Hot Deal Anyone from airtel here who can help me?

321°
113
3416
49

So my aunt’s airtel number is invalid due to no recharge for over six months. Airtel’s database shows the number as not valid. I contacted airtel nodal head but got reply that they are not able to do anything in the matter and advised to visit airtel store. Airtel stores says that they can activate the number back but i need to move to postpaid and asking exorbitant amount.

If anyone can help me regarding this I’ll be really grateful. You see I don’t give a rat’s back about a secondary number but my aunt is kind of a nut who wants to retain this damn number and blaming me because i forgot to recharge for 49, so I’m feeling guilty and wish to make things right.

49 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
71
1168
12

no other option, for prepaid this airtel guys wont activate needed number… opt for any post paid plan and after month convert it to prepaid…

38
47721
411

Did u post this some days back as well, as some comment in some post? Sounding like I have heard / read this case somewhere.

113
3416
49
indianboy wrote:

no other option, for prepaid this airtel guys wont activate needed number… opt for any post paid plan and after month convert it to prepaid…

Could you tell me which is the minimum postpaid plan for chortel?

113
3416
49
saucap wrote:

Did u post this some days back as well, as some comment in some post? Sounding like I have heard / read this case somewhere.

Yep. I posted about it in someone else’s thread

113
3416
49
Expand
indianboy wrote:

starts from 399.

Okay I’ll ask the airtel store leeches to have the number converted to this plan. Thank you.

0
12382
134

You should recharge your Airtel sim with 45/49rs atleast once in 3 months to avoid such issues.
Obviously now they will start playing since you need that no and they need your money cry

476
4436
51

since it has remained non operational for last 6 mths, definitely she does not need it. My guess is, OP used it to create some wallets where money is stuck and he cannot get it out without OTP.

166
15034
32
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Okay I’ll ask the airtel store leeches to have the number converted to this plan. Thank you.

store leeches 😂😂😂

50
958
6

Full the form online for 999 postpaid plan…and try your luck with the executive who calls you… clearly tell that you will proceed only if particular number is provided.

166
15034
32
panchabhut wrote:

since it has remained non operational for last 6 mths, definitely she does not need it. My guess is, OP used it to create some wallets where money is stuck and he cannot get it out without OTP.

🙄
i don’t think so. i mean, what is motivation to give another version bro?

113
3416
49
Sudarshan61 wrote:

Full the form online for 999 postpaid plan…and try your luck with the executive who calls you… clearly tell that you will proceed only if particular number is provided.

999 plan? I’m not paying a penny more than that 399 plan.

Regarding whether this number needs to be activated back to access some wallet balance, Lol. Like i said, this number belongs to my aunt. Forget last 6 months, I don’t think she received any calls on this in last 18 months. But now when this number is inactive she suddenly says this is extremely important and she’s given this no. to many many places and indirectly blaming me. There’s a reason i described her by nut. I do believe we have one such person in every family.

166
15034
32
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

999 plan? I’m not paying a penny more than that 399 plan.

Regarding whether this number needs to be activated back to access some wallet balance, Lol. Like i said, this number belongs to my aunt. Forget last 6 months, I don’t think she received any calls on this in last 18 months. But now when this number is inactive she suddenly says this is extremely important and she’s given this no. to many many places and indirectly blaming me. There’s a reason i described her by nut. I do believe we have one such person in every family.

at least one person per family bro 😂

76
3164
19
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Okay I’ll ask the airtel store leeches to have the number converted to this plan. Thank you.

Check with different airtel store.

1
5821
13

Happened the same with me in Vodafone…had to move to postpaid and after 3 months came back to prepaid

113
3416
49
silentOBSERVER wrote:

Happened the same with me in Vodafone…had to move to postpaid and after 3 months came back to prepaid

You had to stay on postpaid for 3 months? Good god! Please tell me you did it on your own volition and not because they forced you, even though that’s unlikely. How much was it per month?

50
425
5

I work for airtel NOC team ..I will try to contact regarding this to one of my friend who is in mobility team.. Will post an update here,if they could help.By the way which is the circle of your airtel number..

