Hot Deal

Airtel fraud

1016°
Deal Subedar
Yt3

Hi fellow dimers,I have an airtel prepaid number in our family on unlimited plan and I have observed that the daily data quota balance is wrongly shown …for example yesterday night I have not used any data but it is showing 1.1gb left instead of 1.5 gb..this happens when you don’t turn off your mobile data before midnight. For example if i start using data from around 11:30 pm and say I have used some 300mb till 12:00 and if i forget to turn off the data before midnight this is counted in the next day’s quota. Earlier I thought maybe I was mistaken or it happened accidentally but of late this happened many times. I have complained to them on twitter but they fail to acknowledge the issue. I have already ported one number to jio and I am looking to port this no. too.
Finally if you are getting similar speeds and coverage on jio and chortel, always choose jio. Chortel won’t be transparent in this lifetime and will continue cheating customers

33 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Might be some issue with your mobile.
An app would have sucked your net.

I am using for 3+ yr. Never switched off net(just kidding). Never faced this issue.

Link Copied

No bro, that is not the case.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Firstly Dear STOP keeping your Mobike Data connection on your phone to always On ,Switch it off when not in use.this way you will not only save your data being used in the background constantly but also be saved from some unforseen mistakes. Also apps in background eat up the data and they update automatically if set so and also they backup (whatsapp ) data, and many things fraud likes always are mostly or at maximum during night if phone compromised.

Swith off Data when Not Needed.

Link Copied

That’s what I do, but sometimes for streaming or downloading I use this data, but this should not be the solution.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Check if any app is using data in the background maybe thats the reason your data is getting exhausted.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

That’s the case truly
But I think OP created the thread for a different problem, his one day’s data usage is being reduced from the other day’s daily quota. Maybe because his session is ending on the new day. But in any case, it shouldn’t happen like this.

View 3 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

It’s Chortel. They can do anything. I generally turn off Mobile data on the last day of pack expiry at 11.50PM and then recharge new pack after 12AM. Sometimes airtel deducts Rs.10+ from main balance citing mobile data usage during this period. Only they should know how airtel is able to run mobile data on my mobile even if it’s not turned on. I know it’s waste of time to talk and convince them about these issues.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

1925?

Link Copied

Use a firewall and allow only the apps that you need access to data.
On the hindsight its SHITtel haramkhor can do anything.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Google Datally earlier was there to take care of such issues by auto switching off data for particular time. Unfortunately, Google removed it from app store last year. Some other similar app would be helpful.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I have also done my phone early morning my data reached 90 % data reached no mobile data is on. how do happen ?

Link Copied

Check all the apps if they r using data in background and i will try to mention some of them
1.If u use Utorrent or any torrent application try to pause movie uploading after download (or use Utorrent pro) ,as it uploads movie from ur downloaded data anyway that’s how torrents work as of my little knowledge , correct me if I’m wrong
2.check backup settings in Google photos, sometimes ur downloaded movies will be uploaded there if u don’t turn off that particular folder backup.
3.Check whatsapp backup running in background
These are my own experiences

Link Copied

Thanks for your help bro but no apps are using any data, chortel is wrongly clubbing previous day’s usage with next day’s.

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

first of I will suggest dont get worry for that 300mb. Now a days data are on cheaper side. there are many net meters which will record all the internet usage of the apps. then you will figure out which is eating data in the idle time

Link Copied

No data is being used by apps bro, it is chortel which is counting the previous day’s data in next day quota. If this happened only once we can let it go, but every time when I forget to switch off data this happens.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Off topic – currently 399 plan is activated on my no. Which is expiring after 20 days ..I know advance recharge option is there but not confirm if it works on different plan also i.e for 598 ( & activated after expiry ) or only in 399 plan … also can we do recharge 598 plan form balance..? Any 1 can suggest

Link Copied

Yes, it will queue as long as you recharge with unlimited plan…check if recharge option using bal is available on airtel app.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I faced this issue 2-3 times back in February.

Link Copied

Chortel started reducing data since last week

I already had app to track data usage.It worked perfectly since 2years. (<20MB difference)

All of sudden I’m getting sms alerts without crossing 90% & 100% imp (>150MB difference)

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

+1 even I’m noticed something like this from few days .

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Bloody Airtel did it again. Deducted Rs.130 citing Mobile data. That was previous day’s data usage. Pack was about to expire, so updated all apps from playstore and turned off Mobile data at 11.52PM and suddenly amount deducted at 1.20AM. Asked CC to send minute by minute data consumption details but they say they cannot send and argue that I forgot to turn off data. rage rage

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Same thing happed to me today i used only 1.35gb out of 2 gb/day 1yr plan and the airtel gives me a message that you have consumed 90℅ of your data i.e, 1.8gb so where is this 0.45gb data go… And it is happening with me for last 2-3 days…

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Yes , I’m facing the same issue. When I speak to their executive , he said it’s your mobile phone problem or your app sucking the data. But i was having idea previous with the same phone and same aaps but there wasn’t any problem similar to this. I think Airtel looking us.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Yes , I’m facing the same issue. When I speak to their executive , he said it’s your mobile phone problem or your app sucking the data. But i was having idea connection previous with the same phone and same aaps but there wasn’t any problem similar to this. I think Airtel looting us.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Yes same issue happened with me and I complained regarding this but they said turn off your data before mid night and that is not their fault.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I also face this problem frequently. Data is wasted always. There is a serious issue with Airtel billing for prepaid data.

replyuser
Click here to reply