Any way to connect wired printer to WiFi?

128°
Deal Cadet
mango-man

I have a 10-year old canon laser printer at home that accepts input via a USB B port. I’d like to connect it to my home WiFi so that I can directly print documents from my mobile without using a laptop. Is there any way to do this? Maybe something like a Chromecast for printers?

Looked up print servers on Amazon, but they are pretty expensive, almost as much as a new printer. Any cheaper way to do this for home use?

Expiring In 8 days
18 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

you can directly print from your mobile by connecting it to USB OTG cable why take hassle of wifi

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

I purchased printer share premium key at Rs.100,  four years ago Google Play code was purchased at 50% cashback so net cost was around 50 rupees, very useful app, but due to heavy demand they increased price to Rs.450

Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied

If your wifi router has USB port then plug the printer and make it discoverable in the network.

That should work. Google it, all the best.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

I purchased printer share premium key at Rs.100,  four years ago Google Play code was purchased at 50% cashback so net cost was around 50 rupees, very useful app, but due to heavy demand they increased price to Rs.450

On their website my printer model is listed as supported for wifi printing, but how will the printer connect to WiFi?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

you can directly print from your mobile by connecting it to USB OTG cable why take hassle of wifi

No drivers needed?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
bftb wrote:

If your wifi router has USB port then plug the printer and make it discoverable in the network.

That should work. Google it, all the best.

Thought about that too, but my router is located far away from the printer. And it doesn’t have a USB port either.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

On their website my printer model is listed as supported for wifi printing, but how will the printer connect to WiFi?

It probably means that mobile is connected to wifi while printer is connected to a wifi router with usb port. This app has drivers of all supported printers so all it needs is a connection to the printer via wire/wifi.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

@ OP does your printer have any Ethernet port ? many old printers did not have wifi but had Ethernet ports. If it has a port then you can connect this to a router on AP mode.

Also, if the printer is claimed to support wifi printing, have you gone through the manual to see how to set up wifi printing. For initial setup you may need to run the installer again and then connect the printer by usb cable to your laptop to dump the ip settings into the printer, at least that how my HP MFP needs to be connected to a network. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
panchabhut wrote:

@ OP does your printer have any Ethernet port ? many old printers did not have wifi but had Ethernet ports. If it has a port then you can connect this to a router on AP mode.

Also, if the printer is claimed to support wifi printing, have you gone through the manual to see how to set up wifi printing. For initial setup you may need to run the installer again and then connect the printer by usb cable to your laptop to dump the ip settings into the printer, at least that how my HP MFP needs to be connected to a network. 

No it only has USB port. It doesn’t have inbuilt support for Wi-Fi printing, as @guest_999 mentioned it probably needs to be connected to router via USB to use the printer share app for wifi printing.


As @drupal mentioned I think USB OTG will be an easier option than wifi printing. Gotta check whether the app supports my printer for OTG printing.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

No it only has USB port. It doesn’t have inbuilt support for Wi-Fi printing, as @guest_999 mentioned it probably needs to be connected to router via USB to use the printer share app for wifi printing.


As @drupal mentioned I think USB OTG will be an easier option than wifi printing. Gotta check whether the app supports my printer for OTG printing.

That app supports every printer you can print test page before buying premium key 

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

No drivers needed?

drivers will be automatically downloaded by app as per printer model dont worry you can print a test page without premium key

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

On their website my printer model is listed as supported for wifi printing, but how will the printer connect to WiFi?

just download printer share connect your printer through otg select the usb popup and then setup printer and print 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

I purchased printer share premium key at Rs.100,  four years ago Google Play code was purchased at 50% cashback so net cost was around 50 rupees, very useful app, but due to heavy demand they increased price to Rs.450

How many devices can we use premium key on? Only one?

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

How many devices can we use premium key on? Only one?

on any number of devices but you need to add same Gmail id, just checked Amazon have offer Rs.100 Google Play code at Rs 50 offers check your accounts too

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

@mango collect codes at 50% off with these Amazon offers

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/766308/original/Screenshot_20220510-114954_2.png?1652163659

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

@mango collect codes at 50% off with these Amazon offers

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/766308/original/Screenshot_20220510-114954_2.png?1652163659

Have already used these offers, now only 5% back.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
mango-man wrote:

Have already used these offers, now only 5% back.

ohh check other accounts may be there valid till 1 june

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
drupal wrote:

I purchased printer share premium key at Rs.100,  four years ago Google Play code was purchased at 50% cashback so net cost was around 50 rupees, very useful app, but due to heavy demand they increased price to Rs.450

same perchased @ 200 for life time acess very usefull app

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply