Any consistent way to bypass paywalls to access good quality business journalism?

169°
Entertainer
pingpong

Hi techie dimers @bftb @andromeda @shoaibmax @rajrocks @teriab33 @getready @bikidas2060 @goss8877 @mastervijay

Guys help pl

All these news 📰 websites are hiding behind paywalls and there is no umbrella subscription to avail all. On piecemeal basis it burns 🥵 big hole 🕳 in pocket 😭 and not feasible

Googling gives n no. of methods. Can you pl suggest a couple which will kind of work universally? Or even if you could share a link which throws light 💡 on this subject it would be great. Pl remember I am tech noob so phrase your responses in easy language 😌

In particular I’m looking for bloomberg, bloombergquint, wsj, seekingalpha, marketwatch, moneylife

moneycontrol is sh#t all they send is non-business alerts 🚨 like SRK son arrested and Sidhu quitting blah blah. also i feel the ken is over-rated.

Pl share here or dm as suggested by @kukdookoo TIA 🙏🏻

18 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Try this:

1) Open webpage in incognito.
2) Stop the webpage before paywall loads. Save webpage as pdf.
3) Or go to inspect Element and delete the paywall element after the page loads fully.

There are some web extensions too. Like https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-f...

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
shoaibmax wrote:

Try this:

1) Open webpage in incognito.
2) Stop the webpage before paywall loads. Save webpage as pdf.
3) Or go to inspect Element and delete the paywall element after the page loads fully.

There are some web extensions too. Like https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-f...

+1

I may complicate, instead you can try the given link or check below link for little more detail/explanation

https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/how-to-by...

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

can u a dm a method 22g?there cannot be a method if it asks you to make an account.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

can u a dm a method 22g?there cannot be a method if it asks you to make an account.

Yes buddy good idea I will mention dm also in topic.. so that if techie dimer has method which needs discretion they can dm and not post here 😌

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

+1

I may complicate, instead you can try the given link or check below link for little more detail/explanation

https://medium.datadriveninvestor.com/how-to-by...

TY buddy this was one of the articles I had bookmarked initially. But didn’t act on it since our mentions downloading that extension. Is it safe can you pl chk and confirm only at ur convenience (no hurries). Happy dussehra 😌

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
shoaibmax wrote:

Try this:

1) Open webpage in incognito.
2) Stop the webpage before paywall loads. Save webpage as pdf.
3) Or go to inspect Element and delete the paywall element after the page loads fully.

There are some web extensions too. Like https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-f...

TY bhai same msg to you too. Is it safe can you pl chk and confirm only at ur convenience (no hurries). Happy dussehra 😌

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Seriously it’s a new word to me.. (paywalls) so I don’t have enough knowledge to assist you bro. pensive

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied
Expand
pingpong wrote:

TY bro if ubiquitous hack doesn’t work then will definitely go for that this. Festive greetings to you 😌

Festive greetings bro.. tada

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
mastervijay wrote:

Seriously it’s a new word to me.. (paywalls) so I don’t have enough knowledge to assist you bro. pensive

Np bro

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

No workaround works for paywalls like WSJ, some Paywalls are really tough nuts to crack.

I read FT by searching for their articles and then clicking out from Google. After 5 articles the nag screen kicks in. Then close browser, change IP and rinse-repeat.

Browser incognito mode and Mailinator is your friend.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
pingpong wrote:

TY bhai same msg to you too. Is it safe can you pl chk and confirm only at ur convenience (no hurries). Happy dussehra 😌

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/718783/medium/8018624i-can-show-you-the-path-but-i-340396-1.jpg?1634280138

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

can u a dm a method 22g?there cannot be a method if it asks you to make an account.

i meant that i am also looking for it and please dm if u find a method stuck_out_tongue
still i mean the same grinning

Missing