Hot Deal

Arjun Kapoor is threatening public for boycotting films | KRK

442°
  • 2570
  • 38
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 1
Deal Captain
Cody
Expired
Top Comments
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

So much hype for these worthless boycott trends as if they make any difference. Its just time pass for blindie kids and play followback game. All it needs for a movie to become a box office success is a good trailer cut, few trending songs and positive critic reviews.

Gangubai Kathiawadi is a prime example on why these bycott trends are useless. The film experienced similar resistance (on social media 😂) and yet the movie managed to fetch 200c from box office earnings alone (50c+ from digital rights) with a 160c budget. Even if its 100c (BO) it is a note-worthy performance. Similarly with a 80c budget, Jugjugg Jeeyo managed to earn 130c from box office (Good trailer cut and good songs). For a fact, even RRR (Hindi version) experienced pathetic morning show bookings in Mumbai and the rest of the hindi version and it is the critic positive reviews that made people visit the theatres

It is simple now, if the movie is good & got commercial elements (People prefer to watch films like Runway 34 on OTT)  .. it is going to succeed no matter what

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

People are awake. They have seen the moronic things Bollywood is doing . That's why audience are boycotting. Now what gonna Kapoor will do. Boycott audience? He is welcome to do that.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Lolz, like what will he stop releasing his films toungueout stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

That's what we need as well!!!

37 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Lolz, like what will he stop releasing his films toungueout stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

That's what we need as well!!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Not sure who watches Arjun Kapoor's movies. 😏

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Wait, he's gonna release more films? It's Threatening!
Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied
The fact that he's still relevant and does movies after giving continuous flops for 10+ years is concerning......
Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied

Arjun Kapoor should make more films, technicians,side actors ko kam milta rehena chahiye.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Moderator
Link Copied

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797373/medium/Screenshot_20220610-040418_2.png?1660806752
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
खान की खदान में से हीरा लेके आया है तो कॉन्फिडेंस देखा ।  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

So much hype for these worthless boycott trends as if they make any difference. Its just time pass for blindie kids and play followback game. All it needs for a movie to become a box office success is a good trailer cut, few trending songs and positive critic reviews.

Gangubai Kathiawadi is a prime example on why these bycott trends are useless. The film experienced similar resistance (on social media 😂) and yet the movie managed to fetch 200c from box office earnings alone (50c+ from digital rights) with a 160c budget. Even if its 100c (BO) it is a note-worthy performance. Similarly with a 80c budget, Jugjugg Jeeyo managed to earn 130c from box office (Good trailer cut and good songs). For a fact, even RRR (Hindi version) experienced pathetic morning show bookings in Mumbai and the rest of the hindi version and it is the critic positive reviews that made people visit the theatres

It is simple now, if the movie is good & got commercial elements (People prefer to watch films like Runway 34 on OTT)  .. it is going to succeed no matter what

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
GamesBond wrote:
Lolz, like what he will stop releasing his films toungueout stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes That's what we need too!!!
He doesn't have any film. He is empty vessel.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Bollywood is utter waste.

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied
getready wrote:

So much hype for these worthless boycott trends as if they make any difference. Its just time pass for blindie kids and play followback game. All it needs for a movie to become a box office success is a good trailer cut, few trending songs and positive critic reviews.

Gangubai Kathiawadi is a prime example on why these bycott trends are useless. The film experienced similar resistance (on social media 😂) and yet the movie managed to fetch 200c from box office earnings alone (50c+ from digital rights) with a 160c budget. Even if its 100c (BO) it is a note-worthy performance. Similarly with a 80c budget, Jugjugg Jeeyo managed to earn 130c from box office (Good trailer cut and good songs). For a fact, even RRR (Hindi version) experienced pathetic morning show bookings in Mumbai and the rest of the hindi version and it is the critic positive reviews that made people visit the theatres

It is simple now, if the movie is good & got commercial elements (People prefer to watch films like Runway 34 on OTT)  .. it is going to succeed no matter what

200 crore is not much in 2022.... Kinda low for a movie of that scale..
Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:
200 crore is not much in 2022.... Kinda low for a movie of that scale..
ek toh arjun kapoor upar sey krk,  i don't know why you guys are taking this topic seriously. 
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:
200 crore is not much in 2022.... Kinda low for a movie of that scale..

Gangubai all india net gross is 126 crore compared to 180 crore budget. So even this film failed to recover cost from theatrical run. Bollywood facing huge disaster as of now and without digital and ott they can't able to give hit films. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797411/original/IMG_20220818_155356.jpg?1660818434

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797412/original/IMG_20220818_155413.jpg?1660818453

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
xxxyyyzzz wrote:
200 crore is not much in 2022.... Kinda low for a movie of that scale..
That's a lot considering 50% occupancy in Mumbai and other reasons during first week or two
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

There is no need to boycott his films. No one will watch anyway.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Gangubai all india net gross is 126 crore compared to 180 crore budget. So even this film failed to recover cost from theatrical run. Bollywood facing huge disaster as of now and without digital and ott they can't able to give hit films. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797411/original/IMG_20220818_155356.jpg?1660818434

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797412/original/IMG_20220818_155413.jpg?1660818453

Based on the stats shared by you, film successfully recovered the investment ..? 😄

Budget = 150c, Marketing = 30c

Distribution rights = 90c

BO = 126cr Nett / 200cr Gross

+ digital rights @ 70c (Not sure about Audio rights value) 

Edit: Read this to get some idea about how recovery works for movies .. it isn't just about Movie budget >> BO Collections

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Based on the stats shared by you, film successfully recovered the investment ..? 😄

Budget = 150c, Marketing = 30c

Distribution rights = 90c

BO = 126cr Nett / 200cr Gross

+ digital rights @ 70c (Not sure about Audio rights value) 

Edit: Read this to get some idea about how recovery works for movies .. it isn't just about Movie budget >> BO Collections

That is what I said. It recovered money from other sources where as it has under recovered from theatrical run. 

Earlier films was used recover money from theatrical run and other source income was bonus. But now time changed  and bollywood facing shortage of audience in movie halls. 

P. S - lsc and raksha bandhan  allready recovered there investments from other sources. 


Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Tatti kaam aur inhe har show housefull chahiye... joy
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

That is what I said. It recovered money from other sources where as it has under recovered from theatrical run. 

Earlier films was used recover money from theatrical run and other source income was bonus. But now time changed  and bollywood facing shortage of audience in movie halls. 

P. S - lsc and raksha bandhan  allready recovered there investments from other sources. 


Nope, that's not what you said and your understanding about my post is also wrong.

Distribution budget/rights vs BO Collection (Nett/Share) is the one you should be paying attention to. If the BO collection is more than distribution budget then the distributors are in profit (Producers recover the investment prior to movie release itself.. if the parties that got them end up as profitable then you can call a venture to be successful)

In simple terms, producers won't sell distribution rights (recovered via BO collections) at their budget + marketing cost 😄

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Amir Khan is anti-hindu and anti-national.#Boycottamir

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Nope, that's not what you said and your understanding about my post is also wrong.

Distribution budget/rights vs BO Collection (Nett/Share) is the one you should be paying attention to. If the BO collection is more than distribution budget then the distributors are in profit (Producers recover the investment prior to movie release itself.. if the parties that got them end up as profitable then you can call a venture to be successful)

In simple terms, producers won't sell distribution rights (recovered via BO collections) at their budget + marketing cost 😄

I am not mistaking anything. 

Earlier net gross will be more than budget. For eg net gross of dabang 2 is 150 crore and budget is 84 crore. Film will be called hit - superhit Or blockbuster based on how much it collects net gross over budget. 

After ott coming every films recovers budget even if they are Theatrical disasters. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797422/original/IMG_20220818_170402.jpg?1660822548

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:
Film will be called hit - superhit Or blockbuster based on how much it collects net gross over budget

This is noob analogy (Since the distribution budget / rights won't be static for every film.. it depends on the film's craze and release time like COVID.. they vary), there's nothing more to say 😄

Here's one more article regarding the same

When the producers got their money (+ the distributors).. i don't know how people refer a movie as underperformer lol. Now check the same for Shamshera/laal singh chaddha.. there are numerous articles about distributors demanding compensation for their losses 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
This is noob analogy (Since the distrubution rights won't be static for every film.. depends on the film's craze and release time like COVID.. they vary), there's nothing more to say 😄
Here's one more article regarding the same

When the producers got their money (+ the distributors).. i don't know how people refer a movie as underperformer lol

Simple fact - producer fails to recover budget money from theatre then it is clear case of  - public not interested to watch this movie in movie hall by paying his hard earned money and film will be called bellow average - flop - disaster based of quantum of under recovery in theatrical run. Gangubai is classified as flop based of theatrical run. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797425/original/IMG_20220818_172815.jpg?1660823933

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:
Now check the same for Shamshera/laal singh chaddha.. there are numerous articles about distributors demanding compensation for their losses 

This is also not true. In both cases producers them self released movies. So compensation news is fake one. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797426/original/IMG_20220818_173603.jpg?1660824381

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Simple fact - producer fails to recover budget money from theatre then it is clear case of  - public not interested to watch this movie in movie hall by paying his hard earned money and film will be called bellow average - flop - disaster based of quantum of under recovery in theatrical run. Gangubai is classified as flop based of theatrical run. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797425/original/IMG_20220818_172815.jpg?1660823933

Its time for you to follow knowledgeable trade analysts/websites. Find out why "The batman" with 1522c budget and 41c collections (India) is called a hit and what 50cr refers to for Radhe Shyam (Hindi) version in the attached SS.. you will get some answers

Good luck and bye bye.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Its time for you to follow knowledgeable trade analysts/websites. Find out why "The batman" with 1522c budget and 41c collections (India) is called a hit and what 50cr refers to for Radhe Shyam (Hindi) version in the attached SS.. you will get some answers

Good luck and bye bye.

Go to any trade websites and check yourself status of movies.  All portals and trade magazine have same verdict . 

Good luck And good bye 😂

Ps. - Batman is hit when you add all other language collection and radhe shyaam is flop after adding all other language collection. Collection Figures shown here are only hindi language collection. Both released in multi language  and budget shows complete budget and collection shown for hindi language only. Verdict shown based on whole theatrical collection adding other language collection also. 

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Go to any trade websites and check yourself status of movies.  All portals and trade magazine have same verdict . 

Good luck And good bye 😂

Ps. - Batman is hit when you add all other language collection and radhe shyaam is flop after adding all other language collection. Collection Figures shown here are only hindi language collection. Both released in multi language  and budget shows complete budget and collection shown for hindi language only. Verdict shown based on whole theatrical collection adding other language collection also. 

Checked BoxOfficeIndia, found out superhit/blockbuster articles for gangubai and so deleted its reference from your post? What happened to your most authentic tag? 😂

Batman is hit when you add all other language collection and radhe shyaam is flop after adding all other language collection. Collection Figures shown here are only hindi language collection. Both released in multi language and budget shows complete budget and collection shown for hindi language only. Verdict shown based on whole theatrical collection adding other language collection also.

Batman Hindi version nett is 40c+ ? In which universe lol? That's for English or all languages. Problem is not with the websites but the understanding

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Checked BoxOfficeIndia, found out superhit/blockbuster articles for gangubai and so deleted its reference from your post? What happened to your most authentic tag? 😂

Batman is hit when you add all other language collection and radhe shyaam is flop after adding all other language collection. Collection Figures shown here are only hindi language collection. Both released in multi language and budget shows complete budget and collection shown for hindi language only. Verdict shown based on whole theatrical collection adding other language collection also.

Batman Hindi version nett is 40c+ ? In which universe lol? That's for English or all languages. Problem is not with the websites but the understanding

Box office india is most authentic one .They not yet updated verdict for gangubai and they will add after year is passed. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797430/original/IMG_20220818_181634.jpg?1660826898

They did not updated verdict under movie . 

But they categorized gangubai as hit in there first half analysis. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797431/original/IMG_20220818_182101.jpg?1660827296

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Bk100 wrote:

Box office india is most authentic one .They not yet updated verdict for gangubai and they will add after year is passed. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797430/original/IMG_20220818_181634.jpg?1660826898

They did not updated verdict under movie . 

But they categorized gangubai as hit in there first half analysis. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/797431/original/IMG_20220818_182101.jpg?1660827296

Oh.. finally
Year after? Why? The movie is still running in theatres to change the verdict? 😄
replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply