Hot Deal

Amazon GREAT INDIAN SCAM!!

1505°
Helpful
Sushrut.B

I bought a TP-Link WiFi Router on Prime Day sale, on 22nd September, 2022 & Amazon delivered a completely wrong product on the same day...Since that day, I am trying to resolve the problem with Amazon but they are only replying with generic & non-helpful replies...

I bought a WiFi 6 router which costs 9k & they sent me 1500-2000 worth of obsolete AC750 router & that too looks like an used/customer returned old item without any label or manufacturing date written on the box...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/811490/medium/AmazonRemovingMyNegativeFeedback.jpg?1664534257

You can clearly see from the attached screenshot, how Amazon removed my Negative feedback from Appario Retail's profile to cover the seller's scam of sending a cheap item instead of the item which was ordered from him...Click on the photo to zoom it...

I am literally begging them since 22nd September to take the wrong product back & send me the refund but Amazon is not resolving my issue after hundreds of phone calls, chats & social media complaints...

They made me wait saying they will support me even after the return window gets finished but today my return window got finished & this is what they sent to me in the email after multiple times requesting to reply back...

"I'd like to inform you that we had escalated this issue to our logistics team internally.

As per the update, we've received a confirmation that the correct product was shipped and delivered in a proper condition.

Hence, we'd not be able to assist you with a replacement or refund in this regard."

So, they made me wait till my return window finishes & then sending me this...I have already complained online on National Consumer Helpline & on PGPortal site but not sure if they will at all help & how long it will take because I'm sure they are receiving many complaints like this as if you check Amazon's twitter timeline, you can see the huge flood of complaints where many people also complaining that, Amazon delivery people even marking order as Delivered without even delivering or calling the customers...

You can check that Amazon is removing all negative feedbacks from Appario Retail's profile without resolving any of the customer's issues : https://www.amazon.in/sp?seller=A14CZOWI...LG

Anyone raised a chargeback against any Indian company?? I can do that with SBI but last time I had to dispute a transaction, it was an international transaction & it took 4 months for IDFC just to tell me that they couldn't reverse the transaction.. So much protection on a Visa Signature Credit Card lol...

Not sure how efficient SBI Card's dispute system is, as I never had to use it before...If anyone can Please enlighten, it will help...

Thank You...

P.S, I have also removed all my payment details from Amazon & won't buy anything from them if I don't get my money back...We just blindly come on Amazon & buy everything but if we research properly without being blind, we can also get the same items in cheaper rates from other sites...Maybe those sites will not be even 1/1000 as big as SCAMAZON but atleast they will have value for their old & loyal customers...I have mentioned in a thread before that I am facing too many wrong items & damaged items cases from Amazon lately & when I am trying to return them, pickup guys are denying to take them back...I wish I didn't buy the Prime membership just recently...I thought I would get a faster & better service by buying Prime...My bad...

Expired
173 Comments  |  
36 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

After sending a strong email (with no abusive language) with all the proofs attached, I got this email today...I clearly wrote in the email in the bold letters, that , We the customers are bringing all the money to Amazon & NOT your sellers whom you are covering because they are your big sellers...I had also wrote that I will have to do a chargeback with my CC company if the problem doesn't get resolved fast...

My name is xxx with Amazon's Executive Customer Relations team.

I called you today at around 8.30 PM to address your concern surrounding the issue for Order ID xxxxx.

We've attempted to follow up with you on the same but we've been unsuccessful in reaching you.

This is related to different model received for Order# xxxxx, You have every right to be upset and I truly apologize for the inconvenience this experience caused.

I’m very sorry that you had such a negative experience with our service and customer service representatives , and thank you for making us aware of it.

I’ve reviewed your contacts with our previous agents, and thank you for your feedback.

I would like to confirm that the details of this incident have already been passed on and thorough investigation as to why this is happened.

So that we may identify a root cause behind the mishap and take appropriate corrective measures.

This investigation will take 3-5 business days and will reach out with investigation update and will reach you on or before October 13,2022.

Sushrut, Though I regret the series of events that led to you receiving this e-mail, I'm grateful for the opportunity to have heard your story and shared your feedback.

Thank you for being a valuable member of our Amazon family. We look forward to serving you again - and serving you better - next time..

Good to see that, I got a properly written professional email this time & not a generic reply with bunch of BS...

I don't know if they really tried to reach me by phone or not though because I didn't receive any call from their end...Anyways I will wait as they again asked me to wait as they will be doing further investigation...If I still get the negative reply from them, I will place the chargeback request with SBI...I already have the email written to be sent to SBI Cards & saved in my email draft...

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
from which email u received this mail and what is subject of mail?where did u send mails ?
View 9 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Paid the CC bill now...I don't think ECR team will help (more than 7 days without any further response from them) in getting my money back & can't take the risk of hampering my CIBIL just for 1 transaction...Let's see if/what ECR replies...If negative, will raise the chargeback with SBI...

Zero response to my complaints on National Consumer Helpline & PGPortal websites...These sites are there only for show like most other govt departments...

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Which department u forwarded to in pgportal?
View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
@G-Gowda It is better not to believe everything and anyone online. Because they don’t even care and one who suffer are we people.
Critic Critic
Link Copied

For pc components it is always better to stick to authorized offline big shops. You seem to be in Kolkata so just get anything pc component related from mdcomputers or vedantcomputers in Chandni Chowk. Yes their prices & offers won't match amazon but you will get at least peace of mind.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Yes MD Computers (& maybe Vedant too) also have their own websites so I can buy online from them too...PrimeABGB is also a very good & trusted site for PC components ...

Let's see, it will depend on what items I will need to buy...I know I can live without Amazon as I need to buy grocery & daily essential items every month & those I am buying from Flipkart & Bigbasket since last several months now as prices are way lower there compared to Amazon...

As an example, Just try checking the price of 5-10Kg Basmati Rice from Amazon & any reputed brand costing like minimum 500-600 for 5Kg Basmati when I am buying 10kg IndiaGate Basmati from Flipkart & BigBasket at under 650...So, Amazon sellers are charging 10kg price for 5Kg rice...

Critic Critic
Link Copied

India gate basmati mogra 10kg pack is 40 rupees costlier on amazon with price of 719 but its seller is ARIPL which is kind of amazon's own seller so check if in your locality amazon seller is ARIPL or someone else.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Just the 5Kg is showing @ 744...I think they charge whatever they want for specific pincodes...I buy Mogra/Mini Mogra 10Kg under 650/- from Flipkart & BigBusket...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/815242/original/Basmati.jpg?1665601770

The 10Kg Mogra is showing @ 660/- but with 728 Delivery charge LOL...This is height of scamming...Product price 660/-, shipping charges 728...😄

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/815244/original/Basmati.jpg?1665602085

The link of the 10Kg Mogra is below...I think if you check, you will see normal delivery charges...

https://www.amazon.in/India-Gate-Rice-Basmati-M...

P.S. I think these are from other sellers...Maybe Appario not delivering rice to Kolkata or to my pincode but I used to buy from him even like last 3-4 months back...

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Yeah seems like it is location/pincode specific.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Amazon tracking is still showing that the package is being returned to them but got email last night from ECR that the item reached their return center & they issued the refund...Also got email from Amazon with the details of the refund...So, will take 3-5 working days to come back to my SBI card... : )

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Amount received back in SBI Card today...

This was the email from their social media team when they denied to give me refund/replacements...

Hello Sushrut,

I'm Anish from Amazon India Social media team.

This email is regarding your concern about the different model received for your order #404-5121752-5761926 

As i have got an update from the concerned team regarding your issue that order was delivered to you correctly.

Hence we will not be able to help you with any refund or replacement.

As this resolution is certain, further requests to review your order for the same will not receive a response,
but we will be more than happy to provide any help you may need in the future.

Appreciate your understanding in this regard and looking forward to see you again soon

I didn't hide the order number above because this was not even my order lol & don't know which customer this order belongs to...I don't know what weed they were smoking..

Anyways, I badly wanted to send a strong email reply showing this guy a screenshot of the refund & the copy of the emails from their senior team, .i.e. ECR, but I resisted myself...

Waise bhi dusro ko abuse/disrespect karne se (even if they deserve it) khudki respect jyada nhi ho jaati... : )
View 2 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Not sure how i missed this thread. 

Even i had ordered an 1750 tp link for dad (Amazon ) . It was delivered in my native.

It came with original packaging with label on it. 

Thinking it's correct product and since i was busy, told dad will configure it later.

After 4 days i told dad, just open n see if it's same product. 

To my surprise, it was a low end model (1200 with broken antenna ). Raised a complaint immediately. 

They wanted me to write my name and date on a paper and share snaps.

They Said i need to wait for 3 days.

After 3 days they didn't get any update and again i waited 2 days. They made me wait actually. 

In the end they gave me an option to replace or refund. 

I chose refund for my peace of mind. 

Outer box was of ac1750, inside it was a 1200 router, probably someone replaced it earlier with his used product and Amazon sent it thinking return was successful. 

Ordered same from flipkart during this sale, got it for 300 less. Now I've to configure, send it to him. 

I would never accept a packet without seeing it. 

Amazon is notorious. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Amazon shouldn't sell non-sealed products to customers...If a customer is returning it, obviously the package wouldn't be sealed when Amazon receives it...Amazon can still sell those as renewed/refurb products to them who are buying them as renewed but Amazon should never sell these items to customers who are buying as new products...I think Amazon repack these customer returned products & sell those to us trying to pretend that these are new & sealed products....I had bought TP Link AC5400 router & they sent me AC750 router lol which went obsolete several years ago...

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply