Hot Deal

Amazon runs away with pay balance after closing the account

595°
  • 4021
  • 87
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
    • Self Promotion : 1
Deal Cadet
Navan

Hi Folks,

Because of continuously experiencing bad services and practices, I have asked amazon to close my account and also delink amazon ICICI card. I have initiated the process of returning the card. They have closed my account without returning the pay balance added using bank account. There was no follow up email whatsoever informing me of the account closure.

When I contacted the account (un)specialist team, she said the money is gone along with the account. After saying this she has cut the call intentionally. We all know, when we close any bank account, the bank returns back the amount left in the account.

Any help in this regard is welcome. What should I do next, that would be effective?

86 Comments  |  
33 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

You showed Over smartness, now thats the result, Who told u to close the account, you could have stopped using the account instead of closing it..

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

You can contact on twitter or with ECR team

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

Bro atleast use amazonpay balance before initiating closure of account. Amazonpay wallet is not a bank account. Keep following up, one of these days you will connect to one of good guys who will help with resolution.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

What kind on nonsense is this? It’s not a transferable wallet or bank. If amount is from gift card or cashback (that also is gc) then they cannot refund to bank.

Everyone uses balance first before closing account. You could have done recharge and bill payments. It’s your fault, not theirs. They haven’t mentioned anywhere that in case of account closure balance will be transferred.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I disagree here. I did not feel right to continue with amazon for their bad practices. I experienced quite a pathetic service from them. I felt it is right to close the account. Note that I have been using amazon for almost a decade and I felt that they have degraded to the point that I don’t feel like continuing with them.

Note that I was always genuine with all my purchases.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
igen wrote:

Bro atleast use amazonpay balance before initiating closure of account. Amazonpay wallet is not a bank account. Keep following up, one of these days you will connect to one of good guys who will help with resolution.

I disagree here. I did not feel right to continue with amazon for their bad practices. I experienced quite a pathetic service from them. I felt it is right to close the account. Note that I have been using amazon for almost a decade and I felt that they have degraded to the point that I don’t feel like continuing with them.

Note that I was always genuine with all my purchases.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sauravDD wrote:

You can contact on twitter or with ECR team

I have contacted them and they did not respond to this tweet of mine…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
igen wrote:

Bro atleast use amazonpay balance before initiating closure of account. Amazonpay wallet is not a bank account. Keep following up, one of these days you will connect to one of good guys who will help with resolution.

Thank you. They are not willing to share email ids of their specialist team. I asked them to share the email ids of account and amazon-pay specialist team so that my interactions can be recorded. Instead of sharing, they are asking me to deal over phone, which shows their malice intentions.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
KrishabhAgrawal wrote:

What kind on nonsense is this? It’s not a transferable wallet or bank. If amount is from gift card or cashback (that also is gc) then they cannot refund to bank.

Everyone uses balance first before closing account. You could have done recharge and bill payments. It’s your fault, not theirs. They haven’t mentioned anywhere that in case of account closure balance will be transferred.

Before the account closure customer executive ask for several times and even tell the users that all the order history and stuff will be deleted and can’t be restored
I was told everything beforehand.

The op is making fool of himself

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How much amount stuck?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
KrishabhAgrawal wrote:

What kind on nonsense is this? It’s not a transferable wallet or bank. If amount is from gift card or cashback (that also is gc) then they cannot refund to bank.

Everyone uses balance first before closing account. You could have done recharge and bill payments. It’s your fault, not theirs. They haven’t mentioned anywhere that in case of account closure balance will be transferred.

I don’t feel it is non-sense from my part. We know there is gift card and money part of amazon pay balance. They can’t run away with money part of the pay balance.

It may be true (I have to check) that they did not say that they will refund money after closing the account. Neither did they say that they will not refund the pay balance after closing the account.

I mean when I say I don’t want to use their services.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
anantnitish wrote:

Before the account closure customer executive ask for several times and even tell the users that all the order history and stuff will be deleted and can’t be restored
I was told everything beforehand.

The op is making fool of himself

Unfortunate reply from the dimer without knowing the facts. There was neither call nor before/after email communication for closing the account. I have indicated all these things in twitter & email and CCd to JEFF also….

I reiterate, there was neither call nor before/after email communication for closing the account. Period.

Gujarat Titans Gujarat Titans
Link Copied

Amount bahot nahi hai to bhul jao

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Navan wrote:

I don’t feel it is non-sense from my part. We know there is gift card and money part of amazon pay balance. They can’t run away with money part of the pay balance.

It may be true (I have to check) that they did not say that they will refund money after closing the account. Neither did they say that they will not refund the pay balance after closing the account.