113
3416
49
hacker96 wrote:

I work for airtel NOC team ..I will try to contact regarding this to one of my friend who is in mobility team.. Will post an update here,if they could help.By the way which is the circle of your airtel number..

Thanks a lot brother. I hope you could give me some good news. Thanks either way.

My circle is Kolkata. I can DM you the number if you want.

81
2522
27

These Airtel idiots loot ppl in a every way possible… As part of their of their superhero program, I do 49 recharge fr someone here using ussd method…. These frauds deducted 47 balance twice from my main balance , rc also done twice … Raised a complaint to cancel 1 recharge and never refunded…. Happened same both last and this month too cold_sweat

1
5821
13
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

You had to stay on postpaid for 3 months? Good god! Please tell me you did it on your own volition and not because they forced you, even though that’s unlikely. How much was it per month?

It was my choice. Had to shell out 249+taxes.

113
3416
49
insta_vicky wrote:

These Airtel idiots loot ppl in a every way possible… As part of their of their superhero program, I do 49 recharge fr someone here using ussd method…. These frauds deducted 47 balance twice from my main balance , rc also done twice … Raised a complaint to cancel 1 recharge and never refunded…. Happened same both last and this month too cold_sweat

Bro, I know right? My very first connection back in 2003 was airtel. Back then I would recharge with some 300 rupees every month for some lifetime validity and whatnot. By 2004 end my balance was over 1200 rupees. Back then stocking up mobile balance gave a feeling like savings a/c deposits in banks or something. Then one fine morning I see my balance is 900 odd rupees. I am like WTF. There was no twitter or facebook back then where I could share my problem so I called customer care and asked why the hell did you steal my balance? Their reply- sir you downloaded games via gprs. I said I was sleeping the entire night and had mobile phone switched off. Their reply- Sir no, we can see you downloaded many games, therefore your balance deduction. I hang up in frustration.

Like a couple of months later, exactly same thing, repetition of the above. Now my balance is below 500. Now my mother calls them, she feels like lakhsmi bai before calling. Airtel CC clowns say the exact same thing to her and after like a 10 mins. of hot conversation they threatened that a lawyer is coming to our house. Mum said please send ASAP………….and it’s 2020, we are still waiting. Moved to Hutch in 2004 and not once they even stole even 1 rupee of mine till date.

Sorry for rather long post early in the morning but typed all these fast with a fresh brain. In short: Fuck them. Even though I do believe they still provide the best broadband out there and if it were available in my place I would move in a heartbeat.

107
1242
8
insta_vicky wrote:

These Airtel idiots loot ppl in a every way possible… As part of their of their superhero program, I do 49 recharge fr someone here using ussd method…. These frauds deducted 47 balance twice from my main balance , rc also done twice … Raised a complaint to cancel 1 recharge and never refunded…. Happened same both last and this month too cold_sweat

Raise a complaint in https://consumerhelpline.g...n/ website . Send that complaint number to airtel via email. You will get back your money in one week.
I did it and got back the balance.

100
8736
120
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Bro, I know right? My very first connection back in 2003 was airtel. Back then I would recharge with some 300 rupees every month for some lifetime validity and whatnot. By 2004 end my balance was over 1200 rupees. Back then stocking up mobile balance gave a feeling like savings a/c deposits in banks or something. Then one fine morning I see my balance is 900 odd rupees. I am like WTF. There was no twitter or facebook back then where I could share my problem so I called customer care and asked why the hell did you steal my balance? Their reply- sir you downloaded games via gprs. I said I was sleeping the entire night and had mobile phone switched off. Their reply- Sir no, we can see you downloaded many games, therefore your balance deduction. I hang up in frustration.

Like a couple of months later, exactly same thing, repetition of the above. Now my balance is below 500. Now my mother calls them, she feels like lakhsmi bai before calling. Airtel CC clowns say the exact same thing to her and after like a 10 mins. of hot conversation they threatened that a lawyer is coming to our house. Mum said please send ASAP………….and it’s 2020, we are still waiting. Moved to Hutch in 2004 and not once they even stole even 1 rupee of mine till date.

Sorry for rather long post early in the morning but typed all these fast with a fresh brain. In short: Fuck them. Even though I do believe they still provide the best broadband out there and if it were available in my place I would move in a heartbeat.

So now you’re using Vi?

How is the service? I’m too residing in your city let’s see whether we agree or not? wink

50
685
4

Why people even go for airtel?

Vodafone has 2g 3g 4g , airtel have no 3g

Jio have only 4g

Choose your poison wisely else drink the nector from
Bsnl/mtnl

113
3416
49
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:

So now you’re using Vi?

How is the service? I’m too residing in your city let’s see whether we agree or not? wink

No. My personal number is on Jio. It was a Vodafone number from 2010 time which I had ported to Jio last year. The number I referred above is now my mother’s (initially it was mine) and yes it’s still on Vodafone. The first Jio sim i took back in 2016 when free offers were running by them, is the one I had ported to airtel in 2018. Because jio network back then was terrible for calling on Bsnl landlines, the calls wouldn’t even go through and disconnect at random.

In respect to network quality, i think Jio is best in terms of data, for voice calls they also offer HD quality. I cannot speak for Vodafone’s data speeds/ stability, because my mother’s phone stays at home all times and always connected to wi-fi only, but voice call quality is good enough and network reception is strong. Airtel on the other hand, when i ported in to them in 2018, was absolutely ridiculous! 4G was giving 2G speeds, literally, and even though there were 4 bars calls wouldn’t go through or come in half the time! If anything has changed now, I can’t say.

@hacker96 Did you get any chance to look at my issue?

100
8736
120
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

No. My personal number is on Jio. It was a Vodafone number from 2010 time which I had ported to Jio last year. The number I referred above is now my mother’s (initially it was mine) and yes it’s still on Vodafone. The first Jio sim i took back in 2016 when free offers were running by them, is the one I had ported to airtel in 2018. Because jio network back then was terrible for calling on Bsnl landlines, the calls wouldn’t even go through and disconnect at random.

In respect to network quality, i think Jio is best in terms of data, for voice calls they also offer HD quality. I cannot speak for Vodafone’s data speeds/ stability, because my mother’s phone stays at home all times and always connected to wi-fi only, but voice call quality is good enough and network reception is strong. Airtel on the other hand, when i ported in to them in 2018, was absolutely ridiculous! 4G was giving 2G speeds, literally, and even though there were 4 bars calls wouldn’t go through or come in half the time! If anything has changed now, I can’t say.

@hacker96 Did you get any chance to look at my issue?

Nice

So I used to have an Airtel sim. The outdoor 4G speeds were excellent however the indoor coverage was terrible and even call used to drop.

Ported it to Vi 2 years back. It’s very stable and the speeds are always > 25-30mpbs indoors and the call quality is good as well.

However for Jio which my parents are using, the call quality is exceptionally well however the data is terrible. The speed I get is 1-2 mbps sometimes even less. It’s not reliable even for watching YouTube videos. Jio is least bothered to resolve this unfortunately so I never really ported to Jio myself and am using Vi. wink

89
599
2
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

You had to stay on postpaid for 3 months? Good god! Please tell me you did it on your own volition and not because they forced you, even though that’s unlikely. How much was it per month?

3month minimum is required before a prepaid conversion.
I had opted for RED/Nirvana Basic Plan 299 for 3month.

89
599
2
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:

Nice

So I used to have an Airtel sim. The outdoor 4G speeds were excellent however the indoor coverage was terrible and even call used to drop.

Ported it to Vi 2 years back. It’s very stable and the speeds are always > 25-30mpbs indoors and the call quality is good as well.

However for Jio which my parents are using, the call quality is exceptionally well however the data is terrible. The speed I get is 1-2 mbps sometimes even less. It’s not reliable even for watching YouTube videos. Jio is least bothered to resolve this unfortunately so I never really ported to Jio myself and am using Vi. wink

Which phone do you use for VI to get those 25-30mbps speed?

Missing