Amazon has gone nuts !!

211°
Entertainer
Budhe-Baba

Non-prime customer here.

i was trying to order 2 items (both are Amazon fulfilled & both are showing free shipping above 499). Total order value 2800. It showed me delivery charges 240 rupees (slowest) and 450 rupees (1 day delivery).

if i try to order individually, 1st item has free delivery (costs more than 500) and 2nd item has 40 rupees delivery.

i contacted customer care. They say only first order is free.

Has something changed in last few days? What is this crap?  😡

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/756266/medium/Screenshot_2022-04-01_205848.jpg?1648829875




Expired
25 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

You must have added three items to the cart; that justifies the total. Verify that again.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
TempAcc wrote:

You must have added three items to the cart; that justifies the total. Verify that again.

the 2nd order is a combo of 2 items. So yes there are 3 items. But since when is Amazon charging 80 rupees per item? My total is exceeding 499, so my delivery charges should be 0 instead of 240. What am i missing?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

the 2nd order is a combo of 2 items. So yes there are 3 items. But since when is Amazon charging 80 rupees per item? My total is exceeding 499, so my delivery charges should be 0 instead of 240. What am i missing?

You’re missing the product category, not all categories are included in the 499 shipping offer.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
TempAcc wrote:

You’re missing the product category, not all categories are included in the 499 shipping offer.

but both these items are showing “eligible for free delivery”.

And for the past 10 years, i have ordered random group of items. And every time the order value exceeded 499, i got free shipping, irrespective of categories.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Share the product links if it isn’t personal/private

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Item 1 – https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07W...Y7

/(it was a ghee earlier)

Item 2 – https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B083...5R

When I add the above 2 items to the cart, the delivery is free. But if you combine ghee with a beauty product, it will charge you delivery fees. So, the items from the same product category should be over Rs 499 to avail of free delivery.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Ransome wrote:

When I add the above 2 items to the cart, the delivery is free. But if you combine ghee with a beauty product, it will charge you delivery fees. So, the items from the same product category should be over Rs 499 to avail of free delivery.

And in addition to that, even if they are from same category, and if you choose to have delivery at different address, it will charge delivery charges for the item short of minimum order value.

@Budhe-Baba

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

This is pure extortion

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Talcum Powder is getting charged for delivery. Try the other combination!

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
Ransome wrote:

When I add the above 2 items to the cart, the delivery is free. But if you combine ghee with a beauty product, it will charge you delivery fees. So, the items from the same product category should be over Rs 499 to avail of free delivery.

Why is the delivery of these 2 specific items not free for me then? And for Andromeda? Ignore ghee.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Why is the delivery of these 2 specific items not free for me then? And for Andromeda? Ignore ghee.

Yes some issue with talcum powder combo. Ignore the combo and add individually the items, I believe it will work fine

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Why is the delivery of these 2 specific items not free for me then? And for Andromeda? Ignore ghee.

That’s weird. Have you logged in to your account? Are there any other items apart from these 2 (total 3) in the cart?


It’s showing free delivery here. I have a Non-prime account.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/756285/original/Screenshot_70.jpg?1648833294

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
Ransome wrote:

That’s weird. Have you logged in to your account? Are there any other items apart from these 2 (total 3) in the cart?


It’s showing free delivery here. I have a Non-prime account.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/756285/original/Screenshot_70.jpg?1648833294

no no. Till this page it is showing free for me too.

Go to the very last page. Then see the charges.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

no no. Till this page it is showing free for me too.

Go to the very last page. Then see the charges.

Okie, I see it now. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/756288/original/Screenshot_71.jpg?1648833818


The delivery should be free anyhow. The items are from the same product category and even if they’re delivered separately which usually happens, it shouldn’t incur any delivery fees.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

kyu chik chik krna h baba, prime lelo, mst raho

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

delivery charges are there for “seller fulfilled item” on amazon, even if u r prime or non prime, does not matter, it was costing me to 150 delivery charge for a “amul butter 100g which is on swiggy for Rs,49” . so u should go for item with “black fulfilled” sign if u r looking for free delivery. or u should go for items by click on checkbox at left side which says " prime" even if u r non-prime, click on it and see list of items and order them they will have free delivery

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
kirti.kapoor2 wrote:

delivery charges are there for “seller fulfilled item” on amazon, even if u r prime or non prime, does not matter, it was costing me to 150 delivery charge for a “amul butter 100g which is on swiggy for Rs,49” . so u should go for item with “black fulfilled” sign if u r looking for free delivery. or u should go for items by click on checkbox at left side which says " prime" even if u r non-prime, click on it and see list of items and order them they will have free delivery

Both items above are amazon fulfilled 

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Both items above are amazon fulfilled 

yes i know but try my other suggestion that works 100%…

Mumbai Indians Mumbai Indians
Link Copied
Expand
jileg wrote:

You should say “we”

May be you should say “us”
😄

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply