Android Pattern Unlock without data wipe or hard reset

234°
Deal Cadet
84
551
6

In asus zenfone already set fingerprint + pattern lock. Then after fingerprint unlock is not working properly so tried with pattern unlock many times but forgot pattern lock. Than switched off and restarted the phone but now only getting option of pattern to unlock the device.

Searched on google and already tried following ways:

1. Using google find my device (Android device manager)
Result: Doesn’t worked

2. Forgot Pattern option and then after login using google login credentials
Result: Not getting any option like Forgot Pattern

3. Backup Pin option
Result: Not getting any option like it.

4. Dr.Fone Screen unlock (by wondershare) software
Result: It can only unlock without hard reset and wipe data for some specific models of Samsung and LG brand phones only.

Please guide anybody how to unlock now without data loss and hard reset.

Request to tag all tech gurus.

P.S. Finally all internal storage data wiped out and phone has been reset automatically after so many wrong pattern trails. So request any member to guide if any data recovery possible after hard reset of android phone.

Searched on google and getting results to use paid softwares like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android), MiniTool Mobile Recovery, etc. Please suggest any freeware tool using which data can be recovered from android after hard reset.

33 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
504
30170
328

Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock the phone (Data intact) now w/o right pattern + Recovery options (Locked Bootloader/Encrypted Storage)

198
1715
26

Sorry dear, no idea.

83
3328
48

Nope, sorry. I have no clue about it. Did a quick google search and seems you are out of luck. They all say you only way out is a factory reset. Fortunately I have never been in a situation like this. If you were rooted there would have been a way out, but I am pretty sure you are not, so ….

1,757
15144
151

I need to do some research on this particular issue. But my advice would be to go to a professional repair Shop and see if you can fix that finger print senor. As most likely it’s not being detected by motherboard. Most probably Bad connection

51
491
3

Mostly Not possible for android 5.1 +.
Else try searching flash twrp recovery on your device on xda your device thread. If you can flash twrp without data wipe, then there is a file in root/ data/system/Locksettings.key
Delete that.
Its only possible way.

294
6877
72

I would try to remember old pattern with cool mind
I have only basic knowledge in these issues, can not think beyond this

392
1960
6

Forgot pattern option has been removed in android 6+.

221
4438
28
Total_Fun wrote:

I need to do some research on this particular issue. But my advice would be to go to a professional repair Shop and see if you can fix that finger print senor. As most likely it’s not being detected by motherboard. Most probably Bad connection

But my advice would be to go to a professional repair Shop and see if you can fix that finger print senor

Most sensible. But then since the device is restarted, only option left is pattern unlock.

144
1333
7
caks2006407 wrote:

I would try to remember old pattern with cool mind
I have only basic knowledge in these issues, can not think beyond this

This !!! Calm down… Think of the patterns you generally use; try one by one; after 5 attempts you will get a 30 sec wait time; wait… Then try new. Also note that most android after some 30-40 (don’t remember the exact figure) total continuous invalid attempts; lock the phone permanently and give option to recover using your associated email account (certain oem only).
There’s no way out w/o formatting and wiping the data else.

2,110
8798
84
Moderator

Usually 1 and 3 are the best workaround in such matter. If you still fail to do anything, I’d rather suggest you to wait and think of it in gaps than crash the security like any arbitrary methods that may risk your personal data.

Hate new security features like this which can in turn work against you if you’re a bit careless. confused

PS: Never faced such situation, can’t suggest you properly.

84
551
6
shivrajsingh wrote:

Mostly Not possible for android 5.1 +.
Else try searching flash twrp recovery on your device on xda your device thread. If you can flash twrp without data wipe, then there is a file in root/ data/system/Locksettings.key
Delete that.
Its only possible way.

Will try to search on it.

84
551
6
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

This !!! Calm down… Think of the patterns you generally use; try one by one; after 5 attempts you will get a 30 sec wait time; wait… Then try new. Also note that most android after some 30-40 (don’t remember the exact figure) total continuous invalid attempts; lock the phone permanently and give option to recover using your associated email account (certain oem only).
There’s no way out w/o formatting and wiping the data else.

Already tried many times (don’t remember exact trails but it may be around 25-30) to recall the pattern, but now getting warning that after 10 try still if pattern goes wrong than all data will be wiped out. Not getting any recovery option like associated mail also to reset the pattern.

144
1333
7
Expand
dealdimer99 wrote:

Already tried many times (don’t remember exact trails but it may be around 25-30) to recall the pattern, but now getting warning that after 10 try still if pattern goes wrong than all data will be wiped out. Not getting any recovery option like associated mail also to reset the pattern.

Yup; just googled and tried on my phone… nowadays they will format and wipe the data even if you try forget the pattern using email account; so buddy you got no options left now; you will have to wipe the data and bear with the loss; btw, most of us and our apps nowadays keep things on the server, nearly everything is synced on server;
I had faced this similar issue 7-8 years back (Micromax Canvas), but that time, after those 30-40 attempts they gave me an option to reset the pattern using email w/o losing the data; but nowadays wiping the data is inevitable pensive

1,757
15144
151
Expand
andromeda wrote:

But my advice would be to go to a professional repair Shop and see if you can fix that finger print senor

Most sensible. But then since the device is restarted, only option left is pattern unlock.

Correct. Only option infact

1,757
15144
151

Bro if you have enabled USB debugging option in Dev mode before then you should install necessary software on pc and connect it to pc to try fix it, by manipulating gesture key file.

If not then don’t know any other way publicly available.

84
551
6

Finally all internal storage data wiped out and phone has been reset automatically after so many wrong pattern trails. So request any member to guide if any data recovery possible after hard reset of android phone.

Searched on google and getting results to use paid softwares like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android), MiniTool Mobile Recovery, etc. Please suggest any freeware tool using which data can be recovered from android after hard reset.

@getready @Total_Fun @shivrajsingh @BlueFlash @andromeda @TestV

187
6188
62
dealdimer99 wrote:

Finally all internal storage data wiped out and phone has been reset automatically after so many wrong pattern trails. So request any member to guide if any data recovery possible after hard reset of android phone.

Searched on google and getting results to use paid softwares like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android), MiniTool Mobile Recovery, etc. Please suggest any freeware tool using which data can be recovered from android after hard reset.

Try cracked version of it.. bro !

84
551
6
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

Try cracked version of it.. bro !

Have you tried personally this type software? It will recover all data from android internal storage after hard reset.

504
30170
328

While it may still be possible to recover the data partially, I don’t think its worth it (consider the data gone)

Anyways Root your phone (Another factory reset from Locked >> Unlocked BL) & try the pro version of the below app (Google to see if u can find it for free “DiskDiggerPro”
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...c…

187
6188
62
Expand
dealdimer99 wrote:

Have you tried personally this type software? It will recover all data from android internal storage after hard reset.

70-80% can be recovered if the phone is not very old..
And if the phone is somewhat new and storage is not been full then there is a chance of 100% data recovery.
Try this data recovery software once.. its free
https://www.asoftec...m/

221
4438
28
dealdimer99 wrote:

Finally all internal storage data wiped out and phone has been reset automatically after so many wrong pattern trails. So request any member to guide if any data recovery possible after hard reset of android phone.

Searched on google and getting results to use paid softwares like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android), MiniTool Mobile Recovery, etc. Please suggest any freeware tool using which data can be recovered from android after hard reset.

@getready @Total_Fun @shivrajsingh @BlueFlash @andromeda @TestV

My 2 cents:

Consider the data gone. Do not invest any single rupee on recovery tools.

The recoveries are usually successful on normal HDDs (spinning type) where when a file is deleted, it just deletes the address/pointer of the data by which operating system know where is the data. And eventually when you store new data, the old sectors get over written. But things work different with flash(SSD/ Pendrive/ Phone Memory) storage, it isn’t so straight forward. Moreover you have reset the phone, which means new set of information is written on some of the existing information.

So do not waste any more time/money on it. From now, take frequent backups.

84
551
6
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

70-80% can be recovered if the phone is not very old..
And if the phone is somewhat new and storage is not been full then there is a chance of 100% data recovery.
Try this data recovery software once.. its free
https://www.asoftec...m/

I have visited that link but there is no any software for android data recovery. Can you please name the specific software?

144
1333
7
Expand
andromeda wrote:

My 2 cents:

Consider the data gone. Do not invest any single rupee on recovery tools.

The recoveries are usually successful on normal HDDs (spinning type) where when a file is deleted, it just deletes the address/pointer of the data by which operating system know where is the data. And eventually when you store new data, the old sectors get over written. But things work different with flash(SSD/ Pendrive/ Phone Memory) storage, it isn’t so straight forward. Moreover you have reset the phone, which means new set of information is written on some of the existing information.

So do not waste any more time/money on it. From now, take frequent backups.

Also, most android phones keep data in encrypted form and when formatted; it remains encrypted. Now even if you recover back the data using those recovery app, they need to be decrypted back ans for decryption it again need the old pattern/pin. Hence not advisable. Just go ahead thinking you are starting a new life :p I believe once you start installing the app, you will come to know that most apps would have synced it in the server and you would have lost minimal data.

674
5258
57

Unfortunate bro but such harsh lessons are a reality of life. There was a similar issue like this in 2019 when a bad google keyboard update caused many ppl to to unable to enter pin to unlock the phone as keyboard kept crashing so no way to enter the digits of pin. Many ppl ended up with resetting phone & loss of their data. That is why I suggest people to install at least two keyboards & never update a keyboard for at least 1-2 weeks after their latest version release on playstore & also keep fingerprint option to unlock as backup. Pattern unlocking I frankly found unreliable because a simple pattern is easy to remember if even seen once by strangers while a complicated pattern you yourself may end up forgetting. At least you can change pin anytime when in doubt & you can always write it in some notebook kept at home.

187
6188
62
Expand
dealdimer99 wrote:

I have visited that link but there is no any software for android data recovery. Can you please name the specific software?

Its name is “Asoft Data Recovery” from that link.. (which works for android storage too, give it a try once)

Missing