check card statement for this month last year, you will get to know the exact date. And may be refer social messaging apps with related keywords like "ICICI" "Apay" / for the same period to figure out your friend's name?
Tried that but no luck. I searched my mail using the mandate id of the standing instruction. It was created last month when i subscribed to prime. But money was debited after one month instead of one year grimacing
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

in america amazon ,com website  ,cucstomer can directly provide charge id and it directly leads to the account on which that charge was made but here in Amazon.in , firstly the other account ( on which prime charge was made )  needs to be found and then authenticate it ,then it can be refunded

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
formosa1 wrote:

I am not talking of this case in particular.

But if the account was not complimentary, then a request for pro-rate refund (on cancellation) .. can be initiated by a primary CSA or a IN-SNR CSA (INdia Search aNd Rescue is a fancy way of saying escalation).

.

If account is complimentary from Airtel, BSNL, Voda or other entity who paid for the account...

... then the option to add 'concession' (in so far as I know) is disabled on the Amazon CSA's side.. w.r.t. Prime.

This is how it used to be couple of years back but things have changed now i guess (No personal experience but i 've read a couple of refund denial posts on DD)

If you cancel the annual Prime membership within 3 business days of signing up for such paid Prime membership, we will issue a credit note to you and refund your full membership fee, provided that we may charge you (or withhold from your refund) the value of Prime benefits used by you and your account during this 3 business day period by issuing a partial credit note to you.
If you cancel the annual Prime membership at any other time , we will raise a credit note and refund your full membership fee only if you have not made any eligible purchases or taken advantage of Prime benefits since your latest Prime membership charge.

Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
If you cancel the annual Prime membership at any other time , we will raise a credit note and refund your full membership fee only if you have not made any eligible purchases or taken advantage of Prime benefits since your latest Prime membership charge.

Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions

Ufff... that is pretty self-explanatory (in a way) then.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

My bad really, 'cause I too do not have any first person experience in such things (as pro-rata or complete refund of AmazonIN Prime fee).

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Thanks again for re-clarifying it, for everyone else too.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
karan.chawla001 wrote:
but here in Amazon.in , firstly the other account ( on which prime charge was made ) needs to be found and then authenticate it ,then it can be refunded.

Thanks for responding, with hopefully the right insider details.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

A follow-on question though.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Who does the 'needs to be found' part (and possibly how do they find)?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
rockhandsome wrote:

go to your credit card auto pay page and cancel autopay for prime or else you will be charged again next year.

I cancelled it
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
Tried that but no luck. I searched my mail using the mandate id of the standing instruction. It was created last month when i subscribed to prime. But money was debited after one month instead of one year grimacing
If this was 1month free trial using cc then it must be renewed automatically for a full year
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
formosa1 wrote:

Thanks for responding, with hopefully the right insider details.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

A follow-on question though.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Who does the 'needs to be found' part (and possibly how do they find)?

you buddy, but only if u can authenticate the other account on which charge was made , guessing game is on your part

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Gauravmittal49589 wrote:
If this was 1month free trial using cc then it must be renewed automatically for a full year
No it's not a trial, i paid full amount for the subscription. Screenshot20221126081101Screenshot20221126081039

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
No it's not a trial, i paid full amount for the subscription. Screenshot20221126081101Screenshot20221126081039

Is that same mandate id for yesterday deducted transaction or different mandate id
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Gauravmittal49589 wrote:
Is that same mandate id for yesterday deducted transaction or different mandate id
Same mandate id.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
Same mandate id.
Then it must be deducted wrongly so contact amazon from where you purchased prime one month ago
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
No it's not a trial, i paid full amount for the subscription. Screenshot20221126081101Screenshot20221126081039

Check here with your Apay cc

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
No it's not a trial, i paid full amount for the subscription. Screenshot20221126081101Screenshot20221126081039

On 26/10/2022, a mandate was created. Looks like it is not debited . Check your previous cc statement to confirm if it is debited or not
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
karan.chawla001 wrote:

you buddy, but only if u can authenticate the other account on which charge was made , guessing game is on your part

O okay. Thank you for the clarity.

.

I am not the main protagonist here though.

Hopefully the original poster (OP) figures it out then.

.

But good to know than on dot com and dot ca.. they let the card issues be aware of the exact account.

Or alternatively.. figure out the account by knowing the charge ID.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
powers wrote:
On 26/10/2022, a mandate was created. Looks like it is not debited . Check your previous cc statement to confirm if it is debited or not
Yeah it's not debited on that day. 161 Rs is debited instead of it. Maybe it's for 1 month prime subscription.
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
Yeah it's not debited on that day. 161 Rs is debited instead of it. Maybe it's for 1 month prime subscription.
With trial subscription it is understandable (Mandate creation > 1499 charge after 30 days) but can they do this? E-mandate creation for 1 year prime via 1 month prime transaction?  @formosa1
Anyways, now that you got to know the source, getting refund is easy (In case you don't need 1 year prime)
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
With trial subscription it is understandable (Mandate creation > 1499 charge after 30 days) but can they do this? E-mandate creation for 1 year prime via 1 month prime transaction?  @formosa1
Anyways, now that you got to know the source, getting refund is easy (In case you don't need 1 year prime)
I actually gave my card to a person working in my office for buying a battery (which costs around 160rs). Don't know how amazon trial or 1 month pack subscribed without otp. Now I've to check using his account crying_cat_face
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Ananthth wrote:
I cancelled it
Could you please give the steps? I have also set the autopay for my amazon prime renewal. Couldn't change it in Amazon Membership page.

I will cancel the SI.
replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply