An Amazon Seller Request to Cancel Order What Should I Do ?

251°
Deal Cadet
144
471
7

Received This on My WHATSAPP Number
This is Ranjeet Kumar from madhusudhan enterprises bangalore. You had ordered a power strip GM 3060 4+1 On AMAZON, due to some technical issue the rate was set to 25/- per pc. But the actual rate of the product is 300 so we request you to please cancel the order from the amazon portal. Else we will be occuring a huge loss. We request you to please cancel this order madam.

What Should I Do ?

39 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
  • Sort By
69
272
2

Do cancel if price is really 300rs…

148
2928
47

I think if sellers cancels it from their end, then it will affect their internal ratings.
If customer cancels the order, then seller won’t be affected.

I doubt the seller will cancel the order themselves as 300 Rs loss isn’t a big amount.

It is your call whether you want to cooperate with seller or get the product for 25 Rs.

294
6877
72
shubhamgarg19 wrote:

Do cancel if price is really 300rs…

What if they did intentionally to collect numbers and traffic..anyways good if cancelled by OP

69
272
2
micke wrote:

I think if sellers cancels it from their end, then it will affect their internal ratings.
If customer cancels the order, then seller won’t be affected.

I doubt the seller will cancel the order themselves as 300 Rs loss isn’t a big amount.

It is your call whether you want to cooperate with seller or get the product for 25 Rs.

275rs per order loss…

I think multiple orders are placed due to which seller bears a huge loss during corona pandemic…

Check seller ratings and feedback and take decision accordingly….

0
555
2

He may send u defective or sub standard item if u dont cancel it. If plan not to cancel it, just check if the item is self ship category
These days even prime marked/A-Fulfilled items are self ship if u plan to return

6
6660
90

@ Birla.Veena. its a loot at that price if u got it at 25 . at what time you ordered it ?

69
272
2
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

What if they did intentionally to collect numbers and traffic..anyways good if cancelled by OP

Very less chances..

1,313
14039
41
Tjs15 wrote:

He may send u defective or sub standard item if u dont cancel it. If plan not to cancel it, just check if the item is self ship category
These days even prime marked/A-Fulfilled items are self ship if u plan to return

Wasn’t aware that even some prime items have to be self shipped if returned. Is this mentioned on product page?

144
471
7
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

@ Birla.Veena. its a loot at that price if u got it at 25 . at what time you ordered it ?

Placed orDer around 7.40pm

I was Searching for similar product found that and placed order.

Had a doubt something going to happen so i didn’t post the deal, don’t want to disappoint dimers

92
1088
8

cancel it , you have nothing to loose .

62
1257
4

What exactly is that product? And do post what happened next.

50
20
0
Birla.Veena wrote:

We request you to please cancel this order madam.

What Should I Do ?

If they/ he/ she are using the salutation “madam”, are from Bengaluru: then one of THE FIRST things which i would have done is
》 to sound it out to them that EVEN IF THEY ARE PRIVY TO THE DETAILS as per Amazon policy they are not really authorised to reach out to the Customer outside the Amazon system (thst too.. so intrusively: aka on phone number 》 that too to a lady).
• ¤ nowadays Amazon does not let sellers even breathe 😆 till they opt for EazyShip (delivered by Amazon) …so handly any proper, non newbie sellers are having complete rights of customer support (completely seller fulfilled orders are rare)
so if your order is ‘delivered by Amazon’ or completely Fulfilled by Amazon, then obviously seller is again at a big ‘policy violation.

That said, like others said;
《1》 what (if any) is the veracity of the claim.. is one issue.
If seller is not even aware and someone else is or some rogue employee is contacting you,
then only way to get genuine response might be to ask them/ scold them to do it via Amazon site itself (buyer seller e-mails)
and
《2》 it is up to you.




P.S.: personally sad i do not think it is a “huge loss”.
it is more like a “crucial learning experience”
or a lesson a lesson learnt sooner .. the better.

and if they do not (learn) or are too late for the lesson.. then their own weight would be their death knell.
(outsourcing CSV upload ’data job’ to others without triple cross-checking the CSV file is not a very good idea. and even worse is to oneself upload the incorrect or erroneous entries).

50
20
0
micke wrote:

I think if sellers cancels it from their end, then it will affect their internal ratings.

as a corollary ¿(would) the buyer cancelling or ‘stop and return’ requesting orders beyond a ceratain stage during the post approval process.. too affect buyer’s ratings/ matrices within Amazon systems or would not at all adversely affect?
(agreed that Amazon is not as lame as Uber, but still. Cancel is cancel, whoever does it; system looses more by way of commissions or allied service charges. not to mention the costs, resources to still service the order or provide customer support for it).

187
1486
7

cancel krdo…kyu bichare seller ka nuksaan krna… galti kisi se bhi ho skti hai..seller se bhi hui
usko reply krdo ke i understand ur problem thus cancelled the order. dua dega tumko wo.

50
20
0
sanklecha.mahaveer563 wrote:

Doesn’t Amazon rate down the customer profile for cancellations?

Often yes, especially if merchandise orders enter “shipping soon” srage (preparing for despatch) or onward stages (like handed over to ship carrier).

50
20
0
Expand
cadence wrote:

Wasn’t aware that even some prime items have to be self shipped if returned. Is this mentioned on product page?

No such Amazon policy.

it is just agents who might be lazy, unaware, stupid or mix of the three who misguide.
and the dumber the customer/s, the easier it is to make it a post fact truth (fake reality).

50
56
1

Cancel man. Do the right thing. Think if you were in his place ? Why loot innocents.

0
3117
33

Pls cancel it.
It could be a small business.

159
13735
31
shubhamgarg19 wrote:

Do cancel if price is really 300rs…

@Birla.Veena check seller’s rating on amazon. If decent, then he is genuine seller and deserve good karma from you. Go with @shubhamgarg19 ’s excellent advice
✝️ Karma given to both

210
7169
62
Expand
pingpong wrote:

@Birla.Veena check seller’s rating on amazon. If decent, then he is genuine seller and deserve good karma from you. Go with @shubhamgarg19 ’s excellent advice
✝️ Karma given to both

Bro, you should rename your name to KG baba stuck_out_tongue

50
296
4

plz cancel if actual price is 300..already business man/street vendors etc r suffering due to corona

159
13735
31
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

Bro, you should rename your name to KG baba stuck_out_tongue

😂😂

Bro I think necessary for motivation to newbies. When I was newbie (I’m still a newbie) i got encouragement from many dimers – some of them very senior. That really melted me 🍯 and made me want to pass on the good deeds.

I would like to give credit to those inspiration dimers here by naming them but one of them just msged to me “Kuch toh gumnaami mohol rehene dete” so I will respect that 🙂🙏🏻

100
1914
15

I wouldn’t cancel because seller didn’t follow standard communication channel (via Amazon) and had the audacity to intrude my privacy and send me text messages on WhatsApp.
Unforgivable, at least for me.
Not only would I not respond to such requests over WhatsApp, I would report and block seller’s number instantly

0
3748
33

10 aur order kro aur wo cancel kro.
Bhopdiwale ko bolo wtsp pe bate na kre. Amazon pe 100 krod ka mukadma kro. Privacy invasion hua. Aesa bolo

50
296
4
cocay wrote:

I wouldn’t cancel because seller didn’t follow standard communication channel (via Amazon) and had the audacity to intrude my privacy and send me text messages on WhatsApp.
Unforgivable, at least for me.
Not only would I not respond to such requests over WhatsApp, I would report and block seller’s number instantly

may be the seller is doing this as there is no other way for him to recover losses.everyone is entitled to one forgiveness..have seen people share their details even for 10 rs free voucher from some new abc sites(hypocrisy indeed in this case,ultimately greed comes over everything including faltu ka gyaan my privacy n drama,btw i m not pointing to anyone specifically)..cant we help seller if by mistake the price was put 25/- .

Missing