Amazon a/c hacked LifeStyle GV purchased - Rs35...

Amazon a/c hacked LifeStyle GV purchased - Rs350 lost

151°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant

Finally its my turn now and my Amazon pay(Bal:383) was used(3:00AM) to purchase LifeStyle gvs Rs250 and Rs100
GVs were sent to:[email protected] which is unrelated to me or my friends…

1. My Mobile or email was not changed
2. 2-step verification was enabled by hacker and “Authenticator App” used.
I have never enabled this 2-step ver(regrets). Enabled now.
3. Called Amazon CC and complained. Amazon purged those orders and refunded within 2hrs
I was lucky, just paid Rs1700/- power bill so bal was less.

So dimers pls guess how it happened: will share required info
– This is my main account(non-Prime) with all genuine details and used only for normal purchases and recharges.
– Account is used only on Desktop at home, never used on any other device/app, never linked to any third party app.
– paytm, fk and 2-3 other websites(checking them now) shared same pass – learnt lesson, now no more common pass
- its tough pass so guessing not possible
I guess common pass led to hack or some bug in 2step-ver. But why hacker left 47/- bal?

23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Missing
Deal Major

// I guess common pass led to hack or some bug in 2step-ver. But why hacker left 47/- bal? //
May be there’s nothing he wanna get for less than 50rs and obviously he doesn’t wanna use his cc/dc/net banking for the balance amount

Missing
Deal Cadet

Isnt it more worrisome that password is getting copied through other platforms/apps.
How hackers getting access to passwords

Missing
Deal Cadet
insta wrote:

Isnt it more worrisome that password is getting copied through other platforms/apps.
How hackers getting access to passwords

This is dangerous. Storing passwords in a dump file is that a usual practice?, even if so what about email logins. How does hacker match pw with login id if pw is tough to guess.

Missing
Deal Subedar

Is there any data leak from amazon? Feeling worried when i saw amazon account hacked threads daily since 3-4 days.btw someone yesterday tried to login to my Snapdeal account 😆 ,i wonder what he/she can do with my snapdeal account 😅.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
rajarew wrote:

Is there any data leak from amazon? Feeling worried when i saw amazon account hacked threads daily since 3-4 days.btw someone yesterday tried to login to my Snapdeal account 😆 ,i wonder what he/she can do with my snapdeal account 😅.

I had exactly same mobile+email and passwd for snapdeal and Amazon.
I am suspecting someone is accessing the passwd dump from SD

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

I had exactly same mobile+email and passwd for snapdeal and Amazon.
I am suspecting someone is accessing the passwd dump from SD

But he/she did not able to login to my sd account.and ya, we need to set different pwds for different sites especially for shopclues and snapdeal.

Missing
Deal Hunter

This is bad! I’m waiting for some flash recharge deals and not paying any bills and two accounts have more then 1500.. Should I empty them out ??

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
rini50 wrote:

This is bad! I’m waiting for some flash recharge deals and not paying any bills and two accounts have more then 1500.. Should I empty them out ??

Keep unique passwds and if possible enable 2-Step Verification.

Missing
Admin

The only SOLUTION is to keep 2-step enabled for all websites where you have money.

Or use different password for each website and store all password in Lastpass or something like that and secure that with very strong password.

Missing
Deal Hunter
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Amazon keeps on pushing UPI too much nowadays. Is this recent hackings related to it??

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

plus1
Missing
Deal Cadet

No way, it’s not possible😳😳
In my case too the hacker left Rs.47 or should I say that Amazon blocked the account when Rs.47 was left.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
rini50 wrote:

Amazon keeps on pushing UPI too much nowadays. Is this recent hackings related to it??

I am unaware, this a/c has no UPI, and always used on same Desktop thru Opera browser.
I believe SD or some other website is the reason as I kept same pass for many wallets/sites.

Missing
Deal Hunter
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

I am unaware, this a/c has no UPI, and always used on same Desktop thru Opera browser.
I believe SD or some other website is the reason as I kept same pass for many wallets/sites.

I have same password for many accounts. But if I change everyones, it’ll be hard to remember all passwords. persevere

Missing
Deal Newbie

Same thing happened with me twice
First hacker purchase bigbazar gv of 1000 from my Amazon acc (in month of march)
I complained to Amazon they refunded the money and i enabled teo step verification

In first week of this month with two step verification active, hacker managed to login and order google pay voucher of 500 and bigbazar voucher of 3000
Again Amazon refunded the money but given no justification how acc info is getting compromised

Missing
Community Angel
shutapdiya wrote:

First hacker purchase bigbazar gv of 1000 from my Amazon acc (in month of march)
I complained to Amazon they refunded the money and i enabled teo step verification

In first week of this month with two step verification active, hacker managed to login and order google pay voucher of 500 and bigbazar voucher of 3000
Again Amazon refunded the money but given no justification how acc info is getting compromised

Get the account closed for once and create a new account with different credentials
If its a prime account, then wait for the membership period

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
androgame wrote:

Get the account closed for once and create a new account with different credentials
If its a prime account, then wait for the membership period

Yeah
Once i use all apay balance, i am gone close it

Missing
Deal Major
shutapdiya wrote:

2-step doesn’t make any difference..if the hack is going to happen via connected apps bug
Even without any linked apps…2-FA is still hackable
Interesting articles about “IMSI Catchers” & “2-FA”
https://www.firstpoint-mg.com/blog/what-are-the...
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyz489/hacke...

Missing
Deal Newbie

I saved all my password in Google Chrome inbuilt password save option. Is it safe?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Donald-Trump wrote:

I saved all my password in Google Chrome inbuilt password save option. Is it safe?

Its as safe as your pc is from hacker. Remember your security is only as strong as its weakest link.

Missing