Amazon a/c hacked LifeStyle GV purchased - Rs350 lost

221°
Benevolent
caks2006407

Finally its my turn now and my Amazon pay(Bal:383) was used(3:00AM) to purchase LifeStyle gvs Rs250 and Rs100
GVs were sent to:[email protected] which is unrelated to me or my friends…

1. My Mobile or email was not changed
2. 2-step verification was enabled by hacker and “Authenticator App” used.
I have never enabled this 2-step ver(regrets). Enabled now.
3. Called Amazon CC and complained. Amazon purged those orders and refunded within 2hrs
I was lucky, just paid Rs1700/- power bill so bal was less.

So dimers pls guess how it happened: will share required info
– This is my main account(non-Prime) with all genuine details and used only for normal purchases and recharges.
– Account is used only on Desktop at home, never used on any other device/app, never linked to any third party app.
– paytm, fk and 2-3 other websites(checking them now) shared same pass – learnt lesson, now no more common pass
- its tough pass so guessing not possible
I guess common pass led to hack or some bug in 2step-ver. But why hacker left 47/- bal?

23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

// I guess common pass led to hack or some bug in 2step-ver. But why hacker left 47/- bal? //
May be there’s nothing he wanna get for less than 50rs and obviously he doesn’t wanna use his cc/dc/net banking for the balance amount

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Isnt it more worrisome that password is getting copied through other platforms/apps.
How hackers getting access to passwords

View 2 more replies
Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Is there any data leak from amazon? Feeling worried when i saw amazon account hacked threads daily since 3-4 days.btw someone yesterday tried to login to my Snapdeal account 😆 ,i wonder what he/she can do with my snapdeal account 😅.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I had exactly same mobile+email and passwd for snapdeal and Amazon.
I am suspecting someone is accessing the passwd dump from SD

View 1 more reply
Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

This is bad! I’m waiting for some flash recharge deals and not paying any bills and two accounts have more then 1500.. Should I empty them out ??

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Keep unique passwds and if possible enable 2-Step Verification.

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Admin
Link Copied

The only SOLUTION is to keep 2-step enabled for all websites where you have money.

Or use different password for each website and store all password in Lastpass or something like that and secure that with very strong password.

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied

No way, it’s not possible😳😳
In my case too the hacker left Rs.47 or should I say that Amazon blocked the account when Rs.47 was left.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Same thing happened with me twice
First hacker purchase bigbazar gv of 1000 from my Amazon acc (in month of march)
I complained to Amazon they refunded the money and i enabled teo step verification

In first week of this month with two step verification active, hacker managed to login and order google pay voucher of 500 and bigbazar voucher of 3000
Again Amazon refunded the money but given no justification how acc info is getting compromised

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Get the account closed for once and create a new account with different credentials
If its a prime account, then wait for the membership period

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I saved all my password in Google Chrome inbuilt password save option. Is it safe?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Its as safe as your pc is from hacker. Remember your security is only as strong as its weakest link.

replyuser
Click here to reply