[Alert] Keep window door close AQI is (900-1000) in most of the cities

254°
Deal Subedar
Dealkeeper

keep window door close AQI is (900-1000) in most of the cities.

Cracker ban is gimmick

28 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Ab bhai jab kara humne hai to bhogega kon? Not only firecrackers r cause of pollution &all this….. Google it u will get to know about…ab jachte raho AQI 😏

T- time is over!! Now just measure it day to day & enjoy..the life…😐

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

It was 999 in west delhi yesterday night

Critic Critic
Link Copied

It is not 999, it is 1500 or even 2000.

999 is the measurement limit of the instrument. Because usually (outside India) AQI is 20-50.
Remember the Chernobyl incident where instrument could only measure till X while the actual radiation was 10x or 100x or similar and then the destruction was unimaginable. It is similar. It is a slow poison. You will only realise it after 20-30 years.

I can guarantee that our lifespan will reduce by 5-7 years just because of this. Several of my colleagues already have asthma. An elder relative of a colleague passed away last year because of excessive pollution-induced lung damage.

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Jokes apart, no doubt ofcourse crackers add to the already so much pollution caused by heavy emissions, stubble burning, private jets, eating beef, non veg, animal slaughter festivals, Christmas, New year eve and what not throughout the entire year. But i hardly see any activism then. This is not about defending my festival. I’m all in for drive against pollution, it’s been >10 years since I have even touched crackers. But this activism only for 1 day. Everyone starts caring for animals only on this 1 day but don’t see when animals get slaughtered in the f* name of religion, or when everyone consumes meat or beef, or owns private jet (kohli ass preaches about pollution, fucker has so many vehicles and probably a jet too). How come for only 1 day activism is done. यहां पर तो Hypocrisy की सीमा ही नहीं है. joy joy

Btw, this activism by librandus backfired instead. I could see many people who anyway don’t burst crackers, bought crackers and burst them. laughing

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Last I heard, Diwali wasn’t Festival of Crackers.

View 1 more reply
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Haan BC, for raising cattle the water requirements are high, but they see water waste only on Holi…… These activists don’t bark during other religions festivals…..

Generous Generous
Link Copied

LOL @ those peoples who thinks that stubble burning & crackers are major causes of pollution / bad AQI .

Link Copied

I also didnt burn any carcker and help nature.

Aisa nahi ki mujhe anar jalane me maja na ata lekin usse jyada maja paisa bachane me ata hai wink

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Gud anyhow u r helping nature to help u. Actually now people r thinking about why they’re disease of skin lungs & even eyes. Remember when we r where riding on cycle years back …& Now even if u go for a walk na u will feel tears in your eyes… Nature helped us alot bt we want devlopment at any cost & now we have killed the nature. Might be many of u may be aware & agree too that there are very less numbers of tree as per current situation & stilll on the name of flyover & electricity supply authorities r killing them like anything u can find alternative of life on moon bt u can’t find way to divert man made equipment & to install it u r killing nature & NGT is big shit!! Nor we general public can do anything due to lack of unity….. don’t know how we manage to survive in near future & nobody is there to help u on ground this is True….

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Of course the ban is a gimmick
How efficiently do you think states* had implemented “the green cracker” restrictions?
How would they even track the violators ?
Also there’s too much confusion regarding the green crackers.. personally never heard about them until the past week or so, wonder how many of these cracker manufacturers/distributors/sellers are aware of this?

and BTW ~1000 AQI happens only in very few cities (Like Delhi and some other Northern places) // It is ~70 here in bengaluru on an average but past 12-24hours it is 150-200 //
The thing about Delhi is, the AQI is ~1000 even before Diwali in some places (for various reasons) and if you had followed the news about COVID-19 related to delhi…about ~15% of the COVID-19 positive cases are related to air pollution
Now do the math..the AQI usually doubles during this festive season (regardless of localities as people used to fire crackers in busy/non-busy areas)..so what would’ve been the case of Delhi’s air quality and the condition of those people already suffering from COVID-19 or ailments related to lungs or those who had recently recovered from COVID-19? // Even Incense Sticks/agarbattis used for daily pooja can make people with dyspnoea restless (if there’s one at home) //
It would set new records right? AQI @ 1500?

