A complete column of my Laptop keyboard doesnt function, HELP!

50°
Deal Subedar
4
1672
16

Could someone suggest anything apart from replacing the keyboard if anything is possible I shall give it a try before replacing my keyboard cry

12 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
1360
11

key u try to test keyboard? using softwares

56
946
12

Could be anything

1. Is there a dust beneath those keys
2. Are you able to push them
3. Cable part to that side may have got bad ..

Btw if you are window user you can use virtual keyboard .

Search for osk.exe andshould pop up..

6
418
3

In warranty?
Just replaced my hp laptop keyboard for free in warranty

88
876
7

I need macbook pro md101 motherboard anyone have ??
Help me 😇😇

68
542
11
vipin13 wrote:

I need macbook pro md101 motherboard anyone have ??
Help me 😇😇

which macbook model?

20
4686
35

Every Key on your keyboard is connected to a circuit, which is divided into rows and colums. I think one of those circuits is broken, hence the entire column is not working. You can try cleaning the ribbon cable joints and see if it works. Else, the only option left is to replace the keyboard.

4
1672
16

Thankyou for feedback all and @shoaibmax @jazz09 – my keys start working randomly but yes they are clickable and am cuurently using external keyboard (all keys work in software)

177
1145
13
parikhmanaal156 wrote:

Thankyou for feedback all and @shoaibmax @jazz09 – my keys start working randomly but yes they are clickable and am cuurently using external keyboard (all keys work in software)

What u did exactly

4
1672
16
Expand
iamshashikant wrote:

What u did exactly

I tried reinstalling drivers, tried an on-screen keyboard and an external keyboard. However, I haven’t tried opening the laptop have to go to a computer technician for that.

177
1145
13
Expand
parikhmanaal156 wrote:

I tried reinstalling drivers, tried an on-screen keyboard and an external keyboard. However, I haven’t tried opening the laptop have to go to a computer technician for that.

Which ? Drivers? Tell me

4
1672
16
Expand
iamshashikant wrote:

Which ? Drivers? Tell me

I am not sure which ones exactly but during booting I tried to run limited or restricted mode deleted drivers retried using normal mode and reinstalled drivers (especially the keyboard ones tried to look for its updates as well)

Missing