airtel fiber new plan 799 to 499 change query

157°
Missing
Deal Cadet
318
717
12

Airtel paid for 799 plan for 3 months.. activated connection last week with free installation.. can i degrade to 499 plan now? Will my payment get adjusted and it will become paid for 4-5months?
Anybody aware guys..plz help

28 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1114
7

Is it so difficult to talk to customer care and finding out available options?

Missing
Deal Cadet
70
145
1

499 wala bnd ho gya 😇

Missing
Deal Cadet
318
717
12
andromeda wrote:

Is it so difficult to talk to customer care and finding out available options?

Yes . Not getting option to talk to cc guys through their help section .

Missing
Deal Major
7,180
24009
302

Asked the same question to TataSky BB support & they only offered me a free plan upgrade
No downgrade / Payment Adjustment / Refund for Line cancellation

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1114
7
Expand
Dealkitalash wrote:

Yes . Not getting option to talk to cc guys through their help section .

The option will be cryptic to connect to care. Or raise a new connection request and they will follow you. You may seek answers then or a way to connect customer care

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1114
7
Expand
Dealkitalash wrote:

Yes . Not getting option to talk to cc guys through their help section .

By the way, mine is a postpaid and I’m able to connect as usual to the care

Missing
Deal Cadet
19
285
1
andromeda wrote:

Is it so difficult to talk to customer care and finding out available options?

Just go to option of broadband not working,, then you can ask your questions

Missing
Shopping Friend
14
4244
38
Expand
andromeda wrote:

By the way, mine is a postpaid and I’m able to connect as usual to the care

Yeah cause postpaid users are special to them.

Missing
Deal Subedar
107
1114
7
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Yeah cause postpaid users are special to them.

Very soon … Jio zindabad. I’m done feeding them

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
204
1

What are the installation charges or security deposit for airtel 499 plan?

Missing
Deal Cadet
318
717
12
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

@Dealkitalash
If you can see 499 plan in Thanks app plan change screen, you can change yourself and it’ll be changed immediately. Otherwise you can change by contacting Airtel cc.

Ya able to see it . Was worried about already paid amount towards 799+gst for 3 months.

Missing
Deal Cadet
318
717
12
thats_my_spot wrote:

What are the installation charges or security deposit for airtel 499 plan?

1k installation charges… No security deposit..

Missing
Deal Subedar
149
2297
36
Expand
Dealkitalash wrote:

Ya able to see it . Was worried about already paid amount towards 799+gst for 3 months.

No need to worry, excess amount will be credited back to your account and will be used for upcoming months bill payments

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
456
4

A relative of mine took Airtel broadband . The agent told if you take 799*3months plan you will get router free, but 1000rs installation charge will be applicable. i.e – 799*3 = 2397+18%gst =2828 1000rs installation == 3828 for 3 months (if opt for6months get7.5% disc /15%disc for12 months plan)
but if you opt for 499 plan you will have to pay 1000rs extra for router/onu 1000rs installation. Agent told 499 is a monthly plan and if you take 3-6 moths then also youhave to pa router charge.
Comparing both case for 3 months- 799/100mbps will be approx 3828
499/40mbps for 3months will be 499*3=1497
18%gst=1766+1000installation+1000router == 3766rs.
So I suggested better take 100mbps plan because you have to pay 62rs extra only after 3rd month downgrade your plan.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4990
63
Apun-hi-bhagwan-hai wrote:

A relative of mine took Airtel broadband . The agent told if you take 799*3months plan you will get router free, but 1000rs installation charge will be applicable. i.e – 799*3 = 2397+18%gst =2828 1000rs installation == 3828 for 3 months (if opt for6months get7.5% disc /15%disc for12 months plan)
but if you opt for 499 plan you will have to pay 1000rs extra for router/onu 1000rs installation. Agent told 499 is a monthly plan and if you take 3-6 moths then also youhave to pa router charge.
Comparing both case for 3 months- 799/100mbps will be approx 3828
499/40mbps for 3months will be 499*3=1497
18%gst=1766+1000installation+1000router == 3766rs.
So I suggested better take 100mbps plan because you have to pay 62rs extra only after 3rd month downgrade your plan.

Router is not free – we have to return router if we close connection.
T&C says router and Xtream Box remain property of Airtel always.
Anyone with practical experience? @thats_my_spot @manikantaks4u @Dealkitalash @PKMKB

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
32
3830
21

To avoid installation charges (1000) you can opt for 799 for 3 months and pay 2828 in advance


Shift to 499 after 5-10 days
You’ll be charged pro rata basis and The pending amount will be adjusted against the next bills


Benefits
1. 499 plan has installation charges even if you pay 6 months advance which become zero in this case
2. At my area choosing 499 meant installation of DSL and not fiber (not sure if that’s true for the rest – doesn’t seem to be but didn’t argue as I went for 799 anyways)
- This would mean installation again if you want to upgrade and then again paying of 3 months advance

@caks2006407 you’re correct that router is never ours and will always be taken back when you get the disconnection done.

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
456
4
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Router is not free – we have to return router if we close connection.
T&C says router and Xtream Box remain property of Airtel always.
Anyone with practical experience? @thats_my_spot @manikantaks4u @Dealkitalash @PKMKB

I have 3 airtel router. Took 3 connections on different family member adhar. If you take 799rs for 3 month it will work for 5 month or more till the airtel disconnects the connection. Never returned a single router. For 2 routers no one came for picking it back. For 3rd one he came asking to pay bill. I said I don’t want to he asked for router then I asked give back my installation money. sunglasses

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
456
4
thunderguy wrote:

To avoid installation charges (1000) you can opt for 799 for 3 months and pay 2828 in advance


Shift to 499 after 5-10 days
You’ll be charged pro rata basis and The pending amount will be adjusted against the next bills


Benefits
1. 499 plan has installation charges even if you pay 6 months advance which become zero in this case
2. At my area choosing 499 meant installation of DSL and not fiber (not sure if that’s true for the rest – doesn’t seem to be but didn’t argue as I went for 799 anyways)
- This would mean installation again if you want to upgrade and then again paying of 3 months advance

@caks2006407 you’re correct that router is never ours and will always be taken back when you get the disconnection done.

for 799 or above plan they give router for free. 1000rs installation is charged every time.
It may depend on the provider, in my city, he is taking installation fee.

Missing
Deal Subedar
149
2297
36
Expand
Apun-hi-bhagwan-hai wrote:

for 799 or above plan they give router for free. 1000rs installation is charged every time.
It may depend on the provider, in my city, he is taking installation fee.

I didn’t pay any installation fee, opted 999 plan 3 months. Not charged for router too. After a month I downgraded to 499 plan.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4990
63
Expand
Apun-hi-bhagwan-hai wrote:

I have 3 airtel router. Took 3 connections on different family member adhar. If you take 799rs for 3 month it will work for 5 month or more till the airtel disconnects the connection. Never returned a single router. For 2 routers no one came for picking it back. For 3rd one he came asking to pay bill. I said I don’t want to he asked for router then I asked give back my installation money. sunglasses

Great info! So 3rd router also not taken back?
Sry, can’t give K right now

Missing
Deal Subedar
181
1636
29

I had airtel 6 months 799 plan.. with pre 6 month discount it was set to around 700 per month.. it was a month remaining for me and i changed my plan to 589(499+gst) and it increases validity by 6 days.. with the balance amount

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
456
4
chiraggyl170 wrote:

I had airtel 6 months 799 plan.. with pre 6 month discount it was set to around 700 per month.. it was a month remaining for me and i changed my plan to 589(499+gst) and it increases validity by 6 days.. with the balance amount

tell the process plz
I can’t find downgrade option in thanks app

Missing
Deal Subedar
181
1636
29
Expand
Apun-hi-bhagwan-hai wrote:

tell the process plz
I can’t find downgrade option in thanks app

Download airtel thanks app.. go to help and support.. then.. i want to change my bill plan.. select 589 rs plan

Missing