Even one Indian Medical Association unit issued a warning recently that the temperature dip during November + the excess pollution due to firing crackers during diwali could make things worse for the vulnerable.. But who cares about what doctors say? smile

People love fighting for the origin of fire crackers (inconclusive arguments from both sides)
Comparing the phenomenon of firing crackers in almost every household* with other generic causes of air pollution.. reminds me of those people who dumps toxic waste in the vacant land next to their home and completely forget about the fact that there are the ones who is going to suffer much more than the others

Anyways.. this is what you expect from blind sheep right? smile
Whatever crime/shit happens, lets link to “R” and fight for the # 1,# 2 positions!

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

+1
People don’t want to know the fact.
Agarbatti and fire crackers make me feel like I m dieing.

I can confirm this happens only when firecrackers are added to cold weather.
No matter what, people will say firecrackers is just one part of problem 🙄

Yesterday even with ban people were burning crackers, rockets n what not ☹️

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Cracker ban is gimmick every year.
AQI touching 1000 hushed flushed cry

Critic Critic
Link Copied

There are multiple factors at play in North & north-west region – vehicle pollution, dust, crop burning, industrial pollution.

In your house always burn incense stick in well ventilated areas. Better still try to avoid it as plethora of chemicals are inside a single dhoop, agarbatti etc.

In your locality if someone is burning waste then call the authorities – there are rules in place. Ultimately mindset has to change & one has to take responsibility for their actions.

Link Copied

enjoy a lot in India
India future leads to asthma

Air pollution in India is a serious health issue.1 Of the most polluted cities in the world, 21 out of 30 were in India in 2019.23 As per a study based on 2016 data, at least 140 million people in India breathe air that is 10 times or more over the WHO safe limit4 and 13 of the world’s 20 cities with the highest annual levels of air pollution are in India.5 The 51% of pollution is caused by the industrial pollution, 27 % by vehicles, 17% by crop burning and only 5% by fireworks.6 Air pollution contributes to the premature deaths of 2 million Indians every year. Emissions come from vehicles and industry, whereas in rural areas, much of the pollution stems from biomass burning for cooking and keeping warm. In autumn and winter months, large scale crop residue burning in agriculture fields – a cheaper alternative to mechanical tilling – is a major source of smoke, smog and particulate pollution.789 India has a low per capita emissions of greenhouse gases but the country as a whole is the third largest greenhouse gas producer after China and the United States.10 A 2013 study on non-smokers has found that have 30% weaker lung function than Europeans.11

The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act was passed in 1981 to regulate air pollution but has failed to reduce pollution because of poor enforcement of the rules.[citation needed]

In 2015, Government of India, together with IIT Kanpur launched the National Air Quality Index.12 In 2019, India launched ‘The National Clean Air Programme’ with tentative national target of 20%-30% reduction in PM2.5 and PM10 concentrations by 2024, considering 2017 as the base year for comparison. It will be rolled out in 102 cities that are considered to have air quality worse than the National Ambient Air Quality Standards.13 There are other initiatives such as a 1,600-kilometre-long and 5-kilometre-wide The Great Green Wall of Aravalli green ecological corridor along Aravalli range from Gujarat to Delhi which will also connect to Shivalik hill range with planting of 1.35 billion (135 crore) new native trees over 10 years to combat the pollution.6 In December 2019, IIT Bombay, in partnership with the McKelvey School of Engineering of Washington University in St. Louis, launched the Aerosol and Air Quality Research Facility to study air pollution in India.[

Generous Generous
Link Copied

This thread shows the reason why Indian cities will not see reduction in the air pollution anytime soon, same goes for the cleaning of rivers.

The governments dont care about the health of the people, and the people themselves dont want to help by reducing at least preventable causes, finding all sorts of twisted logics and excuses.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

1 or 2 week lockdown might again solve such problems grinning

View 3 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

1 might argue….may be air purifier company manipulating aqi stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Critic Critic
Link Copied

What hope is there with our ever increasing population? First we burden & diminish nature with billions then rant about pollution…

Badhiya hai !!

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

How to explain bhakts

Generous Generous
Link Copied

As namazis, but not so threatening.

You’re welcome.

Link Copied

Bhakts- who doesn’t follow science and have fear of death.
Who killed other bhakt who don’t look like himself.
Bhakt is one who want to impress his god whole life.
Bhakt is one who want to go to swarg/jannat/heaven.

Religion is a Cancer
Bhakt/worshiper are the reason of cancer.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Amazing answers above by @getready & others by the way. I only read it just now, else I would not have replied.

Link Copied

Road pr pani ka chidkav ho rha h

Link Copied

rain comes

replyuser
Click here to reply