Amex 1000 bonus points on 20K monthly spends

220°
Deal Cadet
prabhagar

I happened to run into this page (link below) and there’s a link to enroll for 1000 bonus points for 20000+ monthly spends. Since it does not mention eligibility of existing cards and/or monthly vs one time offer, I went ahead and enrolled it. To my surprise, I got 1000 bonus points immediately because my spends were above 20K in November already.

Anyone knows if this is a bug or if all cards are allowed to enroll every month and claim this bonus?

https://www.americanexpress.com/in/benefits/mem...

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/723715/medium/IMG_20211119_170839_079.jpg?1637321954

20 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

This is a feature of amex MRCC card added in last update of t&c

Mostly like these points are for oct. transactions
(Generally points are credited in the next month)

You must have also enrolled in Oct?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Spot on. I did enroll in Oct as well.

@BlueFlash, Thank you, I will set a reminder to register every month. Would be helpful if they had a banner/link on our ‘My Account’ page. For now, I have bookmarked the enrollment link.

Thanks guys for clarifying!

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Good Morning smile
It’s been a part of Amex benefit since sometime (when they increased from the 1000×4 to 1500×4, that time only they introduced it); However we need to enroll for it each month every time.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Really? Every month? I thought it was an one-time thing.

View 3 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

i have enrolled only once and received bonus points for 2-3 months.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thanks for the replies all of you.. Glad to know we don’t have to enroll every month. plus1

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Its one time enrollement and u qualify if u spent above 20k

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Are spends on supplementary card also included , as enrolment is only for primary cards.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Did anyone know the answer for this.

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

I use it for my company, so no issues for me.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Any better option to spend 20k amount every month.Please suggest.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Intermiles..Buy Amazon GV using cred pay with 5% discount..valid 2 times per month. So you can easily spend 10k with that…5k with mobikwik wallet load..rest 5k with misc…doing this for last 2 months..best option as per my opinion

View 1 more reply
Wingman Wingman
Link Copied

Can anyone tell me if is there any free amex cards as i want to take one  or anyone pls provide refferal if any benifit

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Amex ban is going on for new cards.

replyuser
Click here to reply