anxiety

236°
Deal Newbie
82
91
1

I don’t really know if its the right section to post this or not.
I’m having a suicidal anxiety and panic attack right now for the first time and I have no idea how to deal with it I don’t have anyone to talk with. it all started with seeing others walk or run because I cant walk properly neither i can run. its been 10 years since I’m dealing with it and survived bone cancer. Now its just that I’m tired of staying in bed and people helping me walk and stuff. I wish I could end my life

22 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
2267
56

Bro just thank god everything he has provided to you

There are millions of people in worst of conditions

Enjoy whatever you have

0
8191
59

Bro we are here to talk.
Just shoo those bad thoughts away.
Look at this man

5,395
27793
993
Admin

there is some much more you can do with your life buddy. dont get tired of it yet.

4
5504
58

An idle mind is the devil’s workshop. You need to find a work which will keep you busy. After that what other say think or do won’t matter to you…

108
8155
41

We all are here to talk. Keep replying to each person here, whoever comments. Just say it whatever you feel. Engage your self with different online activities. Try and explore new things. You can do lot of things, once you start you will understand how much you can do.

82
91
1
hotchap wrote:

We all are here to talk. Keep replying to each person here, whoever comments. Just say it whatever you feel. Engage your self with different online activities. Try and explore new things. You can do lot of things, once you start you will understand how much you can do.

I’ve spent a lot of time on this bed too afraid to move and too afraid to attempt standing up. Because so many times I have been left lying there in pain & unable to move.

It’s safe to say I have developed pretty severe #anxiety since I had cancer . I’ve told myself so many times to just buck up and get over it…

After ending up in the hospital over a dozen times just trying to do the simplest things like putting my pants on or trying to go out with friends on a bike

It got to the point where the risk of doing everyday things just wasn’t worth the dreaded possibility of ending up in the hospital again.

I know this fear of movement I’ve developed is holding me back in my own recovery.

I do what I know is physically SAFE and I won’t even attempt things I am unsure of – which is understandable, but I also feel like I live in a bubble.

I used to feel embarrassed using the word TRAUMATIC.

But this whole experience has been very traumatic. I thought with time things would get easier as I hopefully heal.. ya know?! And they definitely have improved as my mobility has slowly improved.

BUT I still feel like I’m living everyday on egg shells waiting for the next unpredictable episode to happen.

Sometimes I can’t decipher anymore what is just fear vs. what is something that will actually hurt me. Does that make sense?

Anyyywayyy I know many of you can relate.

Our mind is so powerful – it can be our greatest tool but it can also be our worst enemy.

If there is one thing I’ve learned it’s that your mindset WILL determine your reality.

8
1756
13

Don’t do it,
There’s always people who Love you, Always.
Please don’t do it for them.

56
729
10
bumblefoot wrote:

there is some much more you can do with your life buddy. dont get tired of it yet.

What “Yet” Bad..

There is always better things in life one can do ..

@ OP dont worry buddy.. Stay strong.. Life is not so easy to have and try to do what you like ..

Take care..

82
91
1

I just want to walk again without any fear of hurting myself. I don’t want any support while walking. I know its impossible but I hope I could walk again

1,039
9275
41

Take one day at a time. Slowly & surely your body will start to heal & you’ll feel better. Try to keep your mind occupied with things you like. There are many in this world who carry on despite being in a really bad shape. It’s Ok to not be Ok.

86
5204
61

God has a good beautiful plan for you.. just wait and watch. You’ve identified and cured/controlled your cancer.. then you must know about your life..
Just watch some kids videos in youtube.. u will become as a kid.
DM me your personal feelings and burst out your stress.

86
5204
61
naved369 wrote:

I just want to walk again without any fear of hurting myself. I don’t want any support while walking. I know its impossible but I hope I could walk again

You can.. but for time being take their support. Its easy to say, but difficult to follow.. but no other choice. Time will run very fast.. don’t think about it. It will definately change.

108
8155
41
Expand
naved369 wrote:

I’ve spent a lot of time on this bed too afraid to move and too afraid to attempt standing up. Because so many times I have been left lying there in pain & unable to move.

It’s safe to say I have developed pretty severe #anxiety since I had cancer . I’ve told myself so many times to just buck up and get over it…

After ending up in the hospital over a dozen times just trying to do the simplest things like putting my pants on or trying to go out with friends on a bike

It got to the point where the risk of doing everyday things just wasn’t worth the dreaded possibility of ending up in the hospital again.

