Amex Fraud protection Alert email & SMS for 153 EURO

174°
Beacon
drjpatwa

Received this mail from Amex.

To Protect our Cardmembers, we regularly monitor accounts for possible fraudulent activity. We are contacting you today as we would like to review certain charge attempts on your card with you.

We would appreciate if you could contact us at your earliest convenience on (91) 124 4190414. You can also reach us by calling the telephone number on the back of your card.

If we have already reached you in regards to this matter, please disregard this email.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Yours sincerely

Also received sms about some 159 Euro transaction done on APP Mobile which I haven’t done.

Thankfully Amex already declined this transaction & replaced my card.

Beware guys. May be Mobikwik is culprit here ?

16 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

i recently started getting whatsapp message and call from non 91 numbers. Definitely mobidick is a contributor here.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Me too

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Mobid**k 10 rupay k cashback me apki jaydaad k kagaj bhi leleta hai

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/677870/medium/IMG_20210411_112857.jpg?1618295263

Critic Critic
Link Copied

As expected, AMEX has the best customer support & latest fraud detection system. People only understand the worth of such concepts when facing situations like these, had it been some other “good reward giving” card with some other bank then you would know the pain of reversing such charge.

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Yes definitely. The way they talk that itself gives u immense satisfaction about how they care about customer. She clearly told that I needn’t to worry for any fraud transaction as I m 100% cover against fraud in Amex which is not the case with other CC.

If same would have happened in other CC, they would say "Welcome aap ******* ban gaye ho, isi liye aap ko fraud protection plan purchase karna chahiye tha humara’’ !!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Wow. Hats off to amex. But how did hackers do transactions. Didnt u guys turn off international transaction ?

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Tried but not possible to block International txns
I wonder how they are not following RBI guidelines

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

These days data breaches are high in number.
Yesterday i got a message that i have entered wrong pin using my credit card. But the fact is I have not used my card even once in last 7 days and it is safe with me. So somewhere the data is leaked, I am highly suspicious of Flipkart account

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Good share. Where else have u saved the card on websites ?

View 3 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply