Amazon Wishlist - Someone may have bought this for you...

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1712
13

There is a Mobile Holder on my wishlist at Amazon. When I click on it to open, I get the message ""Someone may have bought this for you… "
There is a link below that says “Tell me if this was purchased”. Clicking it reveals It was bought. See Image.
Did anything of this sort happen with you? And does this mean someone bought it for me or for themselves from my wishlist? It’s a public wishlist btw.

https://imgur.com/a/p...at

I pasted the image url. Don’t know how else to post images here.

4 Comments  |  
3 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
9
2354
24

Someone should have bought this to gift you or they may checked your wishlist-item before purchasing the item (not sure about 2nd one)

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
balu44 wrote:

Someone should have bought this to gift you or they may checked your wishlist-item before purchasing the item (not sure about 2nd one)

exactly, If the wishlist is not private, anyone with your emailID can see your wishlist items. and if bought by the person may show that it was bought for you.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1712
13
Expand
161508 wrote:

exactly, If the wishlist is not private, anyone with your emailID can see your wishlist items. and if bought by the person may show that it was bought for you.

I don’t think you need email id to view wishlists. You can view public wishlists of anyone on amazon. I hope Amazon isn’t playing April Fool in October.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
4245
59
Expand
cocay wrote:

I don’t think you need email id to view wishlists. You can view public wishlists of anyone on amazon. I hope Amazon isn’t playing April Fool in October.

I haven’t tried for public wishlists… but tried with email id of a friend..

Missing