Hot Deal

any computer expert?

609°
Deal's Advocate
kartikxxx

I have asus laptop (i5 7th gen, 12 gig ram and 1 tb hdd).

Whenever i start laptop, it starts lagging nd hanging, its performance is very poor, after checking i found it is consuming disk usage 100%.
I google and did some troubleshooting myself, removed skype, chrome and even anti virus, kill some task permanently, and even flashed windows several times but nothing worked.
Current version win 10 pro.

Is there any pro dimer who can help me out.

Is my hdd faulty.

Ps – i realised this after my warrenty gets over as i rarely use my laptop.

images – https://ibb.co/T...5w

so far i have followed below things as suggested by google and wiki

Disable SuperFetch service.
Removed chromeand skype.
Update device drivers.
Perform a diskcheck.
Reset Virtual Memory.
Disable Antivirus Software.

141 Comments  |  
44 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

You need to be little more clear.

Some conflicting information:

  • 1tb hdd
  • consuming disk usage 100%
  • even flashed windows several times
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Get SSD as mentioned, but you need to empty your HDD, keep 50-60GB empty atleast. Download HDD sentinel and check your HDD health

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Easiest but it will make a hole into my pocket… persevere

Hdd just don’t cut it nowadays when you use them as boot drives especially with even windows getting heavier. Same issue i faced , tried lots of stuff but it would just slow down after some time i reinstalled windows so gave up and bought a 250 gig ssd for bootdrive and used hdd for storage.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

You need to be little more clear.

Some conflicting information:

  • 1tb hdd
  • consuming disk usage 100%
  • even flashed windows several times

Conflicting as in?
Disk usage in task manager is 100% not disk consumption, m still left with 4-500gb as free space.
I reinstalled windows several times thought that there was some issues l with windows.
1 tb hdd is its capacity.
I hope m clear now?

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
myfungang829 wrote:

Get SSD as mentioned, but you need to empty your HDD, keep 50-60GB empty atleast. Download HDD sentinel and check your HDD health

Health is fine, i checked it at the boot time…as suggested i will try sentinel , it is a freeware right?

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

If U Have Dvd Writer , Then Goto Shop Buy 128gb SSD with Cadet Cost 2500rs Approx… Install Windows In Ssd Urself To Save Money

If Ur Laptop Is Heating Too Much then Dust is There In Fan Filters. Clean This at Computer Shop.

Install Bitsum Process Lasso Software (Free Of Cost , Don’t Buy) , It Will Optimises The System background Process And Gives 100% Response For User Input. I Am Using This In HDD Computer. ( When Windows Updates Are Running This Software Won’t Optimise )

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Yes nvidia nd intel

nvidia is causing it. uninstall driver using ddu(google) and check for sometime and reply here.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
UnderNation wrote:

If U Have Dvd Writer , Then Goto Shop Buy 128gb SSD with Cadet Cost 2500rs Approx… Install Windows In Ssd Urself To Save Money

If Ur Laptop Is Heating Too Much then Dust is There In Fan Filters. Clean This at Computer Shop.

Install Bitsum Process Lasso Software (Free Of Cost , Don’t Buy) , It Will Optimises The System background Process And Gives 100% Response For User Input. I Am Using This In HDD Computer. ( When Windows Updates Are Running This Software Won’t Optimise )

Yes it has a dvd tray, and no i doesn’t get heated while running. Okay will try this suggested software.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

nvidia is causing it. uninstall driver using ddu(google) and check for sometime and reply here.

You sure about it…i have all the drivers updated.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

You sure about it…i have all the drivers updated.

what is the harm if u follow that?
there is no surety about life and you are talking about a pc/laptop.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Open task manager, check which application or program is taking more disk space. If its application, remove it and see if your lappy is working fine or not(hopefully it will be). If its any OS related or any program is taking space, check in google or in websites, if you turn off that program is there any effect on your pc, if its not related to OS boot then u cam turn off that. I usually use do that on 2019, it worked pretty well blush.  And clear temporary files from pc type temp in RUN, there will be folder popup, delete all those files. After doing all dis, restart lapy, hopefully it will work.

