Hot Deal

Almost 200 Days of Corona affect in India, What has changed in your life? Share Your story!

376°
Helpful
hese

Hi everyone, It’s close to 200 days of pandemic life, which has disturbed our normal life alot. Many had to change/postpone their Aims and Goals completely including me.. So many were effected financially.. lost jobs, moved to diff locations, faced many other problems… here just wanted to share some views of mine.

First heard in Jan’20 itself, but the actual disturbance to our normal lifestyle has started in March’20. Starting with closure of Malls, Theatres, Walking Parks, Grounds, Schools, colleges.. etc.. and moved to Hometown in the third week of march till today!

Probably the first purchase after Lockdown is a branded mask..Savlon spray, 5-Litre Liquid sanitizer offline, then face shields, boro plus sanitizer (pack of 4), hand gloves, Pulse Oxymeter, vaporize, vitamin-zinc&c tablets and many other small stuff.. I think it’s already rs 21,000+ appx Corona expenses till now.. i’m sure if there was no lockdown or corona virus there might have been alot more expenses like Movies, Restros, Traveling, Shopping etc., in the last six months which will make your life with friends & family joyful.

Actually only best part i have felt in the last six months is staying in hometown together with family members after long time, missed them alot due to education in hostels for so many years, job in different cities, other goals etc.. met them only if there is any big festival or any other family gatherings like marriage etc..

Writing on DD after some gap..will try to post 2 new threads every week with various interesting Topics, Doubts, Lifestyles etc.. etc..if you do want to get tagged or any other issues please comment in any of my thread, please feel free about it. And apologies in advance if you are disturbed by my tags. Would love to see if any one shares their story/changes in their life post Covid-19. Hope this ends soon and we return to our old normal life.

Finally a big salute to every front-line worker(s), who are still working hard to make our future safe and happy.

27 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Silent Tags here!

Please ignore spellings/grammar above, would love to accept any feedback/suggestions.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Nothing much Changed.
#FarmerLife

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

One thing that’s not changed, infact the desire/wish grew stronger after these six months of covid life is to take up farming in future..

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Samose band ho gaye bhai apne toh 😭😭

Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied

Yaad mat dilao sob

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

COVID-19 has affected day to day life and is slowing down the global economy. Many local bodies are locking their population and enforcing strict quarantine to control the spread of the havoc of this highly communicable disease. COVID-19 has rapidly affected our work & businesses. Disruption of celebration of cultural, religious and festive events. Social distancing with our peers and family members. Many students affected due to School/college closures.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Okay, 2 marks for that beautiful answer. sunglasses Your teachers would be proud.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Fear is still here .

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Income dropped…. cry

Explored new business opportunities…

Generous Generous
Link Copied

For the first time spent more than 10+ days with the family since 2013

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

It’s been more than 6-7 months since I’ve ordered from swiggy/Zomato. sad
Used to order almost twice a week.

Link Copied

Before covid, it was once a day ordering from swiggy/Zomato, rest dine directly in the restaurants.
After, it’s 2 to 3 times a day.
Since I live alone, there is no fear of me killing others. sunglasses

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Yeah just one full year wasted that’s all. I personally was supposed to appear in a state govt. exam, then came March and lockdown. The coaching has remained closed since, indefinitely. So this year is wasted. Will appear next year. But tomorrow I’ll turn 33, so I’m tensed and sorta panicking as I’m running out of time.

Regarding other matters of life, well everything is put on hold really, legal matters etc. Problem is before corona when i was stressed i would simply go out and do as I fancy but now even that is not possible. Restaurant food is no go, bars are closed (even if they were open I’m not going anytime soon), have had to get my haircut done by mum as saloons are strictly no go; all these combined is a totally effed up situation.

Corona related expenses are there but good god not anywhere near 21k maybe like 5k or something, much less actually. I just keep buying masks and that savlon spray nothing else.

Main problem is, how long more? I do believe at least six more months, maybe a year if I’m being practical, don’t know. The virus and fear associated with it is only gone from our minds nothing else. I have no wish to catch the virus especially considering I’ve a senior citizen in house, so I’m keeping myself restricted within the house and going out only when absolutely necessary.

Really don’t care about world economy and stuffs, i focus on my own well-being first, everything else comes after.

Link Copied

Negative sides :
Got infacted,
lost a few family members,
salary reduced.
Lesser social life

Positives:
Got cured. Understood value of life much better than before.
Fresher Air
Spent time with Family
Reduced spenditure

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

I have been tested positive today

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Majority of people have left wearing masks, sanitization & taking precautions they are pretty normal now like there’s no corona anymore.
Now when I move out with a mask on peoplye stare me like I am some alien.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Damn True!

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Short story……. https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/645450/medium/images_%2830%29.jpeg?1603298918

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Missing maid cry

Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Missing restaurant food cry

replyuser
Click here to reply