Hot Deal

airtel fiber new plan 799 to 499 change query

2616°
Beacon
Dealkitalash

Airtel paid for 799 plan for 3 months.. activated connection last week with free installation.. can i degrade to 499 plan now? Will my payment get adjusted and it will become paid for 4-5months?
Anybody aware guys..plz help

38 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Is it so difficult to talk to customer care and finding out available options?

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Yes . Not getting option to talk to cc guys through their help section .

View 5 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

499 wala bnd ho gya 😇

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Asked the same question to TataSky BB support & they only offered me a free plan upgrade
No downgrade / Payment Adjustment / Refund for Line cancellation

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What are the installation charges or security deposit for airtel 499 plan?

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

1k installation charges… No security deposit..

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@Dealkitalash
If you can see 499 plan in Thanks app plan change screen, you can change yourself and it’ll be changed immediately. Otherwise you can change by contacting Airtel cc.

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

A relative of mine took Airtel broadband . The agent told if you take 799*3months plan you will get router free, but 1000rs installation charge will be applicable. i.e – 799*3 = 2397+18%gst =2828 1000rs installation == 3828 for 3 months (if opt for6months get7.5% disc /15%disc for12 months plan)
but if you opt for 499 plan you will have to pay 1000rs extra for router/onu 1000rs installation. Agent told 499 is a monthly plan and if you take 3-6 moths then also youhave to pa router charge.
Comparing both case for 3 months- 799/100mbps will be approx 3828
499/40mbps for 3months will be 499*3=1497
18%gst=1766+1000installation+1000router == 3766rs.
So I suggested better take 100mbps plan because you have to pay 62rs extra only after 3rd month downgrade your plan.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Router is not free – we have to return router if we close connection.
T&C says router and Xtream Box remain property of Airtel always.
Anyone with practical experience? @thats_my_spot @manikantaks4u @Dealkitalash @PKMKB

View 3 more replies
Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

To avoid installation charges (1000) you can opt for 799 for 3 months and pay 2828 in advance

Shift to 499 after 5-10 days
You’ll be charged pro rata basis and The pending amount will be adjusted against the next bills

Benefits
1. 499 plan has installation charges even if you pay 6 months advance which become zero in this case
2. At my area choosing 499 meant installation of DSL and not fiber (not sure if that’s true for the rest – doesn’t seem to be but didn’t argue as I went for 799 anyways)
- This would mean installation again if you want to upgrade and then again paying of 3 months advance

@caks2006407 you’re correct that router is never ours and will always be taken back when you get the disconnection done.

Link Copied

for 799 or above plan they give router for free. 1000rs installation is charged every time.
It may depend on the provider, in my city, he is taking installation fee.

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I had airtel 6 months 799 plan.. with pre 6 month discount it was set to around 700 per month.. it was a month remaining for me and i changed my plan to 589(499+gst) and it increases validity by 6 days.. with the balance amount

Link Copied

tell the process plz
I can’t find downgrade option in thanks app

View 1 more reply
Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

@Dealkitalash
So you downgraded?

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Yes