Any Automobile Engineer or Hyundai Car User here ?

121°
Missing
Deal Cadet
55
654
8

Any Hyundai diesel car user here ? specifically Hyundai fludic Verna CRdi 1.6 SX ?

have a long argument with one of the garage owner regarding the Engine Oil for my car.

As per him below Shell engine oil is not at all suitable for Verna diesel, It is for trucks and heavy vehicle only .

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/636744/medium/6926510tryyry.png?1600151601

He deals in hyundai spare parts , engine oils etc, He insisted to buy suitable engine oil from him , he is quoting price around 1550 rs for 5L. he told me first time he saw this kind shell engine oil. It is not good. to support his argument,he also called someone(told me hyundai engineer) . that engineer also trying hard to make me change my decesion and buy oil from them . he is like" sir it will cease you engine immediatly" “it is not for Hyundai verna diesel” .

Actaully I bought the oil from Amazon, had got some discount, I bought after proper reaseach . I read the review on the product page where people say it is a manufacture recommended oil for fluidic verna diesel 1.6 sx.

Also checked hyundai website , it is mentioned same specification recommended for fludic verna. it is a mineral oil not synthetic/semi-synthetic .

https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connect-to-servic...

here is the link to the product : https://www.amazon.in/Shell-Rimula-15W-40-Premi...

I am not expert in this field , went with the reviews and article on team-bhp website.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/...

can someone clear my doubt ?

18 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94

In the end xxWxx ll matter. 🙂🙂🙂
15W40 means viscosity of oil ll be 15 at cold temperature and 40 means viscosity of oil ll be 40 at hot temperature.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94

So, he is actually unaware of it. His knowledge is partially right. He is talking about petrol cars.

But do one thing. Ask your Hyundai service center/customer care once. But honestly in the end xxWxx will matter. If you are recommended to use 15e40, then use 15w40, mere truck picture won’t change the characteristics of the engine oil

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
654
8
bikidas2060 wrote:

So, he is actually unaware of it. His knowledge is partially right. He is talking about petrol cars.

But do one thing. Ask your Hyundai service center/customer care once. But honestly in the end xxWxx will matter. If you are recommended to use 15e40, then use 15w40, mere truck picture won’t change the characteristics of the engine oil

Along with the picture he also saw another thing and he told me it’s written “heavy duty” means its for Tata Ac, mini trucks , other cars but not for verna fludic diesel. uhhhh.. rolleyes

even he shared the image on WhatsApp with that hyundai service center engineer . that engineer too warned me multiple times to not to use this oil for fluidic verna .

He had some yellow color shell helix engine oil , where at the bottom , hyundai is written. so he is adamant that this particular oil is for hyundai.

Missing
Deal Subedar
135
2821
117

You can use, but I’d advise against it. Its for trucks, so it has heavy detergents for cleaning carbon. Better to return it, and buy one for car which is shell helix or any other engine oil meant for car.

I’ve used a diesel engine oil in my petrol scooter of the nearest viscosity which caused performance issues. Will never experiment with my car.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94
papa_kancha wrote:

You can use, but I’d advise against it. Its for trucks, so it has heavy detergents for cleaning carbon. Better to return it, and buy one for car which is shell helix or any other engine oil meant for car.

I’ve used a diesel engine oil in my petrol scooter of the nearest viscosity which caused performance issues. Will never experiment with my car.

His car is a diesel car.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94
Expand
ZitOO wrote:

Along with the picture he also saw another thing and he told me it’s written “heavy duty” means its for Tata Ac, mini trucks , other cars but not for verna fludic diesel. uhhhh.. rolleyes

even he shared the image on WhatsApp with that hyundai service center engineer . that engineer too warned me multiple times to not to use this oil for fluidic verna .

He had some yellow color shell helix engine oil , where at the bottom , hyundai is written. so he is adamant that this particular oil is for hyundai.

Unke Badmashi ke ninja techniques. That Hyundai logo alone increases the price of that thing. You know what. Take his advice. And try to return your purchased Rimula. Keeping you in their good books is far more important.

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
654
8
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Unke Badmashi ke ninja techniques. That Hyundai logo alone increases the price of that thing. You know what. Take his advice. And try to return your purchased Rimula. Keeping you in their good books is far more important.

their mechanic actually had poured the remula oil already during our argument. so nothing can be done now, before his Hyundai engineer’s WhatsApp checking and confirmation.

at the last he kept the empty jar and told “sir me iss khali dibbe ko rakhta hun , hua toh mein bhi online se manga kar achhi margin se bech sakta hun , isse oil shell ke aate he pata nahi he”. laughing

“apka gaadi jyada nahi run karta toh , ye oil bhil chalega ,no problem”

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
654
8
papa_kancha wrote:

You can use, but I’d advise against it. Its for trucks, so it has heavy detergents for cleaning carbon. Better to return it, and buy one for car which is shell helix or any other engine oil meant for car.

I’ve used a diesel engine oil in my petrol scooter of the nearest viscosity which caused performance issues. Will never experiment with my car.

okay , already filled , next time will keep in mind. hope this particular oil wont give any big problem like engine seize . because the specification grade is the same API CH3 15W40 as recommended by manufacture.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94
Expand
ZitOO wrote:

okay , already filled , next time will keep in mind. hope this particular oil wont give any big problem like engine seize . because the specification grade is the same API CH3 15W40 as recommended by manufacture.

Nothing will happen bro. Chill

Missing
Deal Cadet
65
169
7

Nothing will happened .use it (Mechanical engg maintain 300+ vehicles in month)
Experience of maintaining luxury cars(pajero ,mercedes,land cruiser and GMC)

Missing
Deal Subedar
135
2821
117
Expand
ZitOO wrote:

okay , already filled , next time will keep in mind. hope this particular oil wont give any big problem like engine seize . because the specification grade is the same API CH3 15W40 as recommended by manufacture.

There will be no problem. Engine wont be as smooth.

Missing
Analyst
84
4442
158

1550 for 5 ltrs = ₹310 /ltr maruti guys sell for ₹550/ltr so proves its reasonable. I doubt any wrong doings.

Diesel car is different from diesel truck.

Cars run at high rpm low torque.
Trucks run at low rpm high torque.

So oil of both is different even though the ratings might be same.

Hyundai logo on bottle asks high premium. But it’s not just that. Even hHyundai must have tested the oil and fine tuned it on its test mules for thousands of kms.

So it’s not the logo but testing and compatibility you pay extra for.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94
dharmanath481 wrote:

1550 for 5 ltrs = ₹310 /ltr maruti guys sell for ₹550/ltr so proves its reasonable. I doubt any wrong doings.

Diesel car is different from diesel truck.

Cars run at high rpm low torque.
Trucks run at low rpm high torque.

So oil of both is different even though the ratings might be same.

Hyundai logo on bottle asks high premium. But it’s not just that. Even hHyundai must have tested the oil and fine tuned it on its test mules for thousands of kms.

So it’s not the logo but testing and compatibility you pay extra for.

Diesel engines run at low rpm and high torque and petrol engines run in linear scale of power delivery, e.g. high rpm, and high/low torque depending upon engine tuning and manufacturing.
Since, diesel engines run at low rpm, suitable gearing make it suitable it to be used on cars. 🙂🙂🙂 SAE ratings are stringently maintained especially by big manufacturers, Zittoo bhai is in safe hands.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
130
5216
94
Expand
papa_kancha wrote:

There will be no problem. Engine wont be as smooth.

It ll be smooth bhai. There won’t be any problem

Missing
Deal Subedar
135
2821
117
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

It ll be smooth bhai. There won’t be any problem

That’s what I’m saying bhai.

Missing