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

what is the harm if u follow that?
there is no surety about life and you are talking about a pc/laptop.

Ok ye bhi try karne mai harz nhi hai..will update u.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Ok ye bhi try karne mai harz nhi hai..will update u.

check nvidia container in task manager.now google it and now read my first post about ddu

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
beamchota wrote:

Open task manager, check which application or program is taking more disk space. If its application, remove it and see if your lappy is working fine or not(hopefully it will be). If its any OS related or any program is taking space, check in google or in websites, if you turn off that program is there any effect on your pc, if its not related to OS boot then u cam turn off that. I usually use do that on 2019, it worked pretty well smiley.

First, its not about disk space, its about its usage.

And yes, i tried all which u have mentioned, as soon as i killed the task which is consuming the disk usage (by sorting high to low), a new program takes it place and no such program is there which is consuming 100% by itself.

Removed many applications, like skype, one drive, chrome (suggested by google that could be the culprit) but nothing worked out.

Also fired some cmd commands as admin following google and forums but still at the same position.

@pappupaltan

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
beamchota wrote:

Open task manager, check which application or program is taking more disk space. If its application, remove it and see if your lappy is working fine or not(hopefully it will be). If its any OS related or any program is taking space, check in google or in websites, if you turn off that program is there any effect on your pc, if its not related to OS boot then u cam turn off that. I usually use do that on 2019, it worked pretty well blush.

as mentioned, check task manager and see what task is taking most % in CPU, Memory & Disk. sort by the column and make note. These tasks (apps/service) should be reviewed ( google if critical or not) and monitor. do it one at a time so that you can pin point the real issue.

secondly open event viewer and see the logs, these could be helpful to identify issues.

if it doesnt work, run DISM (google the exact command) and see if it works.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

For me its working by removing application as per the usage. Try removing temp files,

For me its working by removing application as per the usage. Try removing temp files, most of the hidden applications or 3 party applications takes disc space. Most important thing, what ever the applications you have, turn off the automatic start of applications when you turn on laptop. Check google how to turnoff automatic start of applications when u on pc

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Conflicting as in?
Disk usage in task manager is 100% not disk consumption, m still left with 4-500gb as free space.
I reinstalled windows several times thought that there was some issues l with windows.
1 tb hdd is its capacity.
I hope m clear now?

Yes clear.

Consider running hdd tools to see if there are any soft bad sectors, fragmentation, filesystem issues. If at all the HDD has any unfixable bad sectors, considering changing the drive or move to SSD.

Although people say HDDs are not meant for boot drives, with the config you have, OS should be easy on a HDD.

If you are formatting a single drive, and letting the other data in other drives stay put, do scan the rest of the HDD for any virus/malware which may be bugging after you install OS

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@kartikxxx what processes are using disk? share list.

did you use DISM? run below commands and let me know if they find any issues.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

scan using malwarebytes

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
pappupaltan wrote:

@kartikxxx what processes are using disk? share list.

did you use DISM? run below commands and let me know if they find any issues.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

scan using malwarebytes

Will post screenshot of task manager and steps in detail which i have followed till now which results zero.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Will post screenshot of task manager and steps in detail which i have followed till now which results zero.

stop wasting time and check nvidia container in disk usage.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
icuuuineenminmeonannlaneominic wrote:

If laptop is hanging then you can always buy a laptop stand or table no?

है भगवन ! उठा ले… मुझे नहीं इसे sunglasses
कहां से लाते हो इतना ज्ञान stuck_out_tongue

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Find which process is the cause of HDD usage. Typically it is one of the Svchost processes… just kill it and continue.

If unresolved, you’ll have same issues with a brand new SSD

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

stop wasting time and check nvidia container in disk usage.

as such i cant see nvidia container contribution in disk usage, in all process i found “nvidia display conatiner LS”, u talking about this?

Missing