Hot Deal

[ALERT] HDFC Smartbuy Cashback for JAN 2021 credited on 30/Jan/2021

393°
Deal Cadet
DimeDime

Guys, check your HDFC Credit Card’s “View Unbilled Transactions” to see if your account has been credited with HDFC Smartbuy Cashback for transactions done in the month of January, 2021.
The transaction Description could be something like this: “30/01/2021 Smartbuy January 21 20

Enjoy smile

51 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

The cashback amount credited is also inclusive of the usual (not the extra 10x/5% additional one offered during the Extra Savings Day) cashback for transactions done during the SmartBuy Extra Saving Days(28/Jan/21 – 30/Jan/21)

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Haven’t received on my card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
raghupro wrote:

Haven’t received on my card.

It seemed extremely weird to me to see the CB credited so soon.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Surprisingly, I have received 2053.67 for my Regalia for which maximum cashback is 2k per month. Not sure how did it happen.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sardasa wrote:

Surprisingly, I have received 2053.67 for my Regalia for which maximum cashback is 2k per month. Not sure how did it happe.

Thanks for confirming. By now, I was starting to dread that my CB would go away and come back later. smile
KG’d.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sardasa wrote:

Surprisingly, I have received 2053.67 for my Regalia for which maximum cashback is 2k per month. Not sure how did it happen.

Did you buy anything during the recent SmartBuy Extra Saving Days?

Link Copied
Expand
DimeDime wrote:

Did you buy anything during the recent SmartBuy Extra Saving Days?

Nope. I did shopping on Amazon and Flipkart only.

Link Copied
sardasa wrote:

Date of transaction for which cash back has been provided for?

Link Copied
Expand
raghupro wrote:

January 2021 month.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
raghupro wrote:

For me, all of them were in January.

Link Copied

Nothing for me aswell. Dont see any credit txn

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Maverick_23 wrote:

Nothing for me aswell. Dont see any credit txn

pensive

It is all so strange to see CB credited so early.

Link Copied

HDFC crediting so soon for CC holders pensive

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

HDFC crediting so soon for CC holders pensive

This is totally unexpected.
Usually, when a complaint is filed to the HDFC Credit Card Customer Care, they just copy-paste the same response that the cashback will be credited after 90 days.

Link Copied
Expand
DimeDime wrote:

Usually, when a complaint is filed to the HDFC Credit Card Customer Care, they just copy-paste the same response that the cashback will be credited after 90 days.

for debit card too it should be quick

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
desiman wrote:

for debit card too it should be quick

Yes, that should be the ideal case, but for reasons best known to HDFC that HDFC wouldn’t implement such a reward system.

Link Copied
Expand
DimeDime wrote:

Back end team may have a lot of spare time and could have diverted their attention to processing these cashback since they are not doing any paperwork for onboarding new credit card customers stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

Back end team may have a lot of spare time and could have diverted their attention to processing these cashback since they are not doing any paperwork for onboarding new credit card customers stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Probably they are all busy all the time drafting draconian TnCs just like they did for the SmartBuy Extra Saving Days. rage

Link Copied
Expand
DimeDime wrote:

Probably they are all busy all the time drafting draconian TnCs just like they did for the SmartBuy Extra Saving Days. rage

I didn’t felt that they were complicated… May be because I only targeted the 10% off on  voucher offer

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

I didn’t felt that they were complicated… May be because I only targeted the 10% off on  voucher offer

₹100 cb offer on payzapp payment method should have been applicable to amazon GVs as well.

Link Copied

Hey and what about 31st Jan (today’s) transactions ? which month’s cashback would be counted in then ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

Hey and what about 31st Jan (today’s) transactions ? which month’s cashback would be counted in then ?

Given that it would still be “unsettled”, I will say that it will get added in the next month’s Smartbuy Casback credit as an additional “left-out” cashback for Jan 21.

This is all speculation, tho. I can’t say that for sure. All new territory here. This has never happened to me before.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Dont have any idea how they calculate however i calculate its less than what i should get

Missing