Hot Deal

A finance Noob here, need advice!

547°
Blogger
flawlessking

Well I traded F&O in past but that was completely a different ball game, I want to start investing in equity now! And I really dont know how to go about (Not technically), like what are good stocks and what parameters need to be checked, some talk about dividends (No idea how it works) but would like to have stocks which pays dividends..

Stocks: 10 stocks
Time frame: 10 years
Investment: 10 lacs

Also would like to Invest crypto currency.
Time frame : 10 years
Investment: 1 lac
again, no expertise..

Pls guide.

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
49 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
  • Sort By
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
tappukepapa wrote:

Following
@bikidas2060 @MrKool_JJ

You should be an expert in Equity then only even think of trading in F&O or else… (you know what will happen) o.O
PS – I still consider myself a big NOOB in this field so chill no one is born with a golden spoon in his mouth :D
HA for visibility biggrin

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

First of all, this is not something which someone can answer in single post. 

Best way to learn is start with Paper trading (not with actual money).

If you don’t want to deal with Equity directly, you can choose to go with MF (long term only)

Couple of stocks you can give thoughts are:

IEX, CDSL, CAMS, Asian Paints, Pidilite, LTTS, Mindtree, Infosys, TCS, HCL, Berger Paints, Kotak Mahindra Bank

Couple of Dividend stocks:

ITC, SJVN

For Crypto, please try to limit allocation to 5% of your total portfolio max. Too much volatile.

You can use Coinswitch Kuber, Vauld or Wazirx applications.

Top cryptos are: Bitcoin, Etherium, Cardeno

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Nothing can be said about crypto one day its 20% down next day its 10% up or it can continously crash like now from 69k$ to 33k$ without any major retracement,
One thing i can suggest is go for trendy coins for 1yr returns most of them go bust other than the top 10 ,like now the the trend is Metaveese coins like Sand,Mana and few other coins like Atom,FTM,Sushi these look the strongest even during this downtrend.Or if you just wish to play safe Btc and eth are always there you cant go wrong with them for lohg periods of time.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

ESAB welding company

GMM and HLE Glasscoat Medical grade glass vessel 

Tata Motors Vroom Vroom

Siemens hand in multiple sectors

Polycab Cable manufacturing giant

MRF tyre giant

Hindustan Foods Contract manufacturer for kinds like Hindustan Unilever

Hindustan Unilever

HDFC Life

ICICIGI

Navin Flourine Flouride Giant

Asalcbr alcohol company

Varun Beverages Pepsi

Dixon Electronics equipment contract manufacturing

TCS

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Don’t check for anyone’s stock picks. No one can say which stock can go up when. It depends on how fundamentally a stock is, how monopoly they are, how much growth they have in terms of profits and revenue, how much they are expanding as company, how frequent they are paying dividends, how much Fll/DlI holding, promoter holdings as wells as how does the stock is pricing technically…there are many factors buddy…you have to consider and many factors…they are many stocks like EV stocks, theme monopoly stocks, large cap stocks, which you can consider in your initial period with some risk and patience… .

Otherwise go with Mutual funds or small cases or index funds or ETFs(Nifty bees, bank bees, gold bees, junior bees) where you have less risk and no need to work from your side. .  As per your timeline, I can recommend few.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

I would like to add one important point. It’s very easy to say to hold a stock for 10 years. But easier said than done. Secondly no one knows what will exactly happen to a company after 10 years except God. So the basic thing is you buy a stock Based on whatever parameters suits you best (Based on fundamentals/technicals) & as the company progress your conviction get increased so does your holding period & you continue to hold it for longer. That’s how a couple of stock will turned into a multibagger.

And I can see from your post you are new to market. Yaha 5-10% ki correction aayegi or tumhari 10 saal ki conviction 10 minute mai khatam ho jayegi. So follow the basic don’t get into such long term time frame or multibagger thing.

Baaki phir bhi multibagger chaiye ho twitter pe chale jao waha bhot 10x, 100x waale stock mil jayege.

@guest_999

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
jaybro wrote:

Don’t check for anyone’s stock picks. No one can say which stock can go up when. It depends on how fundamentally a stock is, how monopoly they are, how much growth they have in terms of profits and revenue, how much they are expanding as company, how frequent they are paying dividends, how much Fll/DlI holding, promoter holdings as wells as how does the stock is pricing technically…there are many factors buddy…you have to consider and many factors…they are many stocks like EV stocks, theme monopoly stocks, large cap stocks, which you can consider in your initial period with some risk and patience… .

Otherwise go with Mutual funds or small cases or index funds or ETFs(Nifty bees, bank bees, gold bees, junior bees) where you have less risk and no need to work from your side. .  As per your timeline, I can recommend few.

Can you recommend some MF’s for 7 years and 10 years please.

Monthly I can invest about 50k each. Thanks

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kingkhan9 wrote:

Can you recommend some MF’s for 7 years and 10 years please.

Monthly I can invest about 50k each. Thanks

Simplest advice, invest in nifty index MF. An index MF invest in only the companies which make up the index in exactly the ratio of their weightage. For example, Reliance industries currently has around 10% weightage in nifty index while HDFC has around 9% so an index MF will invest 10% of its total corpus in Reliance & 9% in HDFC. You don’t need to check individual companies performance as index gets updated every quarter & you only need to check on index which MF is tracking(nifty in this case). No matter what happens or when, as long as nifty index increases then your index MF investment value increases & you can be almost certain that NIFTY index 10-15 years from now will certainly be much higher than what it is today.


@malikcool

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Simplest advice, invest in nifty index MF. An index MF invest in only the companies which make up the index in exactly the ratio of their weightage. For example, Reliance industries currently has around 10% weightage in nifty index while HDFC has around 9% so an index MF will invest 10% of its total corpus in Reliance & 9% in HDFC. You don’t need to check individual companies performance as index gets updated every quarter & you only need to check on index which MF is tracking(nifty in this case). No matter what happens or when, as long as nifty index increases then your index MF investment value increases & you can be almost certain that NIFTY index 10-15 years from now will certainly be much higher than what it is today.


@malikcool

+1 For such long term time frame index fund is the way to go.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Simplest advice, invest in nifty index MF. An index MF invest in only the companies which make up the index in exactly the ratio of their weightage. For example, Reliance industries currently has around 10% weightage in nifty index while HDFC has around 9% so an index MF will invest 10% of its total corpus in Reliance & 9% in HDFC. You don’t need to check individual companies performance as index gets updated every quarter & you only need to check on index which MF is tracking(nifty in this case). No matter what happens or when, as long as nifty index increases then your index MF investment value increases & you can be almost certain that NIFTY index 10-15 years from now will certainly be much higher than what it is today.


@malikcool

Thanks for your valuable input mate. Much appreciated. Now which one is the best Nifty index fund? There are so many companies providing this service and I seriously go mad when I try to search for them

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
kingkhan9 wrote:

Thanks for your valuable input mate. Much appreciated. Now which one is the best Nifty index fund? There are so many companies providing this service and I seriously go mad when I try to search for them

Look for Nifty ETFs (one with lowest expense ratio)

Kolkata Knight Riders Kolkata Knight Riders
Link Copied

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I was looking for some investment related suggestions myself. I would like to invest 5-6k on monthly basis. I do not have any savings, so one-time or bulk investment is out of the question. Utmost security is vital here. Otherwise I would have invested in stock market just mostly like everyone else. I come from a experience where my parent had lost more than a million in stock market, so I do not wish evil route again.

What are my options here? I wanted to invest some behind digital gold (after seeing a pop up on Google Pay regarding some MMTC stuff) but I see that it’s not a govt. approved route. Now thinking about some LIC or whatever. Please throw me your ideas.

Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

ESAB welding company

GMM and HLE Glasscoat Medical grade glass vessel 

Tata Motors Vroom Vroom

Siemens hand in multiple sectors

Polycab Cable manufacturing giant

MRF tyre giant

Hindustan Foods Contract manufacturer for kinds like Hindustan Unilever

Hindustan Unilever

HDFC Life

ICICIGI

Navin Flourine Flouride Giant

Asalcbr alcohol company

Varun Beverages Pepsi

Dixon Electronics equipment contract manufacturing

TCS

Why no RIL in this list ??

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
PappuPager wrote:

Why no RIL in this list ??

#personalChoice I guess
Not everyone has RIL in their portfolio

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
ithehappy wrote:

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I was looking for some investment related suggestions myself. I would like to invest 5-6k on monthly basis. I do not have any savings, so one-time or bulk investment is out of the question. Utmost security is vital here. Otherwise I would have invested in stock market just mostly like everyone else. I come from a experience where my parent had lost more than a million in stock market, so I do not wish evil route again.

What are my options here? I wanted to invest some behind digital gold (after seeing a pop up on Google Pay regarding some MMTC stuff) but I see that it’s not a govt. approved route. Now thinking about some LIC or whatever. Please throw me your ideas.


I do not have any savings
1st keep emergency fund  as Bank FDs
2nd keep 12 months daily funds as backup 

Go SIP route to any index MF with low tracking error  , ETF can sometimes be risky 
Buy SGB gold bonds  , investing in MF gold now is useless best time was 2019-2020
Go for bonds IPO 
and Finally if any thing left crypto 

Lic only tech plan is good rest are all useless 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

FnO is a game of emotions because of its expiry.
Another side is equity. If you don’t know chart reading, fundamentals, simple rule is- switch on alerts from broker apps whenever major stocks fall, buy it in the case planning for more than 5 years.

Patience, control of emotions will give the reward. Abhi bologe ki 10 sal ke liye chahiye aur 1 month baad loss dekh ke square off kroge to 10 sal me phir usi ko calculate kroge to regret kroge joy

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

here are few small cap suggestions 

PS : High risk But potential multi baggers.

Dynamic cables

Kelton tech

Sadhana Nitro 



Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kingkhan9 wrote:

Thanks for your valuable input mate. Much appreciated. Now which one is the best Nifty index fund? There are so many companies providing this service and I seriously go mad when I try to search for them

SBI nifty fund(Direct). In case of index funds you only need to look at two things: tracking error(0% tracking error means index MF value follows exactly the index it is tracking but due to various reasons this error can never be zero) & expense ratio(aka commission charges of any MF you invest in, more it is the lesser your final investment amt will be after years). This sbi nifty fund direct has best balance of tracking error & expense ratio compared to some other index MF which have one value even lower but other higher than this index MF.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Simplest advice, invest in nifty index MF. An index MF invest in only the companies which make up the index in exactly the ratio of their weightage. For example, Reliance industries currently has around 10% weightage in nifty index while HDFC has around 9% so an index MF will invest 10% of its total corpus in Reliance & 9% in HDFC. You don’t need to check individual companies performance as index gets updated every quarter & you only need to check on index which MF is tracking(nifty in this case). No matter what happens or when, as long as nifty index increases then your index MF investment value increases & you can be almost certain that NIFTY index 10-15 years from now will certainly be much higher than what it is today.


@malikcool

paji nifty mutual fund or sensex mutual fund me kaunsa acha ha? and bluechip funds bhi ache ha?

suppose after 10-15 when a person want to redeem to meet his life goal and then a crash happens,how to prepare for that

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

SBI nifty fund(Direct). In case of index funds you only need to look at two things: tracking error(0% tracking error means index MF value follows exactly the index it is tracking but due to various reasons this error can never be zero) & expense ratio(aka commission charges of any MF you invest in, more it is the lesser your final investment amt will be after years). This sbi nifty fund direct has best balance of tracking error & expense ratio compared to some other index MF which have one value even lower but other higher than this index MF.

paji tracking error kaunsi site se check hote ha

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
ithehappy wrote:

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I was looking for some investment related suggestions myself. I would like to invest 5-6k on monthly basis. I do not have any savings, so one-time or bulk investment is out of the question. Utmost security is vital here. Otherwise I would have invested in stock market just mostly like everyone else. I come from a experience where my parent had lost more than a million in stock market, so I do not wish evil route again.

What are my options here? I wanted to invest some behind digital gold (after seeing a pop up on Google Pay regarding some MMTC stuff) but I see that it’s not a govt. approved route. Now thinking about some LIC or whatever. Please throw me your ideas.

22g if u dont mind then can you share your parents experience in detail
mmtc-pamp is public private partnership. it is trustworthy but digital gold is not regulated also digital gold has high expenses. lic se door hi rehna.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

paji nifty mutual fund or sensex mutual fund me kaunsa acha ha? and bluechip funds bhi ache ha?

suppose after 10-15 when a person want to redeem to meet his life goal and then a crash happens,how to prepare for that

Pick whichever you like better, sensex or nifty. Both contains blue chip funds only.

Markets crash all the time, some crash are big & some are small. Even assuming the worst mkt crash of 2008 which hasn’t been matched yet it still won’t be enough to severely reduce the matured investment value done over 10-15 years period not to mention chances of such a mkt crash happening right when you want to withdraw are practically nil unless you are very unlucky in which case you would have other things to worry about even more.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

paji tracking error kaunsi site se check hote ha

On moneycontrol site/similar compare the scheme return vs index return(both shown in side-by-side boxes). For example, see below the tracking error for 1 year period for this index fund:


https://www.moneycontrol.com/mutual-funds/nav/s...


<a href=“https://ibb.co/Q...Kb”><img src="

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/737728/medium/8233086desidime-index-mf-tracking-error-01.png?1643303888


Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

1. Watch wolf of wallstreet

2. Invest in pennystock

3. Thank me

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Pick whichever you like better, sensex or nifty. Both contains blue chip funds only.

Markets crash all the time, some crash are big & some are small. Even assuming the worst mkt crash of 2008 which hasn’t been matched yet it still won’t be enough to severely reduce the matured investment value done over 10-15 years period not to mention chances of such a mkt crash happening right when you want to withdraw are practically nil unless you are very unlucky in which case you would have other things to worry about even more.

not to mention chances of such a mkt crash happening right when you

want to withdraw are practically nil unless you are very unlucky

paji mujhe meri footi kismat pe pura yakeen ha

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply