Apply HDFC credit card

125°
Deal Newbie
Sunny431

How can I apply for hdfc credit card on card to card basis, I don’t have any existing relationship with hdfc bank.

Although I applied online 2 months back but application still shows in progress.

22 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Flame Flame
Link Copied

2 months back hdfc was not accepting applications only how did you apply?🤔

Wingman Wingman
Link Copied

yes you can but apply only through branch visit not online (they will not process application online), minimum available limit 50k for Indian oil / money back and 1l for millennia, card should be minimum 6 months old. lifetime free offer is also there spend 30k/50k in 90 days.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Fanil wrote:

2 months back hdfc was not accepting applications only how did you apply?🤔

To be very precise it was 24Aug2021 I applied. But no response from there side and my application is showing in progress

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Hitman45 wrote:

yes you can but apply only through branch visit not online (they will not process application online), minimum available limit 50k for Indian oil / money back and 1l for millennia, card should be minimum 6 months old. lifetime free offer is also there spend 30k/50k in 90 days.

Thanks

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
Hitman45 wrote:

Why are they not processing any idea, even mine is pending

They should not show option to apply in that case

Wingman Wingman
Link Copied
Expand
avgn wrote:

Why are they not processing any idea, even mine is pending

They should not show option to apply in that case

due to their internal policies the online card applications are getting processed for only hdfc bank existing customers, others need to apply through offline mode/ branch visit. They don’t have an answer for why it is not mentioned on their website.

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
Expand
Hitman45 wrote:

due to their internal policies the online card applications are getting processed for only hdfc bank existing customers, others need to apply through offline mode/ branch visit. They don’t have an answer for why it is not mentioned on their website.

Okay, so that 1500 Amazon voucher won’t be applicable offline
But what about ltf offer, is that available offline

And they can still do offline kyc via visit for online application, seems like stupid policy

Wingman Wingman
Link Copied
Expand
avgn wrote:

Okay, so that 1500 Amazon voucher won’t be applicable offline
But what about ltf offer, is that available offline

And they can still do offline kyc via visit for online application, seems like stupid policy

yes that GV offer is applicable only for existing customers accordingly. however LTF offer is going on for 30k/50k spend in 90 days depending upon card variant.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I applied Regalia credit card on thurs..and Card delivered on Sun…so fast..PS..it’s LTF as I have corporate ac..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Hitman45 wrote:
however LTF offer is going on for 30k/50k spend in 90 days depending upon card variant.

link?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

I ahev regalia , regalia ke aage to kuch nahi likha

Spend 1 lakh in 90 days or setup smartpay.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

I don’t understand the conditions , we have to either spend enough to make ltf or keep smartpay active. Any of the one, or both necessary?

Any one

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

I don’t understand the conditions , we have to either spend enough to make ltf or keep smartpay active. Any of the one, or both necessary?

It’s either one of them; not both. If you can spend x amount in y days, go for it; if not possible then register a smartpay (should be in your name) within y days and keep it active all the time.
@Sunny431

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

It’s either one of them; not both. If you can spend x amount in y days, go for it; if not possible then register a smartpay (should be in your name) within y days and keep it active all the time.
@Sunny431

Ok thanks

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

If I make my card lifetime free, So when I am offered higher varient cards in future will they be automatically lifetime or not?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Sunny431 wrote:

If I make my card lifetime free, So when I am offered higher varient cards in future will they be automatically lifetime or not?

Will depend on how they offer you.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

@Sunny431

What does active smart pay means?

Just adding the biller in smartpay or to pay bill everymonth thru smartpay

With payzapp i use to get 5% off on bills but now with smart i used last month i got no discount

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
demerius2020 wrote:

What does active smart pay means?

Just adding the biller in smartpay or to pay bill everymonth thru smartpay

With payzapp i use to get 5% off on bills but now with smart i used last month i got no discount

In SmartPay, you can only add postpaid type of bills, ie. billa that get generated; so now once you have added them – once a bill gets generated, it will auto deduct the amount and pay accordingly 3-4 days before the due date.

Now, here’s the catch; they just want an active smartpay. When a bill gets generated, you can still go ahead and login and cancel that particular schedule payment; so it won’t auto deduct; and at the same time the bill is still active.
So generally what we can do, is to add a bill in smartpay (prefer adding something that is billed yearly or half yearly, like LIC and all, so that we don’t have to take the trouble of cancelling it every month), now whenever the bill gets generated, you can simply login in and cancel that particular scheduled payment. It’s a complete valid and full proof way of doing.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

In SmartPay, you can only add postpaid type of bills, ie. billa that get generated; so now once you have added them – once a bill gets generated, it will auto deduct the amount and pay accordingly 3-4 days before the due date.

Now, here’s the catch; they just want an active smartpay. When a bill gets generated, you can still go ahead and login and cancel that particular schedule payment; so it won’t auto deduct; and at the same time the bill is still active.
So generally what we can do, is to add a bill in smartpay (prefer adding something that is billed yearly or half yearly, like LIC and all, so that we don’t have to take the trouble of cancelling it every month), now whenever the bill gets generated, you can simply login in and cancel that particular scheduled payment. It’s a complete valid and full proof way of doing.

Wont it ask for otp or anything ,bcoz in my case even when i tried to oay bill thru smRt pay when first added it still ask for otp and all for payment

Missing