[Resolved] Airtel SMS not receiving

149°
Pro Community Angel
androgame

Not able to receive any SMS at all.
Tried airplane mode, restarting the device, re-installing messaging settings, but nothing worked
Outgoing sms working fine, calls (both incoming and outgoing) working fine
Have 49 plan recharged till 16 january. Ironically didnt even receive the complaint booking sms of airtel or otp of airtel thanks app.
Not working since yesterday, raised complaint with 121, anyone has any similar experience ?
Any solution ?

Edit- Solution from @andromeda worked
Change device and then insert in original device again

24 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
androgame wrote:

Not able to receive any SMS at all.
Tried airplane mode, restarting the device, re-installing messaging settings, but nothing worked
Outgoing sms working fine, calls (both incoming and outgoing) working fine
Have 49 plan recharged till 16 january. Ironically didnt even receive the complaint booking sms of airtel or otp of airtel thanks app.
Not working since yesterday, raised complaint with 121, anyone has any similar experience ?
Any solution ?

Send PORT sms, autmatically airtel care guys will call and resolve the issue

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

In airtel words, have you tried sim in different mobile sweat_smile
Problem is probably from airtel side.

For how long problem is there. Sometimes it happens that message are delayed may be 4 5 hours, not more than that.
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
ashish0193 wrote:

In airtel words, have you tried sim in different mobile sweat_smile
Problem is probably from airtel side.

For how long problem is there. Sometimes it happens that message are delayed may be 4 5 hours, not more than that.

have been over 48 hours, i didnt change any settings or device, it happened suddenly

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

Send PORT sms, autmatically airtel care guys will call and resolve the issue

Yeah, that would be the last resort, currently waiting for resolution of my first level complaint raised on 121

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

have been over 48 hours, i didnt change any settings or device, it happened suddenly

You can try putting sim in other mobile, but mostly that does not work. Only airtel can help.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Try changing network to 2g, that might solve the problem in case problem is with 4g.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
ashish0193 wrote:

Try changing network to 2g, that might solve the problem in case problem is with 4g.

I dont think thats the issue , i tried changing networks but problem persists

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Placing the sim card in different mobile and switching back to old mobile should solve the problem, faced this couple of times.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

Placing the sim card in different mobile and switching back to old mobile should solve the problem, faced this couple of times.

Havent tried this, will try now

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Havent tried this, will try now

make sure you receive any SMS on the new phone, send to self or initiate some transaction for OTP.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Havent tried this, will try now

Brother try to turn on roaming always on and also try manual selection of network if not solved.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
kamleshdd wrote:

Brother try to turn on roaming always on and also try manual selection of network if not solved.

Yeah, tried all these settings bro , no solution
Strangely , only incoming sms are affected, no other service

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Yeah, tried all these settings bro , no solution
Strangely , only incoming sms are affected, no other service

If u using android phone then u can try to change default messaging app to Google Messages from play store or others. Have u try with other sim like bsnl in same phone? Is this problem only on 2g network?

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
kamleshdd wrote:

If u using android phone then u can try to change default messaging app to Google Messages from play store or others. Have u try with other sim like bsnl in same phone? Is this problem only on 2g network?

Have both airtel and bsnl on same device, airtel didnt receive sms but bsnl working fine

Spearhead Spearhead
Link Copied

I face this issue regularly on airtel but only for amazon sms.
Looks like airtel issue

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

make sure you receive any SMS on the new phone, send to self or initiate some transaction for OTP.

This worked bro, thanks alot smile
Receiving old sms now

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
ashish0193 wrote:

In airtel words, have you tried sim in different mobile sweat_smile
Problem is probably from airtel side.

For how long problem is there. Sometimes it happens that message are delayed may be 4 5 hours, not more than that.

@androgame Isn’t this the same as what you considered a Solution (and probably gave credits).?

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
161508-v2.0 wrote:

@androgame Isn’t this the same as what you considered a Solution (and probably gave credits).?

cool Maybe I misunderstood this, the actual solution was to put the sim in other device and then insert in original device, just changing device won’t have worked, so airtel gave half solution smile
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:
cool Maybe I misunderstood this, the actual solution was to put the sim in other device and then insert in original device, just changing device won’t have worked, so airtel gave half solution smile

No, as the new handset isn’t the one you actually use, you will switch to old handset eventually (even if you find SMSes working on the new one) 😝😝

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
161508-v2.0 wrote:

No, as the new handset isn’t the one you actually use, you will switch to old handset eventually (even if you find SMSes working on the new one) 😝😝

Yeah, SMS don’t work on the new device until to revert the sim to old device smile

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Yeah, SMS don’t work on the new device until to revert the sim to old device smile

Then how can one change mobile with Airtel SIM if sms don’t work if we change mobile flushed

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

Then how can one change mobile with Airtel SIM if sms don’t work if we change mobile flushed

It works in general, but when facing this issue with incoming sms then it’s important to revert the sim in original device once

Missing