Anyone in Commerce field here? Career help needed

272°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
275
3657
91

There is a younger relative, not so young by the way. Maybe 29 years.

The person is BCom passout. Preparing for CA but unable to clear (Inter is cleared). Has passed through depression phase (parent passed away).

He needs advice on possible future career paths – Is ACCA a good choice? ACCA starting salary will be around 40k per month I think? Considering he is already 29, what else can he do to reach say 1 lac per year or more salary?

Interests are commerce only (IB, GST, Stock Advice, etc).

31 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
126
850
6

He can easily clear the CA exam
first, he to be away from social Media ( may have withdrawal symptoms )
Cut down on extra activities like gossipping wasting time in talking about politics sports movies etc
do not watch TV at all
for refreshing enjoy some traditional games ( carom chess with 👪 )
take 4 subject daily one hour morning one hour evening for reading 📖
take look at the previous paper carefully
see the modal answer and compare his answers with topic
eat light food 🍲 stay away from outside food drink lots of water 💦
do not indulge in an argument with anybody ( in our Indian families every idiot is subject expert / ignore this type of crooks )
always remember CA exam is a difficult ( mountain ⛰ to climb ) part of life
CA is not life

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
5907
65

Other than clearing CA he has no other job in this world – there are many who cleared with just hard work.
If not cleared now then it would become impossible task with every passing year (again have seen many finally dropped)
Let him take an year or two but clear CA

Missing
Deal Cadet
107
934
7

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
153
2
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

Smh

Missing
Community Angel
0
37225
585
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

Marrying before settling is the worst decision anyone could take rolleyes
Destroy your own life as well as the girl’s

Missing
Deal Cadet
5
920
5
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

LOL

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
468
3
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

Absolutely ..Marriage will change his life*** (conditions applied toungueout)

Probably it would be one of the worst decision to marry without any stability in life.

Missing
Community Angel
0
37225
585

Nothing fixed with respect to income with any particular profession bro, i see CAs not being able to earn 10-15K a month.
Changing the course at this stage isnt recommended (contingencies would be present with ACCA too) , wont give a good impression in CV (Assuming he would be going for a job)
Not a career advice (I am ineligible to provide that to someone) just a general thought

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
0
5306
57
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

Nowadays getting a girl is more difficult than getting a job..

Missing
Deal Cadet
107
934
7
Expand
androgame wrote:

Marrying before settling is the worst decision anyone could take rolleyes
Destroy your own life as well as the girl’s

You are absolutely wrong for this person.
He is NOT normal person, hence marriage is the only solution (to get the unconditional love from her).
It will make him to earn money to feed his wife. He will find ways to keep her happy with double extra effort.
Other wise, he will never turn to normal person.
There is no alternative other than marriage for this kind of persons to grow in life.

Missing
Entertainer
42
2884
32

Can’t he work as PO in banks?
Ask him to clear the exam. Spending another 3 to 5 years in education at this age not good without any income.(according to me)
I would suggest bank exams. preferably SBI

Missing
Community Angel
0
37225
585
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Can’t he work as PO in banks?
Ask him to clear the exam. Spending another 3 to 5 years in education at this age not good without any income.(according to me)
I would suggest bank exams. preferably SBI

Age limits there ?
He’s gonna take atleast some time to prepare, we dont have current affairs in CA pensive

Missing
Community Angel
0
37225
585
Expand
ramadesidime wrote:

You are absolutely wrong for this person.
He is NOT normal person, hence marriage is the only solution (to get the unconditional love from her).
It will make him to earn money to feed his wife. He will find ways to keep her happy with double extra effort.
Other wise, he will never turn to normal person.
There is no alternative other than marriage for this kind of persons to grow in life.

Yeah, but living a life without any kind of financial support (from either the girl’s family or the boy’s) is impossible.
What is things go wary, if chances of something going wrong are there then assume thats gonna go wrong

Missing
Deal Cadet
107
934
7
Expand
androgame wrote:

Yeah, but living a life without any kind of financial support (from either the girl’s family or the boy’s) is impossible.
What is things go wary, if chances of something going wrong are there then assume thats gonna go wrong

>>
Yeah, but living a life without any kind of financial support (from either the girl’s family or the boy’s) is impossible.
>>
That itself is the trigger for him to comeback to normal life. Otherwise, what is the motivation for him to comeback to reality?

I am 100% sure, he will become normal. I have few live examples.
I know one person, for him, there is no cot, which he did not sleep in that particular colony.
Later, he got married and he became gentleman with full respect.

Missing
Deal Subedar
84
2388
28
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

Such a bad suggestion, getting married will only increase the problems and why are you telling within community, your mindset is very orthodox.

Missing
Entertainer
93
40446
394
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Can’t he work as PO in banks?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/659356/medium/7303448IMG-20210112-104320.jpg?1610428813

PO in ICICI

Missing
Deal Subedar
33
1246
16

Ask him to focus one group at a time. He should opt for somejob which gives him 30- 40k per month related to his passion but in nearby to his residence. Along with job he can study and clear one group at a time that is what i feel. 6 month is sufficient time to get one group clear at a time. So a year of experience or two max within that time if he clear CA , he would have multiple option to explore.

An alternative to job can be Tax Consultant, wherein he can file returns provided he has sufficient knowledge in Direct and Indirect Tax. Again in this option he has to get some time and study with one final aim as becoming a CA

Missing
Community Angel
0
37225
585
stella.dmonte654 wrote:

Ask him to focus one group at a time. He should opt for somejob which gives him 30- 40k per month related to his passion but in nearby to his residence. Along with job he can study and clear one group at a time that is what i feel. 6 month is sufficient time to get one group clear at a time. So a year of experience or two max within that time if he clear CA , he would have multiple option to explore.

An alternative to job can be Tax Consultant, wherein he can file returns provided he has sufficient knowledge in Direct and Indirect Tax. Again in this option he has to get some time and study with one final aim as becoming a CA

Very difficult to start a new practice (even for a CA) as a tax consultant, indians dont pay money for this stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Subedar
33
1246
16
Expand
androgame wrote:

Very difficult to start a new practice as a tax consultant, indians dont pay money for this stuck_out_tongue

I agree some client are out of the box and keep negotiating but many startup pays you good if your quality of work is superb

Missing
Deal Cadet
126
850
6
ramadesidime wrote:

He already wasted 29 years. He should stop any kind of education. He needs to get into action at this age.
Ask him to get married first (with in the community and poor and educated girl).
Life will change automatically after marriage.

मेरे भाई आपके जो विचार है जब आगरा यूनिवर्सिटी में पढ़ रहे हैं बुड्ढे बुड्ढे अंकल ओं के लिए अच्छे हैं 39 साल 50 साल की उम्र तक वह पढ़ रहे हैं यहां व्यक्ति मेहनत तो करना चाहता है परंतु मेहनत के लिए मानक परिस्थितियों का निर्माण नहीं कर पा रहा जो बातें मैंने ऊपर अंग्रेजी भाषा में लिखी हैं मेरा मानना है कि उन परिस्थितियों से गुजर रहा है सर्वप्रथम अपनी परिस्थितियों से लड़कर उसके ऊपर विजय प्राप्त करनी है और जैसे ही वह अपनी परिस्थितियों के ऊपर विजय प्राप्त कर लेता है तो प्रथम लक्ष्य में ही है चार्टर्ड अकाउंटेंट की परीक्षा उत्तीर्ण कर लेगा

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
288
3

Same with one of my friend.He have done MCA and wasted 3 years preparing for civil services preparation but couldn’t clear any of exam..His agr is 29 or 30 i think..I keep suggesting him that try for job in IT as he had done masters in computer application but he keep saying that he had forgotten all the basics of coding..He is in depression now a days..What should i suggest him?

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
919
4
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Nowadays getting a girl is more difficult than getting a job..

Jiske paas paisa hai,
Vo kahegi mera babu kaisa hai

Missing
Deal Cadet
62
919
4

@Budhe
Bro is he planning to shift abroad after his ACCA? In India this course is good but it’s real value is in the west.
+ @guest_999

Missing
Deal Captain
38
10378
123

Marry a settled girl, and be a stay at home husband. smiling_imp

Missing
Community Angel
0
37225
585
bikidas2060 wrote:

Marry a settled girl, and be a stay at home husband. smiling_imp

That’s a lottery lol

Missing
Critic
0
3247
40
billubakra wrote:

@Budhe
Bro is he planning to shift abroad after his ACCA? In India this course is good but it’s real value is in the west.
+ @guest_999

Not everybody can prepare mentally & financially to move abroad & considering his situation I doubt it.

Missing
Deal Subedar
55
1219
8

Start a job and do simultaneously MBA program in finance (online correspondence)

Missing
Tech Guru
0
4611
59
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Nowadays getting a girl is more difficult than getting a job..

200% true 👍

Missing