Add-on Diners Black Card Question

109°
Entertainer
102
4349
95

Friends quick question:

I have a DCB (possibly LTF). I am thinking of getting a free add-on DCB for a family member so that I can use the 10x monthly SmartBuy offer 2 times (primary + add-on card). [Customer care is saying that right now the add-on card is free, offer can soon expire.]

I read somewhere that add-on card has same number as primary card? If so, then I cannot use 10x offer 2 times and there is no point of getting add-on card. Also the customer care was saying that I will get 2k voucher free. Any details about these vouchers? I read these can only be got if I spend more than 80k in 1 month.

Overall, Is there any disadvantage of add-on DCB card?

@indiansoul @A2Zdeals @goss8877 @_One_Miller_ @rpal @AnnamalaiNryaa @kurk @amit3131

28 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
988
74

add-on card can be used like primary card but with HDFC you will not get any additional benefit cause it carries same number. Spend on both card will be counted as one.

102
4349
95
dearajay wrote:

add-on card can be used like primary card but with HDFC you will not get any additional benefit cause it carries same number. Spend on both card will be counted as one.

Wow. What games HDFC plays. And CC never tell anything about this. Ridiculous.

294
6811
72

Add on card member gets
-Unlimited Lounge access
-use at POS by entering PIN
3 add on are always free,
that 2000 voucher is a special one time offer running now
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/up-to-2000...
Edit:Expired now

if I spend more than 80k in 1 month==> monthly milestone benefits; check details in website

468
1483
15
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Wow. What games HDFC plays. And CC never tell anything about this. Ridiculous.

There are no benefits of add-on card for online purchase but it is useful for offline usage.

Add-on holder can carry the card and do shopping, you don’t have to tag along unnecessarily.

Also, The add-on holder gets free access to airport lounges

468
1483
15
caks2006407 wrote:

Add on card member gets
-Unlimited Lounge access
-use at POS by entering PIN
3 add on are always free,
that 2000 voucher is a special one time offer running now
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/up-to-2000...

if I spend more than 80k in 1 month==> monthly milestone benefits; check details in website

That add-on offer shared earlier expired on 30-sep. May be it is offered again butbTnC link would be different

102
4349
95
caks2006407 wrote:

Add on card member gets
-Unlimited Lounge access
-use at POS by entering PIN
3 add on are always free,
that 2000 voucher is a special one time offer running now
https://www.desidime.com/discussions/up-to-2000...
Edit:Expired now

if I spend more than 80k in 1 month==> monthly milestone benefits; check details in website

I quoted wrong post. Sorry.

102
4349
95
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

There are no benefits of add-on card for online purchase but it is useful for offline usage.

Add-on holder can carry the card and do shopping, you don’t have to tag along unnecessarily.

Also, The add-on holder gets free access to airport lounges

Useless for me then. I don’t require lounge access. I also don’t do offline shopping much.

102
4349
95

What question should I ask the customer care to get a confirmation if I will get separate reward points (10x etc) on add-on card for online shopping or not?
Currently they are saying that although the card number will be same but I will get separate reward points for add-on card (which I think is wrong).

0
988
74
Budhe-Baba wrote:

What question should I ask the customer care to get a confirmation if I will get separate reward points (10x etc) on add-on card for online shopping or not?
Currently they are saying that although the card number will be same but I will get separate reward points for add-on card (which I think is wrong).

u seem to be confused…of course add on card number same and u wud get rp as per total spending subject to card type limit.

203
2741
39
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Wow. What games HDFC plays. And CC never tell anything about this. Ridiculous.

nothing like game here.
Its like lack of information you have.

All HDFC add-on card have same number.
Further, nowhere they have mentioned that add-on card are additionally eligible for 10x offer. Bank are here to make money toungueout

0
2698
55
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Useless for me then. I don’t require lounge access. I also don’t do offline shopping much.

Yes bro, only real benefit of hdfc dcb addon credit card is unlimited lounge access for family member.

Offline shopping – not much use as u saif. plus we can give our own card if they stay with us.

0
2698
55
Budhe-Baba wrote:

What question should I ask the customer care to get a confirmation if I will get separate reward points (10x etc) on add-on card for online shopping or not?
Currently they are saying that although the card number will be same but I will get separate reward points for add-on card (which I think is wrong).

Primary and addon cards – Both have same number, cvv, expiry date. So for online, there is no difference or even way of knowing which card u r using (in ur mind) (if that makes sense)!!

So 10x offer practically or otherwise is on per user basis. Whether u have zero addons or 3 addons, it is same total capping and same identical process online for availing offer for both the users.

Calling cust care will add to confusion and waste of effort and time. Some learning possibly would be the only benefit!! Both not recommended at ur age i would guess:)

102
4349
95
Expand
rpal wrote:

Primary and addon cards – Both have same number, cvv, expiry date. So for online, there is no difference ir even way of knowing which card u r using (in ur mind) (if that makes sense)!!

So 10x offer practically or otherwise on per user basis. Whether u have zero addons or 3 addons, it is same total capping and same identical process online for availing for both users.

Calling cust care will add to confusion and waste of effort and time. Some learning possibly would be the only benefit!! Both not recommended at ur age close i would guess:)

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thanks. smile

102
4349
95
Expand
rpal wrote:

Primary and addon cards – Both have same number, cvv, expiry date. So for online, there is no difference or even way of knowing which card u r using (in ur mind) (if that makes sense)!!

So 10x offer practically or otherwise is on per user basis. Whether u have zero addons or 3 addons, it is same total capping and same identical process online for availing offer for both the users.

Calling cust care will add to confusion and waste of effort and time. Some learning possibly would be the only benefit!! Both not recommended at ur age i would guess:)

Customer care says that since the addon card will be in name of relative & not mine, hence both will have different total capping (because card#+Name will still be unique!).

So people on DD – if you have add-on card, do try this out. Maybe you are in luck. Who knows.

0
2698
55
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Customer care says that since the addon card will be in name of relative & not mine, hence both will have different total capping.

Hmm. You can try out. If you actually manage to get double capping or 10x points, do let us also know!!

102
4349
95
_One_Miller_ wrote:

OP have DCB and lieutenant banke khush ho rha he.

Whats the big deal in having DCB? Just like I have Amex, I have DCB. No big deal. Specially after its points have been devalued.
If you are thinking only big salary wale can have DCB, then you are wrong. laughing

35
8499
67
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Whats the big deal in having DCB? Just like I have Amex, I have DCB. No big deal. Specially after its points have been devalued.
If you are thinking only big salary wale can have DCB, then you are wrong. laughing

Jitna mila he usme khush rha karo warna Gabbar aa jayega 🤣

0
988
74
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Customer care says that since the addon card will be in name of relative & not mine, hence both will have different total capping (because card#+Name will still be unique!).

So people on DD – if you have add-on card, do try this out. Maybe you are in luck. Who knows.

take in writing on mail… use …and let us know.

294
6811
72
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Customer care says that since the addon card will be in name of relative & not mine, hence both will have different total capping (because card#+Name will still be unique!).

So people on DD – if you have add-on card, do try this out. Maybe you are in luck. Who knows.

10x is for online purchases through smartbuy etc and all it matters is card number.
HDFC never talks about add on cards during offer like other cards which specifically mention about add on cards are treated separately for offer etc.
CC was having fun, or recently joined HDFC from SBI/AXIS..etc and using experience to answer queries here smile.

53
309
3
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Whats the big deal in having DCB? Just like I have Amex, I have DCB. No big deal. Specially after its points have been devalued.
If you are thinking only big salary wale can have DCB, then you are wrong. laughing

How much salary needed for DCB?

102
4349
95
Expand
neo13 wrote:

How much salary needed for DCB?

I think usually they have high requirement (such as 1 crore per year or something). But i got during january when some offer was running and even a person earning 8 lacs per annum could get it then. Now I am not sure.

54
298
1
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

I think usually they have high requirement (such as 1 crore per year or something). But i got during january when some offer was running and even a person earning 8 lacs per annum could get it then. Now I am not sure.

Can you share the details/links even if expired of such a deal. 8 lacs for DCB smiling_imp

41
288
7
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Customer care says that since the addon card will be in name of relative & not mine, hence both will have different total capping (because card#+Name will still be unique!).

So people on DD – if you have add-on card, do try this out. Maybe you are in luck. Who knows.

That is false, addon and primary card has same number, same expiry and same cvv but just different name, 10x 5x offer is on online purchases and having same number any online txn cannot differ from one another that is Bank cannot ascertain if it’s done through addon card or primary as both have same details moreover otp comes on primary no matter the card used so by default they assume its primary holder who is using the card, Name on card do not matter as Indian cards do not have AVS system implemented like in USA and UK, so even giving a wrong name will work as they do not verify it. I have 2 add on’s but they share the monthly limit which earlier was 25000 and now meagre 7500, same with Infinia

102
4349
95
Expand
Dealhunting wrote:

Can you share the details/links even if expired of such a deal. 8 lacs for DCB smiling_imp

There is no link. My friend was a manager in HDFC. He informed me about the offer which was running only in January. He just said give me the documents and i will get it processed. I didn’t have to do anything.

102
4349
95
Expand
manav.choudhry598 wrote:

That is false, addon and primary card has same number, same expiry and same cvv but just different name, 10x 5x offer is on online purchases and having same number any online txn cannot differ from one another that is Bank cannot ascertain if it’s done through addon card or primary as both have same details moreover otp comes on primary no matter the card used so by default they assume its primary holder who is using the card, Name on card do not matter as Indian cards do not have AVS system implemented like in USA and UK, so even giving a wrong name will work as they do not verify it. I have 2 add on’s but they share the monthly limit which earlier was 25000 and now meagre 7500, same with Infinia

Very helpful, thanks. Kg. I have worked in bfsi earlier but still i was unaware of absence of this avs.

50
330
4
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Very helpful, thanks. Kg. I have worked in bfsi earlier but still i was unaware of absence of this avs.

I have DCB add-on card and on smartbuy u will not get offer twice….it is max 7500 points only per money…..whether u have 1 card or 4 cards. Add-on card is only useful for offline spends and airport lounge access for family members.

Missing