I know this fear of movement I’ve developed is holding me back in my own recovery.

I do what I know is physically SAFE and I won’t even attempt things I am unsure of – which is understandable, but I also feel like I live in a bubble.

I used to feel embarrassed using the word TRAUMATIC.

But this whole experience has been very traumatic. I thought with time things would get easier as I hopefully heal.. ya know?! And they definitely have improved as my mobility has slowly improved.

BUT I still feel like I’m living everyday on egg shells waiting for the next unpredictable episode to happen.

Sometimes I can’t decipher anymore what is just fear vs. what is something that will actually hurt me. Does that make sense?

Anyyywayyy I know many of you can relate.

Our mind is so powerful – it can be our greatest tool but it can also be our worst enemy.

If there is one thing I’ve learned it’s that your mindset WILL determine your reality.

good to see your reply,you have mentioned one point
Our mind is so powerful – it can be our greatest tool
you said it right, use it, play with it but let it not dominate you.
i think you got great communication and writing skills, why don’t you use them. Do you know about Quora, i hope you know about this. Visit there and try to write some inspiring articles. Lots of good articles are also there. you will even get good friends also.

53
162
2
Expand
naved369 wrote:

I’ve spent a lot of time on this bed too afraid to move and too afraid to attempt standing up. Because so many times I have been left lying there in pain & unable to move.

It’s safe to say I have developed pretty severe #anxiety since I had cancer . I’ve told myself so many times to just buck up and get over it…

After ending up in the hospital over a dozen times just trying to do the simplest things like putting my pants on or trying to go out with friends on a bike

It got to the point where the risk of doing everyday things just wasn’t worth the dreaded possibility of ending up in the hospital again.

I know this fear of movement I’ve developed is holding me back in my own recovery.

I do what I know is physically SAFE and I won’t even attempt things I am unsure of – which is understandable, but I also feel like I live in a bubble.

I used to feel embarrassed using the word TRAUMATIC.

But this whole experience has been very traumatic. I thought with time things would get easier as I hopefully heal.. ya know?! And they definitely have improved as my mobility has slowly improved.

BUT I still feel like I’m living everyday on egg shells waiting for the next unpredictable episode to happen.

Sometimes I can’t decipher anymore what is just fear vs. what is something that will actually hurt me. Does that make sense?

Anyyywayyy I know many of you can relate.

Our mind is so powerful – it can be our greatest tool but it can also be our worst enemy.

If there is one thing I’ve learned it’s that your mindset WILL determine your reality.

This is very common life experience. Everyone at some point or the other goes through the anxiety and depression.
In this situation it would be better if you don’t think about the future…neither far nor near future. Just delve in present moment. Live life moment by moment. Even it’s painfull situation, don’t try to think about future. Be there.

Don’t generalize the things…like in past you landed up in hospital trying to do any specific core. Just do without any generalization.

Like you only said… improvement is there. If your mind and body are in sync , you will recover early.

Remember : Fear of suffering is worst than suffering itself.

May god give you strength and courage to endure this pain !!

552
2001
39
Admin
naved369 wrote:

I just want to walk again without any fear of hurting myself. I don’t want any support while walking. I know its impossible but I hope I could walk again

There is always hope and there is always a way out!

Have Faith

62
1222
4

Bro you have lots of brothers here. DM us where you live, we will all walk together.

195
7971
24
cadence wrote:

Take one day at a time. Slowly & surely your body will start to heal & you’ll feel better. Try to keep your mind occupied with things you like. There are many in this world who carry on despite being in a really bad shape. It’s Ok to not be Ok.

This is the best and most practical advice imo. Karma given to both you and @naved369 bhai!

195
7971
24

Learn / pursue some new brain game / hobby. Chess. Sudoku. When UPI craze started in India, I was amazed how a QR code could capture so much info. So I spent 3 weeks learning the science behind a QR code. And then I could replicate one myself 😛 There were some mathematical principles also so I ended up reading a maths oriented book 😅

Cultivate the habit of reading bro. Fiction non-fiction. Different genres. Anything that interests you, go deeper. May i start with a suggestion? Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. It’s a super thin 📖 but heavy on wisdom. Really opened my 👀

Music bro. It is the language of the soul. Explore various kinds.

Finally, frequent desidime (no, i’m not @admin in disguise 😂). It’s a nice place to spend abt an hr daily to learn new things, refresh the mind and for laughs!

Missing