I mean when I say I don’t want to use their services.

Use your brain, it is a normal thing. Gift card cannot be refunded. You can do gas booking, recharge etc.
It’s their policy, they are not gonna make new and go to RBI just because you want to do such thing.

RBI clearly prohibits such action. Being an foreign company, they have to follow rules.

If it was so easy then everyone will close account and request for account transfer for using new user offers. Looks like you are completely noob or tried being oversmart.

What’s wrong with recharge, you should have used it for that purpose. rolleyes

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
KrishabhAgrawal wrote:

Use your brain, it is a normal thing. Gift card cannot be refunded. You can do gas booking, recharge etc.
It’s their policy, they are not gonna make new and go to RBI just because you want to do such thing.

RBI clearly prohibits such action. Being an foreign company, they have to follow rules.

If it was so easy then everyone will close account and request for account transfer for using new user offers. Looks like you are completely noob or tried being oversmart.

What’s wrong with recharge, you should have used it for that purpose. rolleyes

Let me make my point clear. I am NOT concerned about gift card balance; but, the money I added to amazon pay balance from my bank account. I guess you are aware there is already an option to request the money added using back account back to the bank account.

It is basic common sense to not runway with someone money. I am not asking gift card balances, I am asking back the money I added using the bank account. How is it noob? Clarify

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
Navan wrote:

Let me make my point clear. I am NOT concerned about gift card balance; but, the money I added to amazon pay balance from my bank account. I guess you are aware there is already an option to request the money added using back account back to the bank account.

It is basic common sense to not runway with someone money. I am not asking gift card balances, I am asking back the money I added using the bank account. How is it nope? Clarify

Can I transfer Amazon Pay balance: Money to bank?
Currently it isn’t possible to transfer funds from your Amazon Pay balance: Money to a bank account or a different Amazon Pay balance account.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
Expand
anantnitish wrote:

Can I transfer Amazon Pay balance: Money to bank?
Currently it isn’t possible to transfer funds from your Amazon Pay balance: Money to a bank account or a different Amazon Pay balance account.

Sorry there is an option :-Further you will have the option of closing such Amazon Pay balance: Money account. You can close the Amazon Pay balance: Money account and transfer the outstanding amount to your own bank account or to the payment source from where the amount was loaded. For such closure request, we may require you to furnish additional information (including bank account details) and complete your KYC.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Navan wrote:

Unfortunate reply from the dimer without knowing the facts. There was neither call nor before/after email communication for closing the account. I have indicated all these things in twitter & email and CCd to JEFF also….

I reiterate, there was neither call nor before/after email communication for closing the account. Period.

Sorry to burst the bubble here, did you keep all the facts clear here in your original post?

It may be genuine on your part, likewise it will also be genuine on their part unless we dig into the details, which are not presented here.

If they did not keep the information clear; meaning not informing you of what happens to pay balance, why don’t you keep it on your check-list to ask upfront to return the balance to your bank account?

Please be little gentle on whoever is giving you some leads/solutions/benefit of doubt. Sure the other persons wordings may be little aggressive, but start ignoring that for some time, and if that continues, then roll-up the sleeves.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Navan wrote:

I disagree here. I did not feel right to continue with amazon for their bad practices. I experienced quite a pathetic service from them. I felt it is right to close the account. Note that I have been using amazon for almost a decade and I felt that they have degraded to the point that I don’t feel like continuing with them.

Note that I was always genuine with all my purchases.

There is no wallet to bank in amazon services, you would have purchased first something then close

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Sorry to burst the bubble here, did you keep all the facts clear here in your original post?

It may be genuine on your part, likewise it will also be genuine on their part unless we dig into the details, which are not presented here.

If they did not keep the information clear; meaning not informing you of what happens to pay balance, why don’t you keep it on your check-list to ask upfront to return the balance to your bank account?

Please be little gentle on whoever is giving you some leads/solutions/benefit of doubt. Sure the other persons wordings may be little aggressive, but start ignoring that for some time, and if that continues, then roll-up the sleeves.

Note that I indicated in my original post “There was no follow up email whatsoever informing me of the account closure.” You can very well know who has been gentle throughout.

Note that, in general, account closing happens in 10 days. The webpage popped up this message while I requested closing of account. Unfortunately, the closing of account happened in three working days.

You may be interested to know that just now (9:01 AM), I received an email about " I am writing to you to provide the instructions to close your Amazon.in account." However, the account has been closed five working days back.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Navan wrote:

Note that I indicated in my original post “There was no follow up email whatsoever informing me of the account closure.” You can very well know who has been gentle throughout.

Most of the e-commerce systems are little different than usual. The usual customer care do not have access to an closed account. There will usually be a team of specialists who request the same information to another back-end team or something of that sort.

So as a result they cannot communicate it to you indicating the same. A system generated mail should have been better. May be thats a feed back for them. We know what happens with most feedback procedures.

And I’m not saying you are not gentle. You will/may see some aggression in responses. Ignore that aggression if possible, and question if any doubts. If the aggression continues, you can ether choose to respond that or ignore the response/user completely

Note that, in general, account closing happens in 10 days. The webpage popped up this message while I requested closing of account. Unfortunately, the closing of account happened in three working days.

3 is still within 10, so I don’t see any issue here. It is aproblem when it goes beyond the mentioned time frame.

You may be interested to know that just now (9:01 AM), I received an email about " I am writing to you to provide the instructions to close your Amazon.in account." However, the account has been closed five working days back.

This is normal, almost everywhere. People/systems don’t realize or care to know about the previous happenings. Hopefully AI/ML will take over.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

you should have made it clear what will happen with the balance if you close your account before closing… this is not some bank account you should have used the balance before requesting for closure 🙏

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

If the pay balance is added from bank then amazon should refund it to the source. if GC then amazon wish. I think we can’t live without amazon at least dimers!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Most of the e-commerce systems are little different than usual. The usual customer care do not have access to an closed account. There will usually be a team of specialists who request the same information to another back-end team or something of that sort.

So as a result they cannot communicate it to you indicating the same. A system generated mail should have been better. May be thats a feed back for them. We know what happens with most feedback procedures.

And I’m not saying you are not gentle. You will/may see some aggression in responses. Ignore that aggression if possible, and question if any doubts. If the aggression continues, you can ether choose to respond that or ignore the response/user completely

Note that, in general, account closing happens in 10 days. The webpage popped up this message while I requested closing of account. Unfortunately, the closing of account happened in three working days.

3 is still within 10, so I don’t see any issue here. It is aproblem when it goes beyond the mentioned time frame.

You may be interested to know that just now (9:01 AM), I received an email about " I am writing to you to provide the instructions to close your Amazon.in account." However, the account has been closed five working days back.

This is normal, almost everywhere. People/systems don’t realize or care to know about the previous happenings. Hopefully AI/ML will take over.

I appreciate your response. However, I disagree to the point where you say it is normal to close and then inform. I find inform and then close as normal. When there is no mechanism to address the wrong execution of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML) procedures, they become more harmful instead of being useful.

Further, when it is clear that the mistakes are being repeatedly committed and giving many gentle reminders are not being listened to then it is worth to take a step back rather than suffer more. This is my opinion.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Navan wrote:

I appreciate your response. However, I disagree to the point where you say it is normal to close and then inform. I find inform and then close as normal. When there is no mechanism to address the wrong execution of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Machine Learning (ML) procedures, they become more harmful instead of being useful.

Further, when it is clear that the mistakes are being repeatedly committed and giving many gentle reminders are not being listened to then it is worth to take a step back rather than suffer more. This is my opinion.

You already escalated it on twitter and to Uncle Jeff as well.

There are some portals where you can escalate. I remember pgportal, but I’m sure there are other related portals for e-commerce if pgportal cannot do.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

You should have used the balance first then closed account, simple.
Anyways how much you money lost?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Because of continuously experiencing bad services and practices

Can you narrow it down a little bit ? An average dimer says ‘amazon bad’ when amazon cancels their order of 13rs for price error product worth of 31,999. I am not sure if you’re not amoing them.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
TempAcc wrote:

Because of continuously experiencing bad services and practices

Can you narrow it down a little bit ? An average dimer says ‘amazon bad’ when amazon cancels their order of 13rs for price error product worth of 31,999. I am not sure if you’re not amoing them.

I made the decision to close amazon account when:

(1) Got a torn paperback book instead of hardcover though I bought the book with 7 days replacement only policy and amazon refrained to fulfill it inspite of the book availability. The customer support was hellbent on saying the product was unavailable inspite of me reading out the sellers and the prices,

(2) Received a item fully damaged and all over the packed box and unprofessionally denied replacement/return.

I simply said it is harassment and requested them to close my account.

Definitely, I am not one of them. Though, I would like to point out that, amazon cannot cancel an order due to pricing error; because, it is not in the policy. Now a days, amazon is saying the product got damaged on transit rather than pricing error as the reason for cancellation.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Amazon rejecting returns and refunds is the outcome of shitty people who have abused the system a lot and now even genuine returns/refunds get f**ked.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply